• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

My bestfriends girl

thought this movie was about a 5/10. nothing special about it, there's one real funny bit in it, apart from that it's just a few forced laughs here and there.

it's kind just the opposite of "Hitch"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jan 4 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
**** I have watched The Day After Tomorrow and I am really worried about that probable events on earth]

While during College Years I have been working on a scientific project that really made me to touch the problems of Global Warming and I really worry about what are we going to do with our planet

bu3.jpg
[/b]

Personally, after having just rewatched Mars Attacks, i'm more concerned about the threat hostile aliens pose - the last thing we want is President Jack Nicholson ending up impaled by a flag.

Although I can live with Pierce Brosnan and Sarah Jessica Parker drowning.

mars_attacks.jpg

Check out Ip Man. Such an awesome movie about the man who was Bruce Lee's martial arts master. There's heaps of fighting scenes, that gives chills down the spine. Check it out on youtube. You'll see why Bruce Lee was so fast. WATCH IT!!!

Watched this movie 'City Of Embers' put me to sleep after about 40min. It seemed like an interesting story about mankind having to live underground for over 200 years to be saved from sorrow or some crap but it just too far to long to get into anything interesting.

Good concept but the story ended up being a bit boring and was lacking. I'd have to give it a 2/10 because It made me fall asleep so it was a bore.

Watched a movie called Against The Dark with Steven Segal in it. It's one of those 30 days later type movies with people being exposed to a virus and then turning into man eating zombies. I found it entertaining a little low budget you can tell because the actings not the best but it still made a pretty good movie.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 22 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kal Ho Naa Ho, or the Richard Gere/Julia Roberts version?[/b]

The latter. I've seen it many, many times. I should probably buy the DVD and stop renting it from the local DVD store...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veniqe @ Jan 23 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The latter. I've seen it many, many times. I should probably buy the DVD and stop renting it from the local DVD store...[/b]

Probably, would be more cost effective XD
We still have it on tape, played so often it's a miracle it shows more than just grey blur.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veniqe @ Jan 23 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The latter. I've seen it many, many times. I should probably buy the DVD and stop renting it from the local DVD store...[/b]

We still have it on tape, played so often it's a miracle it shows more than just grey blur.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 23 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We still have it on tape, played so often it's a miracle it shows more than just grey blur.[/b]

On tape? O_O

Crikey, I've forgotten that VHS still exists. Yeah, I'll try to find a Pretty Woman DVD at the weekend. And Clueless, too ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veniqe @ Jan 23 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 23 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We still have it on tape, played so often it's a miracle it shows more than just grey blur.[/b]

On tape? O_O

Crikey, I've forgotten that VHS still exists. Yeah, I'll try to find a Pretty Woman DVD at the weekend. And Clueless, too ;)
[/b][/quote]

Just got Clueless on DVD XD The beauty of older films like that is that the DVDs aren't too expensive. The only problem is films that are either not released on DVD, or harder to find.
We still have a VCR to play the vast amount of tapes we have (like almost every single Disney Classic, there are a few missing but still.) The Disneys are too expensive to simply replace them by DVDs, especially considering they aren't being watched each day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 23 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just got Clueless on DVD XD The beauty of older films like that is that the DVDs aren't too expensive. The only problem is films that are either not released on DVD, or harder to find.
We still have a VCR to play the vast amount of tapes we have (like almost every single Disney Classic, there are a few missing but still.) The Disneys are too expensive to simply replace them by DVDs, especially considering they aren't being watched each day.[/b]

I'll have to order Clueless online: the stores here do not stock it. Pretty Woman would be a mission, though. Eeep. Hmmm. Perhaps it's a good idea to get a VCR...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veniqe @ Jan 26 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'll have to order Clueless online: the stores here do not stock it. Pretty Woman would be a mission, though. Eeep. Hmmm. Perhaps it's a good idea to get a VCR...[/b]

I'm guessing it's probably easier to find Pretty Woman on DVD than Clueless :p We have it on VCR simply because we got it shortly after it was released (so 1992 or something I guess :p) No sense in buying it on DVD as long as we still have a working VCR :p

Pretty Woman on Amazon
Clueless Special Whatever! Edition on Amazon
Clueless (regular version) on Amazon

Watched 'Slumdog Millionaire' yesterday because I heard it was a really good movie and I had it just sitting there doing nothing for about 2 weeks. I have to say that it is definately the best movie I've seen in the last year easily. If you're thinking about going to watch it just do it you wont be disappointed I guarantee it.

No matter what kind of movies you're into watching there'll be something in this movie that will pull you in. The actings awesome and i've already watched it 4 times since yesterday I just can't get enough.

I just watched Jerusalema. It's a South African crime movie about Hillbrow in Johannesburg, and how buildings were taken over by criminals because "it was their rightful inheritance..."

A pretty good movie, and scary in the sense that that's really what happens in downtown Johannesburg. Every time i look at, or drive through or past the city, it's like it's screaming to be saved from what is happening. Johanesburg was the greatest city on Earth, and now, it's dying, and will pretty soon be destroyed thanks to it's own people not understanding the world. It makes me so sad. I urge everyone to watch this movie. Watch the final shot of this trailer, you can feel the city cry for help. :(

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tJZ5jKSZU

0022.jpg
l18659339540_2417.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jan 29 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just watched Jerusalema. It's a South African crime movie about Hillbrow in Johannesburg, and how buildings were taken over by criminals because "it was their rightful inheritance..."

A pretty good movie, and scary in the sense that that's really what happens in downtown Johannesburg. Every time i look at, or drive through or past the city, it's like it's screaming to be saved from what is happening. Johanesburg was the greatest city on Earth, and now, it's dying, and will pretty soon be destroyed thanks to it's own people not understanding the world. It makes me so sad. I urge everyone to watch this movie. Watch the final shot of this trailer, you can feel the city cry for help. :([/b]

I've been meaning to watch this for a while now.

Saw the French film Les Liens du Sang on Tuesday.
Not a bad film, though the end was anti-climatic...

Revolutionary Road.
Booo. Depressing.
My wife argued that, "No, it's a good film, it has good acting." I agreed, the acting was great. The film is just a big lump of depression that paints the lives of my grandparents generation as hopelessly depressing. I then reminded her that she said the same of the film "In Brugges" which I loved and she hated how it ended.
So, no to Revolutionary Road,
Yes, to In Brugges

Latest posts