• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are your expectations of the new Rugby 2012?

big improvement visually in terms of graphics, a better rugby simulation, good licenses and accurate player ratings, obviously there are a few gameplay aspects that could do with more realistic animations...eg.running styles.

Quality Gameplay first and foremost than graphics, I've enjoyed previous ***les By HB studios so an improved gameplay from previous ***les would be awsome...

This......and:

I would also like to see the glitch fixed where you can just run on a diagonal and ghost
through the defense unchallenged.

I would like to see inside balls not being ruled forward everytime.

I would like to see a bit of randomness in kicks.

I would like to see the AI do something other than use the same predicable set plays
over and over.

I would also like rucks to be implemented proberly with numbers and speed at the
breakdown playing a huge part.

AI must be a a challenge!! If the gameplay is not there then graphics and licences will
be forgotton quickly.

If these changes were made I would be happy with an HD 06/08. No need for anything like Fifa IMO.

If the player names and kits are unlicsensed Im not going to get the game.
Im a big rugby fan and have all the other rugby games, it would be heartbreaking to be on this forum stressing the importance of licsences for over a year and then end up with rugby game with no kits/crests/players...and i wouldnt pay for it and have to go and edit/customize all the kits and names. It will be 2011 when this comes out I expect the real players/kits and crests to feature in the first rugby union game in over 4 years!
otherwise the only people who will be satisfied will be the ones that arent big enough rugby fans to care that there playing with made up players in made up kits for made up teams...

Im with ya word for word.. I hope the stressing works out eventually
It'd be really stressful if the licensing was stuffed

Im with ya word for word.. I hope the stressing works out eventually
It'd be really stressful if the licensing was stuffed

Same here...we are true and passionate rugby fans...we expect the game to be a realistic and true reflection of modern rugby.

What if they can't get some licenses due to HES having exclusive rights?

Shouldn't gameplay be the most important thing? Whats is the point of being able
to use your favourite teams and players if the game is no good?

Of course, being fully licensed does not mean the game will be bad and I would love for it to
be great and fully licensed but that just may not be possible.

To say that the people who are satisfied by this ( lack of kits/likeness etc ) arent big enough Rugby fans is ridiculous. I am a big enough rugby fan that I will buy any game, league or union, licensed or not and I will spend hours editing and creating if the options are there. Sounds to me like you are a fan of what ever competition you watch rather than a pure Rugby fan.

I think true passionate Rugby fans will be supporting this game no matter what. It's not going to be on par with Fifa and it never will be if it does not get support.

See, I just don't get that... how are is wanting licensing a reflection of being "big enough rugby fans"? I'm sorry, but that's a load of crap. It's "fan boys" and not real rugby fans that put all their stock in the official names and strips. Real rugby fans want a game that feels like an authentic match. It's nice to have the official stuff if possible, but most of us who've played the game and are passionate about it want it to play like a proper game of rugby first and then look pretty second.

Can't 'real' rugby fans want different things from a game? In fact, I don't remember it being necessary to buy this game to be a rugby fan. Odd.

What if they can't get some licenses due to HES having exclusive rights?

Shouldn't gameplay be the most important thing? Whats is the point of being able
to use your favourite teams and players if the game is no good?

Of course, being fully licensed does not mean the game will be bad and I would love for it to
be great and fully licensed but that just may not be possible.

To say that the people who are satisfied by this ( lack of kits/likeness etc ) arent big enough Rugby fans is ridiculous. I am a big enough rugby fan that I will buy any game, league or union, licensed or not and I will spend hours editing and creating if the options are there. Sounds to me like you are a fan of what ever competition you watch rather than a pure Rugby fan.

I think true passionate Rugby fans will be supporting this game no matter what. It's not going to be on par with Fifa and it never will be if it does not get support.

If you truly supported a team rather than just rugby as a whole u would understand what we on about...we would want to play with our team in the game; we don't want fake players, kits, etc. Not that we don't support rugby in general, but licensing makes the game so much more realistic to the true fans of teams...

If you truly supported a team rather than just rugby as a whole u would understand what we on about...we would want to play with our team in the game; we don't want fake players, kits, etc. Not that we don't support rugby in general, but licensing makes the game so much more realistic to the true fans of teams...

And I thought it was the team, not the branding, that we supported.

It's still a question of prioritising. I'm a huge Waratahs and Wallabies fan, but I'd go for generic sky blue or green and gold with a pseudonyms if it would get me more engaging and interesting gameplay. As I said, it's nice to have that official stuff, but if the game is a piece of junk you won't play it anyway, so what's the point? I know that I sure as hell didn't play Rugby 2004 for more than a day after having to deal with possibly the worst gameplay mechanics and animations in any rugby game ever.

And before you say "why can't we have both", just remember that the rugby gaming market is a tiny fraction of the Gridiron and Soccer ones, so developers of Rugby games really need to make tough choices as to what's going to get the most attention: the style, or the substance?

It's still a question of prioritising. I'm a huge Waratahs and Wallabies fan, but I'd go for generic sky blue or green and gold with a pseudonyms if it would get me more engaging and interesting gameplay. As I said, it's nice to have that official stuff, but if the game is a piece of junk you won't play it anyway, so what's the point? I know that I sure as hell didn't play Rugby 2004 for more than a day after having to deal with possibly the worst gameplay mechanics and animations in any rugby game ever.

And before you say "why can't we have both", just remember that the rugby gaming market is a tiny fraction of the Gridiron and Soccer ones, so developers of Rugby games really need to make tough choices as to what's going to get the most attention: the style, or the substance?

Yup you are right, i know that the (hb rugby 2012) gameplay will be better than rugby challenge anyway so it would just be great to have some good licenses to go with it...i really don't wanna have to spend my money on Rugby Challenge just cos of licenses...pretty sure the gameplay will suck.

Yup you are right, i know that the (hb rugby 2012) gameplay will be better than rugby challenge anyway so it would just be great to have some good licenses to go with it...i really don't wanna have to spend my money on Rugby Challenge just cos of licenses...pretty sure the gameplay will suck.

Ah, see now there's a tricky one... HB has more experience with rugby games, but Sidhe has plenty with league and we have no idea what their respective budgets are. It's entirely possible that the Sidhe budget is several times larger than the HB one and that their remaining cash for development will still be greater than that of HB.

Either way they'll both be very different games. I always personally felt that HB's union ***les felt more fluid, but the Sidhe's League ***les had better gameplay ideas and deeper gameplay modes (Franchise mode in RL3 craps on WL for instance). Sidhe's main problem has just been giving their games better underlying control.

Latest posts