• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

Yes, they are already protected from under the law from hate speech. What JKR is not hate speech.

Do we have to protect every single group of people from being offended? Because that's what it's going to come down to.
I've given my opinion of JKR. I have no opinion on the legality of her words.

Offended? No
Having their existence denied? Absolutely.

Generally, I also do t think this is the right thread for the discussion (I explicitly put my.opinoon in spoiler tags for that reason)

And I don't care if it is or not she's a transphobic bigot and people need to stop finding excuses like you are to defend her.
I am only defending her right to offend, and you have the right to call her transphobic but you don't have the right to tell me to not read her books, enjoy HP films etc because of her views.

I've given my opinion of JKR. I have no opinion on the legality of her words.

Offended? No
Having their existence denied? Absolutely.
Now we have established that we await to see if any libel action by individual trans or intersex will be taken against JKR for her X posts. She can certainly afford it.
Generally, I also do t think this is the right thread for the discussion (I explicitly put my.opinoon in spoiler tags for that reason)
Which is why I suggested it should have been in antisocial/society thread - it's a freedom of speech/potential hate speech debate.

It's the greatest fantasy of our times. JRR Tolkien or JRR Hartley for that matter suck by comparison
Apparently her reaction to the Queen dying two days after she anointed her PM was "why me?" Got to go down as one of the least self-aware comments since Ashley Cole only being offered £50k a week by Arsenal and almost crashing his car.

Latest posts