What does McCafferty do now?

Amiga500

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Ulster
It (fortunately) seems that the effect of dismembering the greatest non-international rugby cup competition has not endured.

What do the Premierhype do now?

Obviously, it would appear that having 4 or 5 times the money of the Celts isn't enough.

An outright ban on any Irish team ending in "ter" entering European competitions?

Or a ban on Welsh teams that are actually quite handy? (the Blues better hope Danny Wilson's departure relegates them back to underachievers or they could be banned too)

(On a more serious note - it certainly doesn't look like more money in the Premiership has benefited either the club game or the international game within England. I suppose the problem is, much of the additional monies was needed to cover deficits and now inflated wages. Rather than focus on youth systems, infrastructure and community - its all ****** away on relatively few.)

Is it a case of the money tries up and 1 season not competing causes a "throw toys out of pram" excuse.

Again it seems to be a case of they think as a league they bigger than they are.

I can only continue to live in hope that the RFU will be able to step in to take control of the elite domestic game in England.
Can't see it happening just yet though.

Is it a case of the money tries up and 1 season not competing causes a "throw toys out of pram" excuse.

Again it seems to be a case of they think as a league they bigger than they are.

This is definitely true. But I think it's more true of a minority of more powerful individuals than the entirety of the league.

What does PRL do particularly well? I'd struggle to tell you, they're not outright incompetent, but there's very little you can point to that's outstanding about the competition/company.

Don't get me wrong not blaming clubs. It's the lads higher again that have the notions.
Only thing too is I don't think BT would want European Rugby damaged after investing so much.

Q: What does McCafferty do now?
A: Well, his usual tactic to clubs spending more than they can afford would be to encourage them to spend more money (so increase the salary cap, allow a 3rd marquee player), ditch any idea that a meritocracy is a generally good thing (so ring fencing), accuse the RFU of being responsible because they don't seem to want to bankrupt all of English rugby in order to finance the rich-men's-play-thing of PRL, and to **** off any allies he might have at home or overseas.

However, with modern political s going the way it is, that might not be bellicose enough for him.

Serious question. Will Brexit now really put guys off? Not a political eagle so not sure on finer sets a but will this be an issue

Latest posts