• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welsh orals

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 3 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Dec 3 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJ#1 @ Dec 3 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dwin hoffi ware Rygbi a mae Cymru yn wich am ware Rygbi![/b]

Do you mean: Dwi'n hoffi chwarae Rugby, ac mae Cymru'n chwarae'r gem yn wich. :p

Edit: treigliadau are a *****, aren't they? You're doing what I used to and over doing them. The only rule I know is that words change after: am, ar, at, tros, trwy, tan, i, wrth, o, hyd, heb, gan. Sticking with that seems to get me by ok.
[/b][/quote]

Did You mean: Dwi'n hoffi chwarae Rugby, ac mae Cymru'yn chwarae'r gem yn wich?
[/b][/quote]

No not really! :p

the apostophy is the same in Welsh as it is in English, denoting where a letter has been dropped when two words have been put together. So instead of 'Cymru yn chwarae', it flows better to combine Cymru and yn into Cymru'n.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Dec 4 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 3 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Dec 3 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean: Dwi'n hoffi chwarae Rugby, ac mae Cymru'n chwarae'r gem yn wich. :p

Edit: treigliadau are a *****, aren't they? You're doing what I used to and over doing them. The only rule I know is that words change after: am, ar, at, tros, trwy, tan, i, wrth, o, hyd, heb, gan. Sticking with that seems to get me by ok.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

the apostophy is the same in Welsh as it is in English, denoting where a letter has been dropped when two words have been put together. So instead of 'Cymru yn chwarae', it flows better to combine Cymru and yn into Cymru'n.
[/b][/quote]

I just googled it and copy and pasted the 'did youi mean' result. I dunno what it means. Do you get any bad puns in Wales with people thinking it cool to spell the already very annoying kool as llool?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 4 2009, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Dec 4 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 3 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I just googled it and copy and pasted the 'did youi mean' result. I dunno what it means. Do you get any bad puns in Wales with people thinking it cool to spell the already very annoying kool as llool?
[/b][/quote]

I was wondering how you knew what you were on about. Not quite sure what you mean with the kool - llool thing. Double L is pronounced, well it's hard to describe, erm.... hard to even begin.... It's like a cat's hiss, when they arch their back. Best I could do, sorry.........

Histen to this, the first letter is ll.

okay im confused haha

good luck to everyone who has any orals coming up

i got a B so im chuffed :)

still cant translate the language though

we got to do Welsh

What's the difference between an Australian kiss and a French kiss?

An Australian kiss is exactly like a French kiss...only down under.

Thought i'd lower the tone a little.

Latest posts