• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are you listening to?

Just watched a documentary on Warburton, and they played out with this...

Not this (although this is a also a great track)

Good choice.

Last edited:
This is a great album from 2012. :cool:

1241612.jpg

About 5 years late but Daft Punk's Random Access Memories

Got in in Vinyl which sound great hooked up to my surround.

My Metallica tickets arrived this week so I've been having a blast through their back catalogue in preparation for the gig next month.

******* loving it - I've not had a proper listen to them (beyond songs coming up in spotify playlists, and the odd nostalgic one or two song listen) in probably 10-15years.
Love how they record every one of their live shows, as well - if you go to the show they give you a code to download that concert's audio after the show, which is sweet, but they also release a bunch of videos on their youtube so I'm blasting through a bunch of them. Considering they're pushing 60 they sound as good as ever - maybe even better because their live guitar tones are really on point since they switched to Fractal rigs

And his voice sounds like **** compared to his best.

Metallica are as a slick a production as you'll find, but fundamentally, he sings the way he does now because he can't sing the way that he used to.

Watch the Seattle '89 show... that's their high water mark. They are nowhere close to that.

And his voice sounds like **** compared to his best.

Metallica are as a slick a production as you'll find, but fundamentally, he sings the way he does now because he can't sing the way that he used to.

Watch the Seattle '89 show... that's their high water mark. They are nowhere close to that.
That's Live **** Binge and Purge, isn't it?
I've got that (ridiculously big) box set stashed somewhere - like I said, I've not listened to them properly in 15 years, it's probably just my surprise at them sounding as good as they did (Vince Neil, from Motley Crue, was terrible when I saw them :p).

Live **** is definitely a favourite of mine, though. Will have to search it out, though if it ruins the gig by comparison I'm holding you personally responsible.

Live **** is definitely a favourite of mine, though. Will have to search it out, though if it ruins the gig by comparison I'm holding you personally responsible.

It shouldn't do.

Lars has always been sloppy, and now he oftens plays stripped down "easy" versions of the songs, Kirk has also always been sloppy - a bit more hit and miss.

But you should enjoy it, I did when I saw them, even though it was quite an awkward experience given that the crowd is decidedly not a metal crowd, and I felt somewhat out of place wearing a metal shirt.

Kirk has also always been sloppy
That's the thing that has me questioning these new recordings, tbh. The solos sound pretty clean - I watched some videos of him live a few years ago and it was just constant wah to cover the mistakes, it was unrecognisable really. We shall see, I'm excited either - been wanting to see them since I was 11 and my brother got me into them. Ghost supporting, too - while i'm not a massive fan of theirs you can't deny they put on a hell of a show.

My Metallica tickets arrived this week so I've been having a blast through their back catalogue in preparation for the gig next month.

******* loving it - I've not had a proper listen to them (beyond songs coming up in spotify playlists, and the odd nostalgic one or two song listen) in probably 10-15years.
Love how they record every one of their live shows, as well - if you go to the show they give you a code to download that concert's audio after the show, which is sweet, but they also release a bunch of videos on their youtube so I'm blasting through a bunch of them. Considering they're pushing 60 they sound as good as ever - maybe even better because their live guitar tones are really on point since they switched to Fractal rigs
Never had you down as a Metalhead Olyy (or you Rats). Though I guess supporting Sale has to give you a bit of a dark, minor key outlook on life

I'm not a metal kind of guy but do have a slight soft spot for Metallica to be fair, slightly ridiculous though they are they're pretty good (and relatively accessible) at what they do. I imagine that'll be a great gig.

Blink aren't my favourite pop punk band (definitely up there, but there's others I prefer) but Take Off Your Pants and Jacket is, for my money, the best pop punk album ever.

In the words of Sum 41: It's all killer no filler. Even the weaker songs on it are bangers.

Latest posts