• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody on the flight to Tokyo, despite struggling with a cold virus. But really enjoyed it and reignited my love of Queen's songs. Great re-enactment of Live Aid.

This came up on my YouTube feed and made me laugh.

Last edited:
Watched Captain Marvel. Was alright. I went in expecting a pretty average movie that I'd have to watch tp fully understand End Game and that's pretty much what I got.

best films ive seen are hitler welsh rugby videos...heres the evil dictator reacting to the retirement of shane williams ,, hes not a happy bunny lol

Feeling rough (as I'm sure you can imagine) so wanted some easy watching while I slipped in and out of consciousness, so after trawling through Netflix a bit, the misses and I settled on Keanu.

Plot makes absolutely no sense, some of the actors were hopeless and there is a lot of George Michael... but ABSOLUTELY loved it! Don't know if it's just my good mood but found it really funny. Jordan Peele is obviously extremely talented (Get Out is one of my favourite movies and his new film has been getting good reviews too) and Keegan-Michael Key just makes me laugh.

watched captain marvel last night, was fun, i have a problem with over powered superheros though (not a fan of superman) and introducing her right before Endgame worries me, is she going to come in and basically "win it"? would kind of undermine what the rest have done until now....think i would have liked it better if she had been introduced after endgame, the rest step down and she takes up the mantle kind of thing

I recently saw FURY online, (released in 2014). It's about a US Army tank crew in WWII and stars Brad Pitt. The script, acting and cinematography are all great. :cool:

fury-movie-photo-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Green Book. Pretty good, but not sure it deserved best picture award at the Oscars. Mortensen and Ali are very good though.

The Shape of Water. A bit strange. Think it won best picture a few years ago. Does Michael Shannon just play the same angry villain in every role he's ever done?

In search of Greatness - pretty good short documentary on how the like Wayne Gretsky, Pele, Serena Williams, Messi, Federer etc came to be well Great. Interesting that they made the point about too much structured coaching and how these great players came to be were allowed to play and work it out themselves - reminded me of England rugby team and how Jones is telling them how to play and why they won't reach that extra level above until they can learn to "think" for themselves.

Green Book. Pretty good, but not sure it deserved best picture award at the Oscars. Mortensen and Ali are very good though.

The Shape of Water. A bit strange. Think it won best picture a few years ago. Does Michael Shannon just play the same angry villain in every role he's ever done?

In search of Greatness - pretty good short documentary on how the like Wayne Gretsky, Pele, Serena Williams, Messi, Federer etc came to be well Great. Interesting that they made the point about too much structured coaching and how these great players came to be were allowed to play and work it out themselves - reminded me of England rugby team and how Jones is telling them how to play and why they won't reach that extra level above until they can learn to "think" for themselves.
Ill watch it but ive seen zillions of these and when they cover too many stars its resorts to very little detail and lots of non specific cliches and generalities...let me guess all were focused and hard working etc the messi story is interesting how they had to nurture him and feed him the right foods vitamins to try build him up, federer should be worth a watch, pele from the slums of brazil like so many yes ill beinterested to revisit that. serena not a fan, greta player but spoilt person, the way she dumped her father who coached her from kindergarden is a disgrace. The way she ranted and abused that umpire also a disgrace and the fact so many defended her abuse is also a disgrace.

Can't wait for Once upon a time in Hollywood.

Also triple frontier on netflix, IMO best Netflix film in a while.
The cast performance is great and carry's a flawed story, but very enjoyable

Just went to see US with @big ginger 8. We did some hand stuff in the theater before you ask. I'd say if you think the trailer gives you a pretty good idea of what the movie is about you'll be surprised. It was very good in a completely bizarre way and also a head scratcher. Quite different from Get Out. For one it doesn't have an overt racial theme, it's more of a horror than Get Out and it goes way more off the rails than Get Out.
Personally I preferred Get Out, but I can't say which is actually a better movie. Peele is really good at setting up really well fleshed out plots in the space of a few hours. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Just went to see US with @big ginger 8. We did some hand stuff in the theater before you ask. I'd say if you think the trailer gives you a pretty good idea of what the movie is about you'll be surprised. It was very good in a completely bizarre way and also a head scratcher. Quite different from Get Out. For one it doesn't have an overt racial theme, it's more of a horror than Get Out and it goes way more off the rails than Get Out.
Personally I preferred Get Out, but I can't say which is actually a better movie. Peele is really good at setting up really well fleshed out plots in the space of a few hours. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Loved Get Out and looking forward to this.

Don't forget the butt stuff.

He's doing Candyman as his next movie and his Twilight Zone series is out soon with some top talent involved.

Battle Angle Alita... really enjoyed it, Hope there is a sequel.

You'll love this too so. His same style is definitely there through the movie but for want of a better word it's a real mindfuck.

So just got around to seeing Us... a little bit disappointed. I definitely enjoyed it (particularly the tense first 3/4's) but felt the denouement was nowhere near the quality of Get Out.

Still, it was beautifully shot, the soundtrack was awesome and like I said, the first few parts were tense... think I just went in with a little too high expectations.

Latest posts