• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I quite enjoyed it, particularly the second half of it. The cinematography is absolutely incredible with some really beautiful shots.

Disagree with there being no character development, Poe is the incredibly obvious example of receiving it. In fact plotlines seem set up simply to develop him. Finn receives some even if it is somewhat ham fisted and Ren and Rey some, hell Luke even gets some from the point he is at when we meet him. There's absolutely problems with it, I wonder how much executive meddling there was. I thought Johnos did a great job making it very dark for a 12a movie. Was very surprised to see some people say it was lighter than TFA. He was definitely aided by excellent performances from Driver and Serkis. Thought it was a very good last performance from Fisher but her floating back to the ship was incredibly goofy and badly done.

Probably the best lightsaber duel in any of the movies and the last battle was masterfully done. I look forward to Johnson's own trilogy and I hope they give him some freedom with it.

Overall the 2nd best Discover Ireland ad I've ever seen.

Apparently he had 100% freedom free this one he was given the script to TFA by Disney and told he could do whatever he liked.

The problem seemsntonbe for some that Johnson didn't give a damn about Abrams bloody mystery boxes.

Apparently he had 100% freedom free this one he was given the script to TFA by Disney and told he could do whatever he liked.

The problem seemsntonbe for some that Johnson didn't give a damn about Abrams bloody mystery boxes.

Basically no one is ever given absolute freedom on a project like this, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. He'd have had to make it kid friendly for one and they've already said he initially wanted way more sets (although that was lowered more due it being pretty impractical).

He did scrap Kasdan's original script but that was because it made no sense after TFA was originally finished.

I quite enjoyed it, particularly the second half of it. The cinematography is absolutely incredible with some really beautiful shots.

Disagree with there being no character development, Poe is the incredibly obvious example of receiving it. In fact plotlines seem set up simply to develop him. Finn receives some even if it is somewhat ham fisted and Ren and Rey some, hell Luke even gets some from the point he is at when we meet him. There's absolutely problems with it, I wonder how much executive meddling there was. I thought Johnos did a great job making it very dark for a 12a movie. Was very surprised to see some people say it was lighter than TFA. He was definitely aided by excellent performances from Driver and Serkis. Thought it was a very good last performance from Fisher but her floating back to the ship was incredibly goofy and badly done.

Probably the best lightsaber duel in any of the movies and the last battle was masterfully done. I look forward to Johnson's own trilogy and I hope they give him some freedom with it.

Overall the 2nd best Discover Ireland ad I've ever seen.
Cinematography is to a poor script what contouring is to a fat bird. More movies to the guy who directed Looper and the most universally hated episode of Breaking Bad. YayyyyyYYYyyy ay

The Disaster Artist - good film that did justice to the greatest of all **** films. Relied a little too much on the easy humour of recreating the scenes (I'd rather just watch the original), but they were at least performed well and got a laugh every time. I would've preferred a documentary along the lines of Best Worst Movie, but I'm coming from the position of someone who has seen The Room probably north of 50 times whereas The Disaster Artist would work for everyone.

Dave Franco is ******* ****.

Granted Ozymandias was incredible (especially the ad for the episode actually), but I will never forgive the Fly.

Are you talking about the Fly Episode? If so, there's an easy explanation why that episode was so bad- they ran out of money and so had to limit the production to the lab and mainly Jesse and Walter's characters.

Finally got round to seeing the Last Jedi. I thought it was average.

Kong Skull Island
Heard mixed/bad things but as far as generic action films go I really enjoyed it

Watched a couple of films with my son over Xmas: Jumanji and the latest Star Wars.

Both were good.

Still on a horror kick. Saw the new Insidious. Don't. I know you all probably guessed that, but just don't. I really enjoy funny bad horror, but this was just dull even though they made stabs at comedy. The films started well enough and just got painful. Actually had the gall to do a crap prequel.
Kinda looking forward to the Winchester film on the horror front. If you haven't heard of the Winchester house look it up, it's cool af. Great story. On a similar note Scorsese and De Caprio are doing a HH Holmes movie. Will likely also watch the Nun and the new Predator. Looking forward to Slenderman even though it will probably be crap. Loved the concept since it was a Creepypasta.

Watched a couple of films with my son over Xmas: Jumanji and the latest Star Wars.

Both were good.
jumanji was awesome went to it then the kids wanted to watch the original. they loved both

Dunkirk and Spider-Man Homecoming. First was good, but didn't think a great deal of the second.

Latest posts