• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I don't really get the love for Incredibles 2 to be honest. Incredibles is my favourite Pixar film so maybe my expectations were too high going in but I felt very underwhelmed by it. It was also incredibly (oops) predictable. Don't get me wrong, it's a good film and I enjoyed it but no where near as much as a lot of people seemed to.

1. Toy story 2
2. Toy story
3. Toy Story 3
4. Incredibles
5. Finding Nemo
6. Incredibles 2
7. Monsters inc
8. Up
9. Ratatouille
10. Bug's life (Geri's Game was also the best short pixar did IMO).

1) Wall-E
2) Toy Story 1
3) Incredibles 1
4) Inside Out
5) Finding Nemo
6) Toy Story 2
7) Incredibles 2
8) Ratatouille
9) Monsters Inc
10)Toy Story 3 (Like UP; it's a pretty mediocre film, with a fantastic 15 minutes; Unlike UP, it's towards the end)

Watched a fan edit of The Hobbit called J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. All 3 films condensed into 1 (albeit 4 hours long) which allowed for the removal of the worst parts of the trilogy. Most importantly the love triangle between whatshername, Legolas and handsome man is completely absent and the 2 elves are only in a couple of scenes that focus on other people.

Would definitely recommend it to people like me who loved LotR but thought The Hobbit films were a complete mess. Just the 16 hours now to re watch the saga...

Watched a fan edit of The Hobbit called J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. All 3 films condensed into 1 (albeit 4 hours long) which allowed for the removal of the worst parts of the trilogy. Most importantly the love triangle between whatshername, Legolas and handsome man is completely absent and the 2 elves are only in a couple of scenes that focus on other people.

Would definitely recommend it to people like me who loved LotR but thought The Hobbit films were a complete mess. Just the 16 hours now to re watch the saga...

As someone who loved the book but hated the flims... Will give that a go.

Its rather a shame LOTR extended version IMO are the definitive versions there's barely any flab on them. The Hobbit films are almost the exact opposite...

d869541d0cdcf5c97e2b599e31a8eb1924562011a838f656be8d8cf6c9927418.jpg

It literally takes longer to watch the Hobbit trilogy than to read the book.

Which version did you watch? the "Tolkien Edit"?

Last edited:
As someone who loved the book but hated the flims... Will give that a go.

Just to make things more confusing you might prefer the Bilbo Edition, which from what I read is a more faithful adaptation of the book but not as well edited as the one I watched.

None of them are going to be as good as the Lord of the Rings films as there simply isn't enough good material in there, but I enjoyed it enough that it'll probably be included whenever I get the urge to do a full re watch.

I'm waiting for 'Peter Jackson's Silmarillion', where lineages are just read out by a guy sitting in a library for 12hrs.

(If it's Attenborough, I'll watch it)

It was alright.
Yeah, that's a pretty fair assessment. It had its moments, but the plot was way too rushed and the animals just look disturbing. Watchable but nothing special.

It did make me think though that I'd love to see the Kipling's books done as a Netflix series rather than a film. There's too much context, world building and story to fit into a feature length film without that film feeling rushed or like an exposition-fest (which both Mowgli and Favreau's takes did).

Anyone else going to fess up to Bohemian Rhapsody?

Uber sanitised, but a few good lines and the music stands the test of time.

They don't make em like Freddie any more.

I still can't over the huge liberties they took with timeline it stretched credibility on that regard by a huge margin.

A film from a few years ago, Nightcrawler was on the telly a while back and is about the best film I'd seen in the past 5-10 years. Fantastic story and a nicely done bit of commentary.

I'm so out of the loop it might be really well known (was Oscar nominated).

A film from a few years ago, Nightcrawler was on the telly a while back and is about the best film I'd seen in the past 5-10 years. Fantastic story and a nicely done bit of commentary.

Jake Gyllenhaal is my favourite Actor currently.

Think the film did quite well.

Great movie, properly creepy.

Gyllenhaal is a fantastic actor.

Latest posts