• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Saw the usual Xmas films.

But also Jason Bourne - I quite liked it. Expanded slightly on JB's back story and also usual car chase and fight scenes. Renner was just keeping the seat warm for Matt Damon to return. Also thought Alicia Vikander was a good addition to the film.

Swallows and Amazons - a good update to the children's classic. A good one for families on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:
Rewatching LOTR, after the chat on here the other week.
Forgot how long the extended editions are, I'm having to watch it as 6 films - just started two towers and it's 4hrs!

Rewatching LOTR, after the chat on here the other week.
Forgot how long the extended editions are, I'm having to watch it as 6 films - just started two towers and it's 4hrs!

I'm rewatching it as well, it's become an annual tradition (my parents were hippies). Yeah, I know that even with good intentions I won't be able to stop part way through, so I can only watch it when I don't have work the next day.

Watched The Man From U.n.c.l.e

Really enjoyed it, a cool film, a easy to follow plot, likable characters and it looked and sounded good. Also Alicia Vikander.

Dune film going ahead with Denis Villeneuva directing. Fantastic news, I hope it gets the adaptation it deserves.

Also, what exciting times we live in for sci-fi and fantasy fans. We always had some pretty great literature, but things have really taken off in the '10s when it comes to all the great TV shows and films being created.

Watched T2. Bit meh.
Hopefully the new Underworld will be better.

Not seen it yet, but when they announced I thought WTF bring it back after all these years I.e. From a story point of view. I thought the first film ended perfectly. And not as though many of the characters were that likeable. Happy to wait for it to come out on Netflix next year.

Hoping this is the year that Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean get back on track. (Esp Pirates I loved the first 2 and the 3rd was decent IMO).

ARRIVAL

Finally.... FINALLY, a movie about an extra-terrestrial alien visitation where the Alien visitors are NOT hell-bent on invading the earth, eating/harvesting the human race or turning the whole planet into a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Amy Adams was outstanding as linguistics expert Louise Banks.

My best picture of 2016 by the length of the street.

Latest posts