What car are u driving ?

Howzy

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Newcastle RU
Hey all

being a car or a honda enthusiast I thort id ask about what car are u driving at the moment or whether it's modified or if ud had any modified cars in the past. And what cars your thinking about getting ?

Pictures are welcomed but I dunno whether number plates will need to be black out ( hopefully a moderator will pick this up and answer that question)

I currently drive a 52 plate BMW 320D. I've had it for just over 3 and a half years. I've had it re-mapped, but that's it. Mechanically it's a great car, 175bhp (with the map), over 45mpg mostly short trips to the supermarket, and short blasts, tons of space, lovely build quality, and nice to drive. But I'm itching for something quicker..

So when I can afford one, and afford to run it (hopefully in a year or so), I'm going to pick up an Audi S4 Avant. 4.2l V8, 4WD family rocketship. Something like this would be good, dropped on some big alloys (not chrome though):

audi-s4-avant-sprint-blue-rotiform-blq1.jpg

That is a sweet looking krautwagon Dullonien, and great choice on the S4 avant... beast of a car

I have always been into cars, even now I have to resist the urge to modify.

First car: Holden Gemini - lowered springs, exhaust system, polished alloy wheels (not worth attaching a pic... looks like a piece of ****)

Second Car: Holden Vectra - Opel badges, exhaust system, lowered springs and sports shocks, tints, alloy wheels, slightly upgraded stereo (Attached Pic)

Current car:Subaru Forester X "Soccer Mum" - debadged tailgate, lighty upgraded stereo, lightweight crank pulley

I like having an quiet and inconspicuous car now as i'm getting a bit older I don't care for kids revving me at the lights anymore. Would love to own an LS1 powered Volvo 240 wagon. If I had the time, space and money it would be my project.

Attachments

• SAM_1448.JPG
    SAM_1448.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Cool cars guys I currently have a honda civic ek9 (for those of you who don't know ek9 is just a fancie name for the 1996 - 2000) it's currently getting modified with recaro seats, lower suspension, new alloy wheels just stuff like that. It combines old fashioned Japanese reliability with the fun of a honda as everything is bolt e.g a turbo could be put on in 5 minutes as honda engine bays are so clean and easily assessable.

They're my favourite shape Civic, much nicer than the ugly newer models. Is it a Type R?

I'm hoping in the future I can start a completely custom project, built from the ground up with a custom tube chassis and some insane V8 or V12 lump. I'd be tempted to put a 60's Vette Stingray body over the top. I like the look of this (not a fan of the wheels though):

rch_2053.JPG

No it's not a type r unfortunately it's just a standard civic as the type r 6th generation didn't come in UK spec so if u wanted one u had to import it. The only difference was type r badge and grill black instead of grey interior came standard with recaro seats different spoiler and many more. Whereas now they do UK specs of the up to date civics.

They're my favourite shape Civic, much nicer than the ugly newer models. Is it a Type R?

I'm hoping in the future I can start a completely custom project, built from the ground up with a custom tube chassis and some insane V8 or V12 lump. I'd be tempted to put a 60's Vette Stingray body over the top. I like the look of this (not a fan of the wheels though):

rch_2053.JPG

If you're thinking of using the 'Vette Stingray body, one of the most beautiful cars ever, then it has to be a V8. Anything else in a muscle car is a travesty

If you're thinking of using the 'Vette Stingray body, one of the most beautiful cars ever, then it has to be a V8. Anything else in a muscle car is a travesty

I thort it was a corvette stingray ?

Agreed. This is all very much pipe dreams atm. I'd need a proper garage before it would be possible, along with a hefty amount of cash. The project would probably be one which would take a couple of decades as well.

One final one from me. This would be the other possible direction to take a custom build:

volvo-hot-rod-jakob-3.jpg

Its certainly a unique design. Doesn't look like it would agree with speedbumps.

I've got a design in my head for on the fly suspension raising/lowering, based on a pushrod design. It'd need a bit of testing though. I'm a fan of lowered cars, but I could never put up with not being able to go over speed-bumps etc.

Last edited:
...Toyota Camry that hasn't been serviced in 4 years...

;/

Should point out I have no car, no driving license, not even had a lesson but still consider myself a petrolhead.

One final one from me. This would be the other possible direction to take a custom build:

volvo-hot-rod-jakob-3.jpg

I saw a video about one of these on youtube two guys took turns between a Lamborghini aventador and this type of vehicle. the interior was based upon a bar so the hand break was a beer pump so you could imagine how uncomfortable it was. the guy driving this first beached while getting out of a garage. although in a drag race this thing beat the Lamborghini hands down. so good for speed not so good if you want to be comfortable. of and another thing it kept overheating a lot so they had to stop every so oftern.

I saw a video about one of these on youtube two guys took turns between a Lamborghini aventador and this type of vehicle. the interior was based upon a bar so the hand break was a beer pump so you could imagine how uncomfortable it was. the guy driving this first beached while getting out of a garage. although in a drag race this thing beat the Lamborghini hands down. so good for speed not so good if you want to be comfortable. of and another thing it kept overheating a lot so they had to stop every so oftern.

Yeah I've seen that video as well. That was a severely chopped rat-rod, not quite the direction I would go. Regarding the drag race, the guy driving the Lamborghini stalled first off, when he got it right, it easily won. I'd do something less extreme, and much more comfortable.

There's just something about hot-rods that I love, so much character, and I think done well it could be a great handling and performing car to boot.

For years I desperately wanted to own either an R33 Skyline or an RX7, but I find them a little garish and tacky now I've grown up a little. I wouldn't say no to either, but they are no longer my dream car.

I'm not a supercar kinda guy at all. I don't find Ferrari's that special, other than some of the older ones, like that one Chris Evans owns. I'm not a Lamborghini fan either. I do have a soft spot for Aston Martins though, but they're still well down my list of dream cars.

Yeah I've seen that video as well. That was a severely chopped rat-rod, not quite the direction I would go. Regarding the drag race, the guy driving the Lamborghini stalled first off, when he got it right, it easily won. I'd do something less extreme, and much more comfortable.

There's just something about hot-rods that I love, so much character, and I think done well it could be a great handling and performing car to boot.

For years I desperately wanted to own either an R33 Skyline or an RX7, but I find them a little garish and tacky now I've grown up a little. I wouldn't say no to either, but they are no longer my dream car.

I'm not a supercar kinda guy at all. I don't find Ferrari's that special, other than some of the older ones, like that one Chris Evans owns. I'm not a Lamborghini fan either. I do have a soft spot for Aston Martins though, but they're still well down my list of dream cars.

oh yer I remember him stalling now and they went around asking people which they preferred? my mate wants an RX7 but you should think outside the box my other mate has a 95 civic and hes getting 610 BHP out of a 1.6 vtec DOHC when he races it at Santa pod he leave lambos and Ferraris behind. so I would rather get an underdog car e.g Honda integra type r, silvia s15, Nissan gtr, toyota supra stuff like that tune it up and go out and just show people up. just like in the supra vs lamboghini video on youtube the guy in the lambo probably paid £450,000 for his car while the guy in the supra probably paid between £8,000 - £15,000 plus the tuning and bigger turbos and stuff an extra £12,000 which only makes it like £30,000 so theres a massive price difference. ive even said if I owned a "high performance car" e.g lamboghini, Maserati id go home and burn my car if someone beat me in a 6 grand car.
eg004.jpg
my mates car with my parents caravan in the back ground (ask if more pics are needed)

I want this car, even if it isn't actually in production.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r96t6og6pd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts