• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Empire of the Sun on bbc iPlayer. remember watching this at the Cinema.

A young Batman singing Suo Gan

Witness. Very good.

and Shakespere in Love.

I love "Empire of the Sun".
Can also recommend you an old "Come and see" (pretty close plot). It's a hard film to watch though, a soft version of "Empire of the Sun" as I call it sometimes:
What about "Empire of the Sun".. that's incredibly beautiful. Even war (aerial bombardment) in this film looks aesthetically beautiful

Justice league - snyder cut

good film! i think most importantly it all make sense, the slower parts at the start are all there for a reason and pay off later on

the only real critique i have is this is the equivalent of putting most of phase one and two of the MCU into one film. they could have spun out several threads into 3-4 films easily and still set up follow up movies

Spoiler Below

the other think i didn't like was the epilogue, it was awesome in itself...id be fizzing for the movies they set up...but why do it if they arent going to follow through with them, inless the rumors of Cavill coming back are to true and its to do what theyve set up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Justice league - snyder cut

good film! i think most importantly it all make sense, the slower parts at the start are all there for a reason and pay off later on

the only real critique i have is this is the equivalent of putting most of phase one and two of the MCU into one film. they could have spun out several threads into 3-4 films easily and still set up follow up movies

Spoiler Below

the other think i didn't like was the epilogue, it was awesome in itself...id be fizzing for the movies they set up...but why do it if they arent going to follow through with them, inless the rumors of Cavill coming back are to true and its to do what theyve set up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Funny enough, I was just about to post about this. The missus and I are thinking of watching it later and was gonna ask in anyone had any opinions on it.

Funny enough, I was just about to post about this. The missus and I are thinking of watching it later and was gonna ask in anyone had any opinions on it.
my wife will watch superhero films no problem, but if we're watching at home and she gets tired or something she just as likely say shes going to sleep and tell me to finish it...she not worried. she was with JL, she held on until the six chapter and then said she wanted to see the end in the morning, that says something

I have serious questions about whether they might reinstate the Synderverse and strike the original JL from canon, i actually cant understand what they were doing the first time around, im a big joss wheedon fan normally...but in hindsight

my wife will watch superhero films no problem, but if we're watching at home and she gets tired or something she just as likely say shes going to sleep and tell me to finish it...she not worried. she was with JL, she held on until the six chapter and then said she wanted to see the end in the morning, that says something

I have serious questions about whether they might reinstate the Synderverse and strike the original JL from canon, i actually cant understand what they were doing the first time around, im a big joss wheedon fan normally...but in hindsight
Yeah the Whedon 'hack-job' version of Justice League was just unbelievably bad... and I agree with you, I'm normally a fan of Whedon's work (if not his behaviour).

About the Snyder-cut. It's definitely a vast improvement over the Whedon version but it 'still' felt off to me. I think Snyder is fine (more so even) when it comes to 'directing' (the visuals etc) but when he's involved in the script (dialogue, pacing and narrative) I think his work really suffers. Not to say I didn't enjoy it but it is still a considerable step down from the MCU imho.

Having said all that though, the epilogue (Batman's fever-dream) did intrigue and I would love to see the next part of the Snyderverse to see how that specific part plays out.

Also watched the Snyder-cut this weekend. And it was a lot better. Certainly made it more enjoyable, and the character build up of Flash and Cyborg, which was lacking in the first film was a big improvement. Also nice to see how they incorporated Martian Manhunter into the storyline.

Thought the addition of Darkseid and that Steppenwolf is his servant also made a lot more sense than that of Whedon's version of "Mother".

Also, the CGI on Steppenwolf and the parademons were a lot better for me in this film.

I like the book and the movie too, saw it on Amazon Prime last night.

1617181963453.png

Hey I'm watching The Dissident. Check it out now on Prime Video!

New Space Jam film really does look like a Ready Player One sequel than a Space Jam sequel.

IDK Jordan Space Jam was like peak 90's for me, and feel that James Space Jam just misses that target of representing a time for people (Which for me is the problem with a lot of these things tries too hard to just ram in a bunch of Easter eggs instead of creating a feeling).

Granted original Space Jam was hardly a masterpiece and had plenty of flaws and I'm just judging this off a trailer.

New Space Jam film really does look like a Ready Player One sequel than a Space Jam sequel.

IDK Jordan Space Jam was like peak 90's for me, and feel that James Space Jam just misses that target of representing a time for people (Which for me is the problem with a lot of these things tries too hard to just ram in a bunch of Easter eggs instead of creating a feeling).

Granted original Space Jam was hardly a masterpiece and had plenty of flaws and I'm just judging this off a trailer.
Yeah, I've just watched the trailer and.....I'm not feeling it

Granted I'm not really the age demographic that they're targeting anymore, but Space Jam is one of my favourite childhood movies and this.....well, it looks crap tbh.
It's like Wreck It Ralph vs Wreck It Ralph 2.
A relatively contained idea works, but expanding it to the whole internet (and selling a ton of not-so-subliminal advertising) doesn't.

I also really don't like the modern trend of CGI-ing cartoon characters. Just leave them as cartoons ffs - making 2d characters 3d always looks bad - I genuinely can't think of a IP that they've turned 3D (spongebob, scooby doo, fairly odd parents, yogi bear, rugrats etc. etc. etc.) that didn't look significantly worse/significantly cheaper/tackier

American Assassin. Poor man's Bourne. Although i thought Keaton was very good.

Love this version of Death on the Nile.

i see Kenneth Branagh has made his own version and yet to release it.

Fyre - The greatest Party that never happened on Netflix

I remember seeing stuff in the news about this when this was going on, but didn't realize how much of a screw up it really was

Love this version of Death on the Nile.

i see Kenneth Branagh has made his own version and yet to release it.

I do love the version with Peter Ustinov as well!
I watched it many years ago and was recently thinking to rewatch it. It was my childhood dream to do a Nile River cruise and to visit Abu Simbel, thanks to this film :)

I recently saw Nobody, a new movie starring Bob Odenkirk (of Better Call Soul and Breaking Bad fame) and it was great. :) I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.
While following clues regarding his recent home invasion, he helps an under-aged girl being harassed by a group of men, only to become the target of a vengeful drug lord.

1619604058938.png

Last edited:
I recently saw Nobody, a new movie starring Bob Odenkirk (of Better Call Soul and Breaking Bad fame) and it was great. :) I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.
While following clues regarding his recent home invasion, he helps an under-aged girl being harassed by a group of men, only to become the target of a vengeful drug lord.

View attachment 10702
i saw the trailer for that, it did look good

Superman 3. What a classic. Found a really good Copy on YouTube before it gets taken down. Love Richard Pryor in this as Gus and the Bad Superman v Clark Kent fight in the scrap yard.

Latest posts