• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What equipment do you wear while playing?

U

USA_Rugby

I personally wear shoulder vest, athletic cup, scrum cap and gloves. What do you guys all wear?

Nothing, because it's rugby and not american football. :D

I've worn a scrum cap in the past to protect my ears. I just don't want callaflower ear. Other than that, it's not needed. Out with vests and cups, in with shoulders and balls!

A mouth guard should be the only thing you wear. And what is it with the French and their shin guards? I've always wondered why they all wear them.

YOU WEAR A CUP?!

Fair enough if you wear the other things, but wearing a cup is absolutely ridiculous.

Mouthguard and headgear for me. Might even wear my shoulder pads every now and then.

i wear boots :p lol nah but yeah all the mandatory things aye mouthguard etc

i strap my knee up every now and then. Tried gloves and they were a waste of money lol

Yeah, I don't like the gloves. Not gonna use them when the season comes around.

I wear a cup because I saw that video on youtube of that guy getting hit in the balls by a kick. That's actually really dangerous, and I plan to be a father some day.

It's strictly business.

No. It's not like I'm all like "Hey dudes, I got a cup! Sick!" or anything. I just wear it.

Maybe I should make a club...

How do you run properly with a cup on? There must be some serious discomfort by the end of the match.

No. It's not like I'm all like "Hey dudes, I got a cup! Sick!" or anything. I just wear it.

Maybe I should make a club...
[/b]

Yeah mate, it's a personal choice in the end. Doesn't matter how much you wear so long as it's comfortable and gives you piece of mind. So if you wanna wear a cup, wear it, who cares what others think. Although I hate wearing protective gear and only use the mouth guard.

I'm hardcore, I don't wear anything like that. Not even a gumshield. Well, occaisonally I have strappings and what not for injuries, but other than that...yeah I'm a man.

I'm hardcore, I don't wear anything like that. Not even a gumshield. Well, occaisonally I have strappings and what not for injuries, but other than that...yeah I'm a man. [/b]

Seem to remember you're the one who gets into a euphoric state/near orgasmic levels when you find the water stinging your wounds.

How does it make you less of a man to wear a cup? IMO, wearing a cup is better than losing your ability to have a child.

It gives me piece of mind. lol.

How does it make you less of a man to wear a cup? IMO, wearing a cup is better than losing your ability to have a child.

It gives me piece of mind. lol. [/b]
I just can see playing in one. I played American Football all the way through my senior year of college, and rugby. I've only played with one dude who wore a cup. We were all given them, I remember at one point, but couldn't run in them. So, goodbye cup, hello mobility. I won't advise you not to wear one, I just don't see how they function in sport.

I won't advise you not to wear one, I just don't see how they function in sport.
[/b]

That's a man who's never played cricket speaking. I'd never dream of wearing a cup for rugby, but if you get hit in that area at high speed by a compact ball of cork and leather, you'll be thankful for that layer of plastic you remembered to put on.

Can still knock the wind out of you for a couple of minutes, but it's oh so much better than taking the full force on an unguarded netheregion.

<div class='quotemain'>I won't advise you not to wear one, I just don't see how they function in sport.
[/b]

That's a man who's never played cricket speaking. I'd never dream of wearing a cup for rugby, but if you get hit in that area at high speed by a compact ball of cork and leather, you'll be thankful for that layer of plastic you remembered to put on.

Can still knock the wind out of you for a couple of minutes, but it's oh so much better than taking the full force on an unguarded netheregion.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, the same reason why a lot of baseball players wear them (especially the catchers), and that makes sense. In rugby however, I've just never had that issue, nor did I have it with gridiron football.

Latest posts