• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

this minute, I am watching "I Robot" and I'm a bit baffled. I read Asimov way back when we both alive and the Robot series was about how robots would be programmed so that they could never harm humans and this programming would lead to various moral conundrums and difficulties. So far the movie seems to be about lots of robots trying to kill humans, in car-chase like sequences.

Caught Children of Men again last night, brilliant and disturbing. Clive Owen was superb and loved Michal Caine.

Clive Owen is a great actor. I liked him in Inside Man, even though you didn't really see his face.

'Twelve Monkeys' with Brad Pitt, Madeline Stowe and Bruce Willis. The movie ended and I didn't get it. I had to look at the plot online to find out what happened.

watched 'Basic' last night, fantastic film
Samuel L Jackson and travolta were both brilliant in it

if you havn't seen it then its starts off with a squad of army rangers going into the panamanian jungle for a training thing in a hurricane, then when they get picked up by the helicopter you see a guy running with another wounded bloke on his shoulder, and he turns and shoots another ranger dead. The story basically revolves around trying to work out what actually happens.
You think you understand it up until the last five minutes and then it completely throws you, theres a lot more to it than you first think.
if you havn't seen it then go get the dvd its brilliant.

Just saw Taxi Driver.
It was quite surreal, but for the most part, enjoyable. I loved how it was shot: the camera movements just seemed so arbitrary, but they really helped convey the surrealism. The jazzy music that played in the background frequently was great, aswell.
It melded well with the dream-like cinematography.
I'd recommend it to everyone, but most people have already seen it. :p

Thursday Evening (Thanksgiving Day here in Americaland) I saw "Australia." Brilliant film. I recommend it. I've been watching an Aussie documentary called "The First Australians," this past week, so that really laid the groundwork for me to understand the Aborigines a bit more. The film is big and epic. If you ever liked the "Man From Snowy River," I'd say you'd probably enjoy this a bit also. Think MFSR + Pearl Harbor. That may be a bad comparison, but it's just big, and epic with quality acting.

Last night my wife and parents and I went to see the Holiday film "Four Christmases" with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon. It's funny. If you've ever liked Reese, then go see it, she looks good. Vince Vaughn is his usual funny, fast talking self.

Yeah the Four Christmases looks promising but I make it a point not to watch Christmas films until December.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 29 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah the Four Christmases looks promising but I make it a point not to watch Christmas films until December.[/b]

Bingo! I'm riding the exact same ride as you.
I do however make it a tradition to watch Muppets Christmas Carol every christmas eve.

I've already watched Muppets Christmas Carol, and shall again several times before Christmas!! Amazing film :D

It's only novemeber, you're not allowed to watch Muppets Christmas Carol until at least a week before xmas!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 30 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's only novemeber, you're not allowed to watch Muppets Christmas Carol until at least a week before xmas!![/b]

1st December is my rule, will watch it when I get home from work and probably about 5 more times before the big day, just the ultimate Chirstmas film for me and less of the xmas crap or there'll be neg reps all round :rahh:

Street Kings - Such a good film, really, really enjoyable

Hot Fuzz - Good film to re-watch!

and the latest

KungFuPanda.jpg

You didn't like Wall-E??

I've never seen The muppets Christmas Carroll ^o)

Am I missing out on something?

Wall-E was amazing, but Kung Fu Panda was even more amazing. In fact, it was totally awesome!

Yes, you are missing out on one of the greatest Xmas film ever. Muppets Xmas Carol is an absolute legend. Watch it...and believe in Dickens once again.

Dickens might have been a fascist, so not sure if I want to believe in Dickens XD

And that is how studying will put you off the fun stuff in life!

Saw an incredibly stupid and enjoyable film the other day, Music and Lyrics, and the first song in the film is stuck in my head like gum on a uniform.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 7 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dickens might have been a fascist, so not sure if I want to believe in Dickens XD[/b]
Dickens was a liberal-communist ... guess that's the same thing as a fascist. Thought you'd read Hard Times (or tried to read it?).

Just watched Resident Evil again. The special affects for the monster at the end are quite crap, but holy Jovovich - she looks good with a sheet pritstuck to her body! Will be watching The Fifth Element again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 7 2008, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 7 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dickens might have been a fascist, so not sure if I want to believe in Dickens XD[/b]
Dickens was a liberal-communist ... guess that's the same thing as a fascist. Thought you'd read Hard Times (or tried to read it?).

Just watched Resident Evil again. The special affects for the monster at the end are quite crap, but holy Jovovich - she looks good with a sheet pritstuck to her body! Will be watching The Fifth Element again.
[/b][/quote]

Was supposed to read it, and got pretty far too, then exams came up, I passed the exam I had to read Hard Times for (it's in the discussion of that one that it was suggested that he might have been a fascist, as it was the professor suggesting it I assumed this to be the general idea on Dickens :p), decided I'd read Hard Times completely and never got to it, since I know have to read other books for other lit classes :p

I need to watch the fifth element too, it's been a few years and I just discovered le boyfriend has never seen it!

Latest posts