Western Force v Hurricanes

B

BLR

<div align="center">
2006-western-force-with-blue-box-.jpg
V
2006-hurricanes.jpg
</div>
This game should be getting underway right about now, I'm working so will be watching it later tonight. (stupid Kiwi scheduling of games)

The Hurricanes are looking towards the Semi's after a pretty rubbish start and the Force are standing in thier way and are fielding probably one of the youngest backlines in the Super 14 this week, at an age of 22.18. O'Connor had a solid debut against the Chiefs and returns to the line up with Scott Staniforth out for the rest of the season. The Chiefs injured half our team in the game last weekend so the Force are a mishmash of talent with Dane Haylett-Petty, an 18 year old from Hale School in Perth, and Josh Tatupu, a former leaguie getting thier first starts. Ryan Cross is out because of a broken jaw, Pek Cowan has a dislocated thumb which protruded through the skin, Scott Fava is out, I forget why and finally Nick Cummins is out with a broken leg.

It is very much a David v Goliath fight and will show alot of the young talent that the Force have and for the Hurricanes will show perhaps a few All Blacks running riot. Also Tim Fairbrother is apparently eligible to come play in Australia so expect this to be one of his last times not playing in the Force deep blue! :p

Hurricanes in a close but exciting game.

Teams
Hurricanes: Cory Jane, Hosea Gear, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Zac Guildford, Willie Ripia, Piri Weepu, Rodney So'oialo (capt), Scott Waldrom, Chris Masoe, Jason Eaton, Jeremy Thrush, Tim Fairbrother, Andrew Hore, Neemia Tialata. Reserves: Hikawera Elliott, John Schwalger, Craig Clarke, Thomas Waldrom, Alby Mathewson, Jimmy Gopperth, Tamati Ellison.

Force: Cameron Shepherd, Dane Haylett-Petty, Josh Tatupu, James O'Connor, Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, James Stannard, Richard Brown, David Pocock, Matt Hodgson, Nathan Sharpe (capt), David Pusey, Troy Takiari, Tai McIsaac, Gareth Hardy. Reserves: Luke Holmes, Kieran Longbottom, Sitaleki Timani, Sam Wykes, Chris O'Young, Scott Daruda, Haig Sare.

My Uncle, Dad & cousin went to the game down Wellyz haven't heard anything yet thou no txt or anything. I would of went but I've got the trotters :%#%#: damn it.

My thoughts on this game is that the Hurricanes have the potential to turn this game into a blow out but because they're so inconsistant there's no knowing what will happen. I'm hoping that the Canes do it but I'm also thinking that the Force have some really good young talent and if they get the chance to run it could be a long night for the Canes.

My prediction is Canes by 12-

Final Score: Hurricanes 21 - 10 Force

Sheaperd scored in the last few minutes which pretty much dashed the Canes BP hopes.

This could come back to haunt them.

The Hurricanes played exactly NOT like the Hurricanes. They dominated most of the game, kicked very well tactically, held onto the ball through multiple phases and strangled the opposition. On the other hand, they only got 2 tries from something ridiculous like 85% territory. Not the best game to watch, especially for a Force supporter but the Hurricanes did what they had to. Not exactly terrifying stuff for the other finals contenders though.

Same old chestnut, the Canes basically did to us what the Reds did a few weeks ago but of course were a bit better at it...

I'm hoping the Canes are just holding back most of their arsenal and waiting for the finals to go hard. Hurricanes should of made more from all the territory and possesion that they got but I guess thats credit to the Force for not letting the Canes in to easy.

Wished the Canes kept up the pressure because like you say Cheifsfan that bonus point could haunt us we need every single point we can get especially at a such a critical time in the season.

There were a handful of scoring oppotunities for the 'Canes but just didn't finish them off well. Nice hit from Nonu and a little bit too rough from Tialata on the those two young guys, but welcome to the Super 14. I'll be cheering on the Stormers against the Waratahs so the 'Canes will come closer to a home semi-final.

Go 'Canes!

Latest posts