• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Feel like crap over this one after two Bond actors recent died I joked to some people doing a podcast rewatch they'd lose Connery next. Not very funny anymore.

RIP Sean Connery

He was, obviously, a fantastic Bond but I think my favourite of his was The Rock.

By far my favourite Bond I think. Was brilliant in Indiana Jones as well, for whatever reason he and Harrison Ford just clicked. Great actor, RIP.

I recently watched EASY RIDER, a classic I haven't seen in at least 40 years. I loved it the first time and I still do. A cross country motorcycle trip goes very wrong. :eek:

1604632705449.png

I love old western movies and I saw a great one last night. Yeehaw!

1606073550297.png

Last edited:
Warner Brothers, next year, are going to release their movies in theatre and on HBO Max on the same day

I'm guessing HBO Max is kind of like Sky Movies, like a pay-extra-on-top-of-regular-HBO in America?

I'm not mad at it, cinema is stupidly expensive and (with the exception of big actiony movies like Star Wars) I much prefer watching movies at home

Watched Mortal Engines on Netflix a few days ago. Thought it had good potential before watching it, but a bit of a letdown.

Watched Mortal Engines on Netflix a few days ago. Thought it had good potential before watching it, but a bit of a letdown.
it had a lot of potential :(

just saw this

this looks fun as hell, im in

Well Disney has announced a 100 new stuff (or seemed like it) and it felt like I could count the actual original stuff on my hand so much spin offs and remakes.

I feel they didn't learn from the Star Wars movies stuff of not flooding a market.

Gotta admit, I'm looking forward to Obi Wan,
They knocked it out of the park with the Mandalorian

As much as I like Waititi I'm not that interested in seeing a Star Wars film by him - think they should knock the films on the head and just do Disney+ series to flesh out the universe. There's so much lore/material from the various books/comics etc. that they can go at

The Grinch (2018 animated version)

Surprisingly good, though Cumberbatch's American accent isn't the best

I'm looking forward to the new Tom Hank's film which opens in theatres (we spell it different over here) tomorrow. But I'm not going to risk catching the coronavirus because there's still too many selfish idiots that don't wear masks properly, if at all. So I will gladly wait until it comes out online and stream it safely from home. :)

1608854978170.png

Freaks (1932) - what a masterpiece, surprisingly humorous in parts as well. Not for the faint of heart. This is real horror, no gore necessary.

Freaks_(1932)_original_one-sheet.jpg

Soul

It's Pixar at thier best I don't know how they do it.

Latest posts