• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wellington Sevens, 3-4 February 2012

Brilliant try Tonga!! Wales in trouble here....

...as I say that Wales score.

All over: 14-14. A very exciting game!

.... I feel I may be talking to myself.... go Canada!

Last edited:
I would be watching it, but no Sky. C'mon Tonga!

You are missing some exciting games. Canada currently beating France 19-14, with only 1 minute left. France just about scored, but there was a stunning cover tackle from one of the Canadians...

EDIT: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... Canada win 19-14!

Now Kenya are beating Australia (who look to have stolen the Highlanders lime green playing strip!)....

EDIT Again: Kenya destroying them!

Last edited:
You are missing some exciting games. Canada currently beating France 19-14, with only 1 minute left. France just about scored, but there was a stunning cover tackle from one of the Canadians...

EDIT: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... Canada win 19-14!

Now Kenya are beating Australia (who look to have stolen the Highlanders lime green playing strip!)....

EDIT Again: Kenya destroying them!

Two great games!!! Kenya finally playing well again.

Two great games!!! Kenya finally playing well again.

It was really good to see Kenya playing like they can - they absolutely destroyed Australia. Scotland just gave New Zealand a bit of a scare too - leading 7-0 at half-time. Luckily the New Zealand team listened to the abuse I was throwing at them through the TV, and played much better in the second half!

Canada is missing Phil Mack I was wondering how they would fare without him and they looked good Taylor Paris redeemed his yellow card with that great tackle and Hearn had a superb try while down a man.

Canada is missing Phil Mack I was wondering how they would fare without him and they looked good Taylor Paris redeemed his yellow card with that great tackle and Hearn had a superb try while down a man.

That try saving tackle was brilliant... I didn't realize it was the same guy that got sent off - that may explain why he had the energy to pull off a tackle like that late in the game! It doesn't get any easier for Canada now - first they have a fired Australian team, then they get to face the resurgent Kenyans. Pool D looks like it could be anyone's at this stage!

I would be watching it, but no Sky. C'mon Tonga!

Wouldn't matter jot:(

It was really good to see Kenya playing like they can - they absolutely destroyed Australia. Scotland just gave New Zealand a bit of a scare too - leading 7-0 at half-time. Luckily the New Zealand team listened to the abuse I was throwing at them through the TV, and played much better in the second half!

Now are just taunting me.

Got such a bad stream,but yeessss the Tongans beating Fiji.

Wales 14 - 14 Tonga
France 14 - 19 Canada
Australia 10 - 35 Kenya
Fiji 14 - 17 Tonga

MADNESS? No. THIS.......................IS.........................SEVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS......

Now are just taunting me.

Got such a bad stream,but yeessss the Tongans beating Fiji.

I do enjoy taunting :p Scotland played really well in the first-half - if they could keep that up for the full game they may well push Samoa (who weren't that impressive versus Japan). I'm meant to be doing some work this afternoon but I've given up, and are now having a few beers watching the Sevens as it has been too good to miss!

Last edited:
Aaggggghh Hirayama missed the comversion which would have given Canada a draw with Oz. Still things wide open right now. The US hasn't scored in their first two games LOL.

Aaggggghh Hirayama missed the comversion which would have given Canada a draw with Oz. Still things wide open right now. The US hasn't scored in their first two games LOL.

Pool D still wide-open - each team has won 1, lost 1. If Canada beat Kenya they could still top the pool!

That Canada game was pretty good to watch!

I however was stunned to see Lote Tuqiri play for Japan vs New Zealand...

Now before anyone goes on to castrate me about this... I want to make it perfectly clear that I don't follow the news about other teams who play 7's. Only the blitz-bokke... It was so weird to see a former Aussie legend run out for another country... with that being said, he didn't do much on the field...

That Canada game was pretty good to watch!

I however was stunned to see Lote Tuqiri play for Japan vs New Zealand...

Now before anyone goes on to castrate me about this... I want to make it perfectly clear that I don't follow the news about other teams who play 7's. Only the blitz-bokke... It was so weird to see a former Aussie legend run out for another country... with that being said, he didn't do much on the field...

I think you will find that it is a very different Lote Tuqiri :lol:

I think you will find that it is a very different Lote Tuqiri :lol:

lol, Oh okay, didn't know that, I didn't see his face, just saw a big Abo running on the field for Japan and then I saw the list of players for Japan with his name there...

Anyways... South Africa won their pool, beating USA, Cook Islands and England. And then the Cook Islands went on to beat the USA...

What the hell was that guy doing running onto the field and tackling a player during the NZ vs Samoa match!?! Another Piet van Zyl. Just totally uncalled for.

What the hell was that guy doing running onto the field and tackling a player during the NZ vs Samoa match!?! Another Piet van Zyl. Just totally uncalled for.

Yeah just stupid. I wish I was the security, I wouldve really twisted his arm.

Here is a video of the incident embarrasing stuff. Streaking can be amusing assualting players and officials on the field is not he has been charged with assault.

On another note TRF got a retweet from Rugby Canada today looks like we have some important followers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts