• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Yesterday hit Netflix a few weeks ago, I can highly recommend it as a lightweight, fun watch. The premise is that the protagonist discovers that he's the only person who has heard of / remembers the Beatles and follows what happens when he plagiarises their catalogue. It's the sort of film for a Saturday night after a belly full of food and booze. I only found out after watching it that it was written and produced by Richard Curtis, which explains why I enjoyed it.
I liked it well enough until the end.
In the denouement where the lead goes back to his unrequited love instead of Beatles track they play an Ed Sheeran one.

I liked it well enough until the end.
In the denouement where the lead goes back to his unrequited love instead of Beatles track they play an Ed Sheeran one.
There was booze on board and it was a few weeks ago now, but I'm pretty sure I complained about this too.

I remember when that first came out, a customer of the bank I worked for lent me a bootleg video copy way before it screened in the UK
Back then bootleg copies of these films were all the rage. Remember this guy used to come into my dad's shop weekly with a suitcase full of them and my dad would buy copies of Disney films like Fox and the hound and 101 Dalmations for me and my sister to watch. The quality was extremely poor IIRC.

Rewatched ET on Netflix. What a great film.
Really loved this film when I was a child. I remember later I was reading a book (and had to google it now), it was a novel based on this film (but I've always thought it was vice versa: this film based on Kotzwinkle's novel :oops: )
Back then bootleg copies of these films were all the rage
Same in Russia in 90s :D

Hang 'Em High - is one of my favorite Clint Eastwood westerns. Here's the entire movie.

Last edited:
Planning on going back to the cinemas again
Got lined up
Suicide Squad
PIG -
Reminiscence -
The Nest -
Shang Chi -

Really missed the cinema during lockdown so I've been a good five times since cinemas opened again I think.

Have seen Mortal Kombat, A Quiet Place 2, Conjuring 3, Black Widow and Suicide Squad, which is probably a sign I will watch anything.

Suicide Squad definitely worth watching. Very refreshing change from the other dull DC movies and the likes of Black Widow. Glad they embraced some of the stupider DC Characters.

John Wick in the Matrix.:rolleyes:
The Matrix was absolutely brilliant - I'm so glad it's finally getting a sequel.
TBH I'm amazed Hollywood didn't do this earlier, it usually only takes 2-3 years to get a sequel out.

I just hope it can live up to the legacy of the original, after all this time

The Matrix was absolutely brilliant - I'm so glad it's finally getting a sequel.
TBH I'm amazed Hollywood didn't do this earlier, it usually only takes 2-3 years to get a sequel out.

I just hope it can live up to the legacy of the original, after all this time

They did two films subsequently to the original Matrix - reloaded and revolutions. So this is the fourth one.

They did two films subsequently to the original Matrix - reloaded and revolutions. So this is the fourth one.
Nope - they're a myth.
They never existed.
Fan-fic at best

You can't make me acknowledge them

ETA: Dammit, didn't need to post that

Not sure how I feel about the trailer - probably dampened my excitement a little, tbh, but then seeing the fan theories about what's going on in it has made me more excited

I loved the original Matrix movie, but the sequels burnt me enough that this one won't be a day one watch or anything

This is an interesting take on the sequels, when he says rewrite he means take the actual plot and tidy it up. Because when you actually break it down the sequels had a lot of good ideas it just what got made was a mess.

The sequels read better than it watches if that makes sense.
I remember the sequels did kinda make me go wtf.
But reading the plot points of them again after it made a lot more sense in my mind at least. (Granted not the best sign for a film)

The Animatrix is quality though.
On this film, I feel for something like the matrix I just can't judge it by the trailer.

Latest posts