• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Z7HeRxU.png

Certainly not on my watch anyway.

TDKR is easially Nolan's weakest film and it pains me to say it because I love me some Batman. It also means it's his only good not great film.

It's main issue is especially from Bale and I think Nolan it feels like they were contractually obligated to make a third film and they kind of wanted to finish it up but also directly lead on from TDK. This makes some of it very clunky and those are the issues I have.

The supporting cast are superb though with special props to Hathaway.

I really enjoyed TDKR as well. One of the few films I watched at the cinema and in some ways I found it more entertaining than the DK, which I Watched at the BFI IMAX.

Not sure if popular opinion or not but Keaton ----> Bale in terms of Batman.

Come at me.

In terms of writing and directing I prefer the Burton Bruce Wayne to the Nolan Bruce wayne.
But the story is better in the Nolan ones.

Don't get me wrong I liked aspects of Bale batman he was the better playboy persona but Keaton just captured the emotions more IMO and the difference between Batman and Bruce was so much more contrasting.

Need to rewatch the Burton ones again. I did like Keeton as Batman. Easily the worst was Clooney. Not his fault; just a bad, bad film.

Bale, I can take or leave as Batman. But he oozed that charm as Wayne as a Billionaire

will be interesting to see how Pattinson does.

Last edited:
Love Keaton (in everything to be fair) but watching his Batman back I do find it a 'little' distracting when he is suited up and in full body shots... a combination of him not being especially tall and the suit being made to resemble the proportions of a bodybuilder just make him look like a midget Batman. Apart from that though he's great.

as mentioned the Nolan films themselves though are just in a class by themselves... TDK being the best as far as I'm concerned, lots of my mates prefer Begins though.

Need to rewatch the Burton ones again. I did like Keeton as Batman. Easily the worst was Clooney. Not his fault; just a bad, bad film.

Bale, I can take or leave as Batman. But he oozed that charm as Wayne as a Billionaire

will be interesting to see how Pattinson does.

It shouldn't be hard, anyone can play batman. His lines are:

"I'm Batman"
"Where is she"
"For the night is dark and full of terrors"

It shouldn't be hard, anyone can play batman. His lines are:

"I'm Batman"
"Where is she"
"For the night is dark and full of terrors"

Tell that to Kevin Conroy...

The Keaton/ Burton Batman's don't really do much for me to be honest, they're grand but just seem to lack something.

Finally got to see Joker... and it blew me away, phenomenal!

Thought about it a lot since I watched it and actually it is very clever. Worth another watch, but will probably wait until it's released to download it. If Joaquin doesn't finally win an Oscar for that then the academy really are a bunch of fools.

Thought about it a lot since I watched it and actually it is very clever. Worth another watch, but will probably wait until it's released to download it. If Joaquin doesn't finally win an Oscar for that then the academy really are a bunch of fools.
Yeah he was bloody brilliant wasn't he? I was so pleasantly surprised by the whole thing though, I kinda thought a lot of the buzz was just 'emperors new clothes' syndrome but it really is great.

Last night:

Joker (2019)

It was awesome. The poor guy was completely broken. My favourite part was when he walked out on the talk show and when he sat down, the Joker was fully transformed. It was glorious to see. From a broken man to the Joker.

Today:

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Was ok. Some good moments.
Heard it's the best since T2 (one of my fave films growing up). The trailer hasn't sold me on it but my love for Terminator 1 & 2 might just make me go see it.

Latest posts