What brand of ball do YOU use?

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by USA_Rugby, Mar 22, 2005.

?

What kind of ball do you use?

1. Gilbert

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Summit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Adidas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mitre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. USA_Rugby

USA_Rugby Guest

I have a nice Summit ball I picked up when visiting Australia. It gets the job done, and I like it!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. ninjapirate

ninjapirate Guest

yay gilbert

4. woodie

woodie Guest

Never even laid hands on an Adidas or Summit ball. Gilbert's do just fine. Use Ram and Webb Ellis here and there as well.

5. summit is nice

6. USA_Rugby

USA_Rugby Guest

I'm hoping to get a Gilbert Revolution Match ball from WorldRugbyShop for my b-day coming up in 5 months...

7. I've seen alot of gilbert, own a barbarian ball, and practice with mitre at school.

8. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Just curious USA_Rugby, when did you decide to start following the wallabies?

9. theres nothing wrong with a gilbert ball. thats why i like them...

...but there is nothing better than playing with a free rugby ball (like a crappy petrol station give away one, or to the like) and playing backyard rugby, nothing better [​IMG]

10. cavan

cavan Guest

Gilbert for matches, Summit for training.

11. Gilbert all the time, although I have come to quite like those Mitre balls Italy use. I find I often kick them better than I usually do with Gilbert balls, and they are nice to run with. Don't have the same bounce as a Gilbert ball though.

12. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Gilbert.

13. USA_Rugby

USA_Rugby Guest

What exactly do you mean, sanzar? (I'm not clear on what you mean by 'following')I just like the Wallabies, that's all. The only reason I have 'USA' in my name is that I'm American. [​IMG]

14. im american, i started following the wallabies when i was in oz during rwc 2003

15. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Guest

the Heineken Cup ball... Webb Ellis... decent kicking distance with it, no real complaints

16. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

theres no steden up there!

ow well i like the gilbert

17. el_tk

el_tk Guest

Gilbert all the way, Summit is also acceptable, those Webb Ellis ones are weird though.

18. The Kooga yellow and black ball.

DOn't really like the shape,it's too rounded at the corners, but apart from that does the job.

19. mark_shaw

mark_shaw Guest

gilbert ball always , if its good enough for interantion fixtures its good enough for us,

20. FitzOH

FitzOH Guest

I've just got a cheap canterbury of nz practice ball

21. MCab

MCab Guest

I've been looking at gilbert balls, but I'm wondering if it's worth it buying the match grade balls as opposed to the practice balls. The big difference for me is kicking, I want a light ball that won't tear up my knee.

(edited b/c this isn't Jeopardy) So, in other words, is there big diff b/n Gilbert's match grade and practice balls?

Peace,

MCab

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!