• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are your expectations of the new Rugby 2012?

Dizzy

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
How good do you think the game will be.

I mean, how it will make you feel, I know that just having a new rugby game is enough satisfaction in it's own right but what about, how you think you'd feel while playing it.

If it is more simulative, do you think you'll feel over excited and won't want to touch any other game. Due to the realistic side of it?

Or do you think you will be satisfied if the game was as basic as 08 but with updated rosters and such with a couple different tackle animations and rucking improvements?

to be honest i dont care how it plays, as long as theres no glitches then im happy.

Improved rucks, lineouts and harder difficulty would be great, add a few more licenses for leagues and I would be over the moon.

I will be happy for the game just to come out sa i am still playing 06 on the 360, however for the game to be successful the following upgrades should be implemented and seeing as how early they announced the game and how responsive hb are to the community they should be able to get it right.

If the game has good gameplay similar to the step up from rugby 2005 to 06 i.e 08 to 12 should be a big step up then it will be a successful game. To achieve this HB need to upgrade the bread and butter.

If the gameplay is that is bit more realistic with maybe new lineout selections, rucking animations, player options (i.e. to chip kick, grubber or run), also the actual running game of the players needs an overhaul. These are the key basic features and would make the game alot better. These are the bread and butter of rugby and need to be the best part of the game.

The features were good in 08 i'm happy with them with maybe an improved manager mode to add longevity but other than that just keep the features we had previously.

The final big addition i think would be to have a creation mode, incredibly important if the game is unlicensed:
Editing player names, shapes, sizes and attributes are important.
Creating players that look fairly realistic and not like aliens with big heads.
Editing of teams and leagues, names of leagues and teams, the teams which are participating in that league, maybe a basic kit editor which would be useful if the teams were unlicensed

These upgrades should probably be implemented within the first game maybe with the exception of the manager mode however this would be a big plus.

When running in Rugby 08 the players are way 2 jumpy and run way to weird. When you hold the joy stick the players are at one end of the field to the other in 2 seconds. It's so unrealistic

The sound like that Rugby would be implement in the character as well as make its very far than previously. Even I have also weired the player problem. So I hope that It would be come as soon as and also much better than soon.

It would be nice that as soon as the rules change that an update is available. Some of the new rules are absalute muck and happen midway through the six nations every year. An update could be sold as a small fee. This could also be done with a roster update if the game is not going to come out every year.

They should take as benchmark the best of the best sport video game ie EA Fifa 2010, eventho i realize the resources & budget are totally different...
The online modes to play against friends & all customization/creation of league/teams/players will be super important. I really want to be able to play with my home town club, and if it s not in, i want to be able to create it! That will trigger lots of extra purchase from people hesitating to invest in a rugby game.

My expectations are quite low, this is the first Next-Gen Rugby game so I'm not going to believe that it will deliver like the Madden or FIFA games. However I hope that HB just get the fundamentals right, and that the game does not have too many pause and load screens. I would love to quick tap or quick lineout and keep going as I believe that this would be the best reflection of current world rugby standards.

I'm actually playing Lomu still and I love how quick the gameplay is. This is what is missed in the previous EA games.

What I think the game will be;

thistle_bull_flower.jpg
BumbleBeeREX_468x362.jpg
ace.jpg

I expect nothing less than the reconcilliation of Quantum theory with Einstein's theory of relativity. Anything else and I'll think twice about buying it.

Improved rucks, lineouts and harder difficulty would be great, add a few more licenses for leagues and I would be over the moon.

+1

I think people are being far too specific and fussy about details that would take ages to perfect and then make the game cost a fortune.

I would love it if they add the domestic competitions eg ITM Cup, Currie Cup etc!!

I would love to see the TOP 14 in Rugby 2012. I can understand that there was no licence for it in Rugby 2008, but now this championship has some of the best teams in Europe and considering not to include it in Rugby 2012 would be a bad move. There are many players from the South hemisphere and British players in it as well. And don't forget that France is the biggest video game market in Europe after the UK. When you look at the attendance in French stadiums lately, I'm telling you, there is definitely a market to conquer :]

My expectations are for a rugby union game on the XBOX 360 platform, providing it is not complete dross I will be buying it.

Latest posts