• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Just watched an Irish comedy film Young Offenders on Netflix. Really really good movie that mixes sheer comedy with the grim realities of living in Cork. Would honestly put it up there as the best comedy I've seen in ages.

Fast and Furious 8 = great film.

It's so ridiculous but has a great charm about it.

Statham and Rock are great together.

Though that haka scene was so cringey. Mind I can relate with the rock when it comes to having all the women mirin' at me.

Watched central intelligence the other day,
Had exceptionally low expectations so ended up pleasantly surprised.
Decent enough.

Man vs Snake: The Long and Twisted Tale of Nibbler (Netflix) = Love a bit of gaming myself, enjoyed the story behind the world record attempt.
Moala = Decent
Central Intelligence (Sky) = Loved it.
The Revenant (Sky) = Enjoyed it, can see why it won so many awards.
Edge of Tomorrow (Amazon Prime) = Another film that have some good reviews, was skeptical at first, but enjoyed it.
American Playboy: The Hugh Hefner Story (Amazon Prime) = Intrigued by the history of playboy ... it is quite an interesting series to watch, part drama part interview. Very good.
Star Trek Beyond (Sky) = Again another film that I seemingly enjoyed.
Woodlawn (Netflix) = Decent and interesting story about a black American Football player in Alabama during the Race Riots in America.

Up Next:

Oklahoma City (Netflix)
Unfinished Business (Netflix)
First Sunday (Netflix)
Shooter (Netflix)
Grudge Match (Amazon Prime)
Now You See Me 2 (Amazon Prime)
Boca Juniors 3D (Netflix)

Last edited:
Seating down about to watch GOTG 2 and the person sitting next to me has a big bag of ****ing crisps.

And they are just waiting to start eating them when the film starts.

Personally I think people like that need to be banned from the cinema.

So fuming.

Seating down about to watch GOTG 2 and the person sitting next to me has a big bag of ****ing crisps.

And they are just waiting to start eating them when the film starts.

Personally I think people like that need to be banned from the cinema.

So fuming.

I think people who have already sat down in the cinema, and are using their phone to send texts, or browse / post on the internet need to beanned from cinemas.

Here Tigs will you film it on your phone for me so I don't have to go to the trouble of finding a showing that's not in German?

Looks like we're off to guardians tomorrow; is it worth the extra 50% for 3d IMAX?

Looks like we're off to guardians tomorrow; is it worth the extra 50% for 3d IMAX?

IMO Yes.

But then i like most Action type film to be in IMAX.

Im going to be so poor after i see Alien and King Arthur in IMAX.

TBH it all depends on the screen some IMAX screens are not as good as others.

I saw it on a bog standard 2D showing and thought it was brilliant.

Honestly Cheltenham's IMAX is okay but I wouldn't pay to watch anything on it as the BFI IMAX in Waterloo is superior in every way.

Go to the Screening Rooms instead it's a far better luxury experience.

No 'looking forward to' movie thread. :(

This looks like one of the best buddy movies of all time, though.

Hell or Highwater. Story of two brothers who rob banks to save their ranch. Not bad if you liked No Country for Old men and Lone Star.

Latest posts