What film have you just seen?

bushytop

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

London Welsh

Forgot to mention yesterday but wtf is up with Joaquin Phoenix’s shoulder... *shudders* uurrrrrggghhhh!

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

Watched “On the basis of sex” last night. Great movie about Associate Justice Ginsberg’s battle for gender equality in the USA.

bushytop

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

London Welsh

Just watched Midsommar... yeah it was weirdly good. Just like Aster’s last film Hereditary. After these two and the Suspiria remake I’ve now come to the conclusion that really weird horror is my horror of choice.

bushytop

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

London Welsh

Dolemite Is My Name... loved it. As a huge fan of Eddie Murphy while growing up during the 80’s, it was great to see the dude get is *****-******* groove back. One of the best Netflix original movies I’ve seen.

bushytop

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

London Welsh

Terminator: Dark Fate... surprisingly good actually. To anyone who loved 1 & 2 when they were growing up, I’d suggest you go catch this while you can (as it’s box office is abysmal and will probably be out of cinemas soon). It does riff on the first two (particularly 2... and obviously is not as good as either) but Tim Miller can direct an action film and knows exactly when to add moments of levity and emotion.

After ‘shaky’ starts both Linda Hamilton and Arnie are great and Mackenzie Davis is a revelation as Grace. Millers pacing is the key though and when you finally hear ‘that’ synth score and ‘those’ drum beats you’ll feel the nostalgia that was worth the ticket price alone. It isn’t gonna win any oscars but was a nice surprise... and I finally have a decent third film for my Terminator-thons :).

Tigs Man

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Puerto Rico

Club or Nation

Wigan

surely you can't be serious?

FLOBALOB

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Antilles

Club or Nation

Cornish Priates

Don't usually watch many films but fancied one last night for a change. Picked FRACTURED on netflix and both me and the wife really enjoyed it a lot.. Had a Hitchcocky feel to it and kept you guessing throughout. Looked on IMDB afterwards expecting 7.5/8 and very surprised it was only rated 6.3. Very well made and acted.
Recommended.

Which Tyler

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Watched Peterloo last night - brutal

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend