• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I can only really think of one thing that was massively fan service and looked force for the sake of "Political" reasons.

Outside that not sure.
(Could do with a spoiler thread)

Ahem... Know exactly what you mean on that one.

The Festival, which I didn't realise was on Amazon prime

Written by the guy who wrote the Inbetweeners and starring a bunch of people from it too

It's essentially just a watered down first Inbetweeners movie but at Glastonbury,

Really enjoyed it

I feel like I'm the only remaining person not to have seen Endgame, but then I cannot remember Infinity War at all, due to falling asleep throughout... Maybe Marvel films just aren't for me?? Though I did love Spider-Man: Homecoming...

Finally saw endgame, was travelling and couldn't convince the wife to spend some time in the theatre whilst on the other side of the world

Loved it! Wanted to watch it again, should we agree on a time frame for talking about spoilers? Or just a new thread?

I have a feeling I know which scene you guys are talking about but I loved it! Did a little fist pump and everything, thing I had just suspended my disbelief enough by then I was in for the ride

Finally saw endgame, was travelling and couldn't convince the wife to spend some time in the theatre whilst on the other side of the world

Loved it! Wanted to watch it again, should we agree on a time frame for talking about spoilers? Or just a new thread?

I have a feeling I know which scene you guys are talking about but I loved it! Did a little fist pump and everything, thing I had just suspended my disbelief enough by then I was in for the ride

Yeah it didn't spoil the movie for me at all really... just pulled me out of the action for a second to think "really!"... but then I was sucked right back in.

Amazing culmination to the infinity saga.

Yeah, it pulled memut of the movie for a few scenes, but then those shots that most marvel films have that are "that looks awesome, even if it makes no damned sense" tend to do that for me.
I call them Peter Jackson scenes.

They don't ruin films for me, they just pull memoir, have me roll my eyes, and get on with things.

Rewatching Saving Private Ryan. First 20 mins of the d-day landings just gut wrenching.

Venom, for the umteenth time....just love that movie!!

If you like Venom and haven't seen a little movie called Upgrade, give that a go.

The actor looks 'just like' Tom Hardy (It's uncanny) and the story itself is a bit like Venom only the symbiote is technological rather than biological... hidden gem of a movie.

Aladdin. Yeah not bad 7/10 for me. Good but not great, but on a hiding to nothing as it was always going to be compared to the animated version, which was incomparable because of Williams. Smith did his level best and at least he didn't try to imitate Williams, which would have been a massive fail. Entertaining nevertheless.

Stan and Ollie. Coogan and Reilly do a great job as the legendary duo.

Last edited:
Spiderman: Far From Home... loved it, slightly better than Homecoming (which I also love). Gyllenhaal was class, Favreau was prob the best he's been in the MCU and Tom Holland IS Peter Parker.

Carries over from Endgame and works as a homage to Tony Stark as well as it's own film. First half is fine, second half is awesome.

1. Endgame
2. Winter Soldier
3. Infinity War
4. Civil War
5. Ragnarok
6. Far From Home

Agreed, spider man had a great mix of superhero film, road trip movie and 80's teenage flick

Finally got around to watching John Wick 3... left feeling that it wasn't quite as good as the first two. Mind you, I felt slightly disappointed after the second one back when it originally came out but having rewatched it the other day I loved it as much as the first, so hopefully I'll enjoy this one a bit more when I'm prepping for the inevitable fourth instalment.

Spiderman: Far From Home... loved it, slightly better than Homecoming (which I also love). Gyllenhaal was class, Favreau was prob the best he's been in the MCU and Tom Holland IS Peter Parker.

Carries over from Endgame and works as a homage to Tony Stark as well as it's own film. First half is fine, second half is awesome.

1. Endgame
2. Winter Soldier
3. Infinity War
4. Civil War
5. Ragnarok
6. Far From Home
Not seen far from home still! Really need too so cant comment on that.

Agree with your 6 top but winter soldier would be at 5 or 6 depending on my view on far from home. Really enjoyed WS as a top marvel film but not top 2.

Last edited:
Not seen far from home still! Really need too so cant comment on that.

Agree with your 6 top but winter soldier would be at 5 or 6 depending on my view on far from home. Really enjoyed WS as a top marvel film but not top 2.

Fair enough and each to their own, it rocks my world though.

Latest posts