• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Shame. But April 1st. Could be an April fools. :p
Yeah sadly it's almost certainly not nobody know what guise it will takenbut it feels like off BBC.

Which for me means off BBC Sounds and a lot harder to find with bloody advertising.

Deep Water. Only watched it for Ana De Armas. But a pretty dumb erotic thriller.

I think peeps there thought it was all part of the show when they saw it. Literally highlight of the evening. Above is Vid with the swearing. Will Smith seriously ****** at Chris Rock.

Shame that is all peeps will remember last night's show for. Could have lumped him back stage after the show.

On one hand dude shouldn't be hitting other dude.

On the other, dude made very public joke about other dude's wife medical condition.

I think it goes back to what extent comedians can push the boundaries.

I think it goes back to what extent comedians can push the boundaries.
I think its the idea of the roast in particular that the issue that's at the heart of this one and its one presenters are expected to do at awards ceremonies. I'm unsure how much of it is actually fair game though in the scenario.

Like if you go a special awards ceremony just for you, you can expect it but also its usually hosted by a good friend but thats kind of the point the roast is done by someone who knows you and probably know the boundaries of what your comfortable with.

However this wasn't done by a friend and it was an attack against the wife of someone who was up for an award not the nominee themself.

I just think maybe that part of presenting for a more general awards show is possibly done with and many comedians are getting more under fire for it. Maybe focus on the films and the industry as a whole its not like there isn't inherently funny stuff in there,

IDK Will Smith also had a rough couple of years really ever since that Interview with Jada, and he become a meme for letting his emotions out.
Like I think it's the whole tip of the iceberg type thing more than just the joke itself.

That being said when did the Oscars become a thing for roasts I thought that was a Golden Globe stick.

That being said when did the Oscars become a thing for roasts I thought that was a Golden Globe stick.
I haven't watched the ceremony in years but it was always heavily scripted and never pushing the boundaries. But thats kinda what it is supposed to be classy and highbrow (but not too highbrow in terms of the films it selects) unlike the Globes which are a joke.

But then they are introducing Fan Favourite and Cheer Moment, which got hijacked by Snyder fan boys for a film I'd never heard of and a moment I didn't remember happening in a directors cut of a film which version I thought was alright.

They're also failing to showcase any of the technical categories.

IDK Will Smith also had a rough couple of years really ever since that Interview with Jada, and he become a meme for letting his emotions out.
Like I think it's the whole tip of the iceberg type thing more than just the joke itself.

This is why I kind of thought it was staged as it's not their usual schtick but I don't think it was staged. Appears Smith is a bit unstable but obviously the joke wasn't in great taste but then most jokes at these things aren't I suppose. He could've handled it a lot better that's for sure.

Ricky Gervais a few years ago at the GG was a classic. Properly went to town roasting the nominees, the films And Hollywood. Personally, I loved the clips I saw.

Haven't watched too much of the Oscars live in recent years, but recall Billy Crystal hosted it for many years. But he's a darling of Hollywood and his jokes rarely get personal. He was what they deem a safe host.

Hollywood getting a lot of criticism for lack of diversity etc and Oscars turning to Rock. They had Macfarlane a few years back and he went down like a lead balloon.

Will Smith probably very nervous being up his first Oscar - good to see Denzil (one of my favourite actors) putting an arm round him. Don't know the background if any to Rock and WS's relationship prior to this. Of course JP being public with the reason why she suffers hair loss etc.

Will Smith was actually laughing at the GI Jane joke on the clip I saw. The camera then turned to his wife whose face said it all. I wonder if Smith just went up after he clocked his wife's reaction or maybe there was a brain delay in him processing the joke.

Will Smith was actually laughing at the GI Jane joke on the clip I saw. The camera then turned to his wife whose face said it all. I wonder if Smith just went up after he clocked his wife's reaction or maybe there was a brain delay in him processing the joke.
I think there's always that kind of reaction in a comedy atmosphere. Like you laugh because that's what you do there's a punch line and you laugh as a reaction. Sometimes its not that funny but you laugh anyway because your brain tells you this is proper response. Its interesting because certainly I've witness it where people laugh then are suddenly very quiet whilst their brain actually processes the full joke. Also seen the opposite where the more someone thinks the more they laugh.

So yeah I definitely think it was delayed raection when he actually processed what he heard certainly it didn't take him long for the switch to be flipped and he started mouthing off.

Latest posts