• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

wellington anyone?

Karori yuck. Thats like a 45min walk to town. Fine if your just going to exist in life and drive to work and back blah blah but I love the freedom of just having a 5 - 10min walk into town. Gives you the freedom to drink whenever aswell without having to worry bout a massive mission home.

cmon guys.

gimme 5 good suburbs and 5 bad ones.

...and by bad i mean, not good, not 5 (sam)bãd ones

anyone looking for a flat...

...or alternatively two flatmates in wellington

cmon guys.

gimme 5 good suburbs and 5 bad ones.

...and by bad i mean, not good, not 5 (sam)bãd ones
[/b]
If you want to walk into town then you're looking at Mt Vic, Newtown, Mt Cook, Kelburn, Brooklyn.

i dont find anything wrong with the hutt to live in. There isnt that much to do there but you can easily walk to the mall for the movies, go to the driving range, though thats a bit of a walk lol, golf, and thats probably about it. but if you live close to the train station then that cancels it out.

the only problem if you use the train the last train is at 1am and the first one is at 6am so if you want to go into town your options are to leave at 1am when its just starting or take a bus. unless of course you want to wait til 6am. which is my preferable option when i go into town. (unless of course you find a nice lass' place to crash at)

nice places but probably too far for you are
Johnsonville, Newlands, Woodridge (i lived there, bloody nice but expensive) Seaview,

all the other ones that have been said are pretty close and ok, i would throw in Ngio as well, as thats not far to walk, i have done it plenty of times. just up hill lol.

what about apartments, have you looked at some cheap ones? one bedroom apartments are pretty cheap and small but at least your in the CBD, dunno about two bedroom ones though.

the only problem if you use the train the last train is at 1am and the first one is at 6am so if you want to go into town your options are to leave at 1am when its just starting or take a bus. unless of course you want to wait til 6am. [/b]

ha, the night has just begun!

what about apartments, have you looked at some cheap ones? one bedroom apartments are pretty cheap and small but at least your in the CBD, dunno about two bedroom ones though. [/b]

thats the problem were having atm. if it were just me going, i would be sweet. finding either a 1 betroom apartment/grannyflat or moving into a flat is easy. if there were another one of us, getting a 3 bedroom is easy, but a 2 bedroom is hard.

because we want to pay $200 inc exp each. so that means we are looking at a max of a place of $350, so that works out to be $175 each, with a exp of aprox $25. but we really want somewhere where rent is $300 so we have rent being $150 each +exp.

so assuming that we could get 3 people, then if we are paying $175 +exp then were looking at somewhere which is $525 +exp in which we could pritty much live where we want. thats the pain in the ass were in. look up trademe, and 2/3bedroom flat for under $350 and theres not much.

woot - put a bond on a place in newtown - only 270pw :) just a 2min bus to jville, and a 10min from city. and ive got a job at either loaded hog or the establishment if i want it!!

woot - put a bond on a place in newtown - only 270pw :) just a 2min bus to jville, and a 10min from city. and ive got a job at either loaded hog or the establishment if i want it!! [/b]

Yo are you gonna be a bouncer at establishment? If so, let my ass in coz the only club that lets me in most of the time is Shooters coz I always wear Tall Tees, Baggy Jeans and Air Forces lol. They always pull me up for my shoes <_< . Oh yeah welcome to welly :)

haha, yeah im in baylands drive. it looks to be a really nice suburb. down the street it gets a bit iffy, but then you turn around again and its good again. its hard to get a good impression on a monday and tuesday but it seemed really nice.

darkmanx, i feel your pain. its f***ing hard to have a good night on the town in your led zeppelin t-shirt and a pair of white DC's. but im a bar manager, but im always up for a small bribe to split with the bouncer the next time your in town haha

oh and spent a bit of time in jville waiting for the bus, and thats a nice as local place ehy. i went into the innkeepers which is on the left coming into jville and it looks awesome ehy. really nice locals and a cool as barman/chef. loved it ehy.

but heres a story. got into wellington on monday, took the taxi into cortney place and had a walk around to cuba st etc and i was like f***, this place is empty. things must open at like 10 or something. until we got told by the real estate lady that it was a public holiday. wellington aniversary. f***!! who thinks of that when going for a geeze around town? it ****** me off. all of our job and house looking got crammed into one day. but what was really funny was at my current work, the manager of the bar knows im leaving cause hes a good guy and i dont want to **** him off by leaving etc so ive told him ages in advance. but the office staff dont (and wont for another hour and a half) but the lady who runs the office she was on holiday in wellington, and i was like meh, we wont run into each other. as i walk out of the hotel, she walks in. what are the f***ing chances ehy?!?!?!

haha whatever. yeah, next to johnsonville anyway.

yeah newlands woops lol.

that would explain why im always getting confused where the f*** i am most of the time

bro, i live in newlands. i've only just reading EVERY SINGLE f***ING post in this thread haha.

i was preparing to list 5 good and 5 bad places when i see you've already found a place. that's within walking distance to mine. me & my cousins always looking for another person to thrash in 08, u play?

so have you decided where u want to work? i reckon do estblishment coz it's in the middle of town and it's always busy on fri & sat nights. loaded hog is ok. so i guess wherever your going, that's going to be my new watering hole! hahaha.

haha good ****, yeah havent really had any decent multi 08 experiance, but when you thrash the cpu with the style like me, meh, a challenge at least.

yeah im going to ring up the guy on the 27th-ish and ask what he thinks, and where i should go.

one thing ive noticed though, in wellington - there is a hell of alot of emos. yeah most of them its a fashion thing rather than a auckland emo thing, where they actually ARE emo, but in wellington at least half the people look like emos. i got told there are tones of emos and gangstas, but there wernt too many gangstas. but i guess that im use to auckland were EVERYONES a gangsta, and try to intimidate anyone. no matter were you go in auckland, you get, black gangstas, asian gangstas, white gangstas, etc.

one thing ive noticed though, in wellington - there is a hell of alot of emos. yeah most of them its a fashion thing rather than a auckland emo thing, where they actually ARE emo, but in wellington at least half the people look like emos. i got told there are tones of emos and gangstas, but there wernt too many gangstas. but i guess that im use to auckland were EVERYONES a gangsta, and try to intimidate anyone. no matter were you go in auckland, you get, black gangstas, asian gangstas, white gangstas, etc.
[/b]

LOL, at least the streets aren't infested by white gangsta boy racers like CHCH. f***, they have to be a worse breed than emo's IMO.

We get a helluva lot of asian gangstas in certain parts also, and town seems to be the spot for a good ole' wrist cutting for the local emo's.

well im here! living in newtown. already got lost getting here and when i went shopping. stoaked with the flat though. my mate had it all done up, barr my room cause i took my tv, computer bedside table etc with me when i came down yesterday. left at 8:30 and got here at 5 so no too bad. only stopped in taupo for a coffee. the trip was much better than i remembered when i was a kid. i think they upgraded there radio towers cause i got radio all the way down (even on desert road) but took me all f***ing day to find hauraki, so i tuned into radio live untill i found it. funny station that - if i had any less of a life i would actually listen to it. trip also better than when i was a kid because me my dad and sister went down to see my grandpa about twice a year, and for some reason my dad would say to my sister just past taupo "Have you been talked to about periods yet?" etc. yuck... 4-5 hours of THAT!!!!

haha anyway, going to go talk to a guy about a job today and confident. he even rang me up when i got here so thats always a good sign, and on the way back, need to pick up a chair, microwave and a dryer...

...unless woosha lets me use his.

Latest posts