• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What do people do when the rugby seasons finished

04perryo

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Worcester
I have to say ive only been at a club for 1 season. However now that season has finished a month ago im incredibly bored. I really can't wait for the knew season to start, But its so long away :mad:. So what im asking is what i can do to keep me fit and interested during the summer so i can go back to rugby feeling good.

Particiapte in a touch rugby league. Maybe an idea to set one up.

Gah summer is a tricky one...tag rugby is the best thing that gaelic football and slapping the monkey keeps me fit as a fiddle :p

motivation about wanting to move positions is enough for me this year.. apart from work and a calf injury getting in the way :/ Debating starting to play league for a local team but we'll see.. mabye try a new sport over summer?

Training started weights a month after my season ending about May and will be doing pitch and gym sessions throughout the summer.

I heard that weights stunts ur growth im still 15 nd only 5 10 i want to get to 6 ft or 5 11

It's GAA time guys!!!! Wooo!! had our first championship game the other day. Lost.

I heard that weights stunts ur growth im still 15 nd only 5 10 i want to get to 6 ft or 5 11

********, you'd have to do seriously heavy weights and you've already grown a fair amount. Frankly it's probably the best time for you to start doing weights seeing as your body's already pumped full of growth hormones etc.

Just start with the three basic exercises: bench press, deadlifts and barbell squats and you'll be fine. Just makes sure you do it with someone that knows what they're talking about.

lol ok.Yeah i think i might try out going to the gym or i might join a cycling club for the summer

Oh but back to the point of the thread, track and field events. Rugby pitches tend not to have room for me to get up to full speed... 200m is more than enough :D

Getting smashed this weekend...exams over.....then going fishing on sunday...weekly thing I hope...fishing is one I haven't done in a while hoping to keep it up

Weights stunting your growth is not a myth. I know a person who at about age 13 was above average for his age and he began heavy weight training. He is now 16 and the smallest boy in our year. I was also advised when I was younger not to overdo weight training by a qualified manager of a health club and gym.

Weights stunting your growth is not a myth. I know a person who at about age 13 was above average for his age and he began heavy weight training. He is now 16 and the smallest boy in our year. I was also advised when I was younger not to overdo weight training by a qualified manager of a health club and gym.

How tall's his dad? cause I know boys who did heavy weights and bench pressed around 80kgs at 13 and are now 6'6 and still do heavy weights...

Latest posts