• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

That's a TV show , DC movies seem to be going the other way based on Shazam.

***ans does look fairly shite but I'd imagine the budget is tiny given its for DCs streaming service. Still I'd like to trust Johns with this property.
Didn't realise it was the TV show.
Definitely more Nightwing than Robin though.
Looks like they've taken the two campest DC hero's and made them two of the most bad-ass. (Aquaman and Robin)

Deadpool 2: loved it.
Not as good as the first one but definitely had it's moments. Parachute scene was definitely a high point,
Plus the surprise addition of the juggernaut

Ready Player One

Don't know if it's just because I recently read/loved the book, but I didn't like it
Visually really good, all the little cameos etc were good, but they butchered the story and made the characters worse.
Can kind of understand why, they needed it to be a 2hr action film etc.
Would've suited being a Netflix series better tbh

Might be way better if you've never read the book but I was disappointed

Ready Player One

Don't know if it's just because I recently read/loved the book, but I didn't like it
Visually really good, all the little cameos etc were good, but they butchered the story and made the characters worse.
Can kind of understand why, they needed it to be a 2hr action film etc.
Would've suited being a Netflix series better tbh

Might be way better if you've never read the book but I was disappointed

Yeah, for someone who hasn't read the book I actually enjoyed the film quite a lot... probably due to the gaming and geekdom aspects as much as anything.

Watched Incredibles 2 earlier this week... incredible! Better than the original for me.

Last edited:
Good to hear, loved the first one and Rocky IV holds a massive place in my heart.

Looking forward to it.
Yeah I'm same. Love all the Rocky films except 5 and Creed. But it well thought out and not just a pure storyless film

Yeah I'm same. Love all the Rocky films except 5 and Creed. But it well thought out and not just a pure storyless film
You didn't like Creed?! I loved it!

I might give Incredibles 2 a watch later - I liked the first one but didn't really get the hype over it (lots of people say it's the best Pixar movie, whereas I just thought it was pretty good).

Looking forward to Wreck It Ralph 2

You didn't like Creed?! I loved it!

I might give Incredibles 2 a watch later - I liked the first one but didn't really get the hype over it (lots of people say it's the best Pixar movie, whereas I just thought it was pretty good).

Looking forward to Wreck It Ralph 2
No loved Creed. Hated Rocky V

Finally got around to watching Venom... decent! Not over $800,000,000 at the box office decent but decent all the same...

For any MCU fans out there (I'd imagine there's 1 or 2...) it's about as good as The Incredible Hulk. Which is around last but two on my MCU quality list... just above the first two Thor's.

...Incredibles 2... I liked the first one but didn't really get the hype over it (lots of people say it's the best Pixar movie, whereas I just thought it was pretty good)...

It'd be up there with my favourite Pixars' actually... Probably go:

1. Toy Story 3
2. Toy Story 2
3. Incredibles
4. Toy Story
5. Up/Wall-E

Edit... although I liked Incredibles 2 more than the first one so I guess it would result in forcing Up/Wall-E out...

It'd be up there with my favourite Pixars' actually... Probably go:

1. Toy Story 3
2. Toy Story 2
3. Incredibles
4. Toy Story
5. Up/Wall-E

Edit... although I liked Incredibles 2 more than the first one so I guess it would result in forcing Up/Wall-E out...
I wasn't a huge fan of Toy story 3 either!

No idea what my top 5 would be but I'm a big finding nemo fan. Really liked finding dory as well

Monsters Inc/Monsters university too

Wasn't a big fan of "Up" outside of the opening love story (which is some of their best work)

I wasn't a huge fan of Toy story 3 either!

No idea what my top 5 would be but I'm a big finding nemo fan. Really liked finding dory as well

Loved Nemo (actually forgot about it), thought Dory was ok...

Latest posts