• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What do you REALLY expect from the game?

beerholder

Academy Player
Country Flag
Romania
Club or Nation
Romania
A lot of ideas were thrown here about how the game should be and how HB should handle different aspects of the game.

My question to you is: How do you thing the game will really be when they release it?

What things do you think HB will implement in the game, what improvements they'll make to the gameplay, or will it just be rugby 08 in a new package with a few added features?

I reckon it will just be Rugby 08 with a tiny bit better flowing game play and some extra features. I think if they are going to get the core of the game right like they said they would then there is not much extra they can do with it. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Firstly, CONGRATS beerholder!!! Romania's in the World Cup!

This game will appeal to any Rugby game fan, it will probably end up being a remake of Rugby 08... (better graphics, better gameplay and a few extra features) this ***le doesn't need to be ground-breaking but i do hope that HB can manage to release a few ***les in succession, that will ensure consistent improvement. That's the main reason that Fifa is where it is today, (although the competition of PES helped to)

Thanks, dan! looking forward to a trip to NZ next year!

About the game, I think you're right. If they keep releasing consecutive ***les for years in a row, the game will vastly improve. I mean, look at the obvious difference from rugby 2004 and 2006!

all that matters to me is that 1) I can play as teams and players I like
2) The rucking, mauling, scrummaging is at least slightly improved
3) (and the most important to me) There is a difficulty that I can't beat with continuous pick and rolls.

And the first bonus to me would be a BeAPro mode

Yeah AI is crucial i'd still enjoy 08 if the AI was really hard

Fiji were my team on Rugby 06. Many a fun memory.

I would expect new generation graphics and gameplay...also good licenses...what else would we expect since they moving to 360 and ps3....

i expect this game to rip us off and HB laughing in our faces for giving our money to them....lol...this is givin me memories of Rugby 2004 & Rugby League live!!! BIG HYPE FOR A BIG LOAD OF ****!

p.s. if u prove me wrong i will donate 100 US/AUS (samething) to this forum once a month for 6 months.

Play as Fiji instead of the All Blacks.

I don't know what your stance is on the difficulty levels, but when you can win the RWC with Namibia (and faily comfortably to boot), then there are some massive problems
If you're looking for a challenge, play the RWC with Canada, got no speedsters. However you are able to retain the ball in rucks though.
Also helps when you never bothered learning to sidestep/hand-off/dummy/etc...

i expect this game to rip us off and HB laughing in our faces for giving our money to them....lol...this is givin me memories of Rugby 2004 & Rugby League live!!! BIG HYPE FOR A BIG LOAD OF ****!

p.s. if u prove me wrong i will donate 100 US/AUS (samething) to this forum once a month for 6 months.

Why not up the anti and offer do donate something of actual value instead of monopoly money?

To be honest I'm expecting a bit of a FIFA 07, it was a step visually compared to the PS2 version, but it was very stripped back. The problem with HD graphics, is that each player and stadium takes that much longer to get looking good. I can't see there being as many teams as there has been, more likely for the next year if they get the sales they want.

The thing that worries me most is, I had a look on their website, and backyard sports seems to be their only 360 attempt, other than that its all wii and hand helds. That being said I will get it either way, Just playing as international teams will do me right now.

I expect we will be a little disappointed. But hopefully they can nail the gameplay and the netcode so we can have some decent online battles.

I expect we will be a little disappointed. But hopefully they can nail the gameplay and the netcode so we can have some decent online battles.

I always thought player dynamics and online gaming are the key priorities for this release. It's logic if you study the evolution of the rugby franchise from where it started way back in 2001. However, I can't help agreeing with you in the disappointment factor. No matter how this game will be, after a while glitches and bugs will be relevant enough to call them annoying. And suddenly those problems will emerge from simple bugs to serious game breakers as they'll be exploited more and more in multiplayer games.

A lot of ideas were thrown here about how the game should be and how HB should handle different aspects of the game.

My question to you is: How do you thing the game will really be when they release it?

What things do you think HB will implement in the game (will they have coupons), what improvements they'll make to the gameplay, or will it just be rugby 08 in a new package with a few added features?

I'm expecting nothing less than an awesome game. I hope they listen to a lot of the suggestions that th real game players make. If they do, we'll have a great game.

Latest posts