• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Herman Munster and his family travel to England to collect an inheritance, but their English cousins try to kibosh the deal. There's a different gal playing Marilyn, a red head this time. The movie was OK, better than I thought it would be. It wasn't a made for TV movie, this was in theaters back in '66.

Munsters_Move_Munster_Go_Home_1966.jpg

Last edited:
Watched Shang Chi on Disney plus. Was pretty damn good. Most I've enjoyed a marve movie since Ragnarok I'd say. Just generally slapped I'd say. Fight scenes slapped. Weird Chinese mysticism slapped. Dragon fights slapped.

Thought it was gonna be kinda dull at the start but it want batshit delightfully quick.

I also watched last night. Really enjoyed most of it. I am a sucker for good fight energetic fight scenes.

On that note people should watch Warrior the TV series some of the best fight scenes on TV along with English actors doing shitty Irish accents and stereotypes, so I'm sure this board would love it.

The man who knew Infinity about the genius Mathematician Ramanujan who lived over 100 years ago.

Also Parasite is on channel 4 tonight at 10pm for those who haven't watched it and don't mind sub ***les.

Red Notice, on Netflix

Ryan Reynolds and The Rock, so you know what you're getting - shallow but entertaining, definitely would recommend for a no-thoughts-needed kinda movie

Jungle Cruise on Disney+

Another Rock movie, so just inoffensive entertainment
Enjoyed it well enough though - not as much as the Jumanji remake though

Reminded me a lot of The Mummy (smart woman, eccentric/posh brother, American toughguy guide) mixed with some of the Pirates of the Carribbean franchise

Die Hard With A Vengeance - not a new film, but a great one. Starring Bruce Willis & Samuel L. Jackson. Of all the Die Hard films it's my second favorite, next to the original. :)

latest

Jungle Cruise on Disney+

Another Rock movie, so just inoffensive entertainment
Enjoyed it well enough though - not as much as the Jumanji remake though

Reminded me a lot of The Mummy (smart woman, eccentric/posh brother, American toughguy guide) mixed with some of the Pirates of the Carribbean franchise
I thought it was enjoyable enough. I couldn't shake the feeling that executives had sat around a table and said "Indiana Jones was successful, we should remake it with The Rock as the lead".

I thought it was enjoyable enough. I couldn't shake the feeling that executives had sat around a table and said "Indiana Jones was successful, we should remake it with The Rock as the lead".
I think it was more 'how do we make more pirates of the Caribbean movies'

Can anyone recommend a fun, easy to watch, ideally streamable through Netflix / Amazon / Disney+ film please? A nice meal, a few drinks and a film was a go to during our lockdowns and as I'm practically locked down at the moment, I fancy revisiting this, with something that'll zone out a half cut me and wifey from our current slightly unhappy, stressy life for a couple of hours.

I think it was more 'how do we make more pirates of the Caribbean movies'
I must be the last person on the planet who hasn't seen any of this series, so it didn't strike me, but can imagine where the parallels come from. Having Googled "River Cruise Indiana Jones", it appears I'm not the only person to draw my conclusion.

Can anyone recommend a fun, easy to watch, ideally streamable through Netflix / Amazon / Disney+ film please? A nice meal, a few drinks and a film was a go to during our lockdowns and as I'm practically locked down at the moment, I fancy revisiting this, with something that'll zone out a half cut me and wifey from our current slightly unhappy, stressy life for a couple of hours.
I was pleasantly surprised with Red Notice tbh - reviews aren't great but it's not one made for the critics

That said if you've not seen any Pirates of the Carribbean films then the first one is superb
They get a little weaker with each release but the initial trilogy are well worth a watch

I was pleasantly surprised with Red Notice tbh - reviews aren't great but it's not one made for the critics

That said if you've not seen any Pirates of the Carribbean films then the first one is superb
They get a little weaker with each release but the initial trilogy are well worth a watch
Thanks. We've already seen Red Notice. It didn't make much of an impression on me, but I suspect that's because I was doing other things at the same time and didn't give it a fair crack. I felt like Ryan Reynolds playing his standard Ryan Reynolds character didn't really suit the roll he was playing.

Good shout about the Pirates films though. I might try and find a copy.

I watched another Rock film recently: Central Intelligence with Kevin Hart. Yeh pretty funny. The Rock is just such a likeable dude.

I'm surprised there are those who haven't seen at least the first one, which is an absolutely fantastic film. As Olly said, they steadily get worse as they go on, but they're an entertaining series.

Watched this last night, based on recommendations here.

If you play the cliche drinking game, you will a stomach pump!

So, saw 1917 last night and Dune tonight

Loved them both

1917 was so well done, it's obviously cut but to give the impression of one long shot, it was so good, only time I picked up my phone was to look for a route map

Dune was visually spectacular, flawless cgi and faithful to the book, biggest critique is 2023 for the second half, wish they had taken the lairs of the rings approach and films them together and released I. Consecutive years

1917 I have seen. Very good. But Lost out to Parasite two years ago for the Best Film Oscar and rightly so IMO. Reminded when Saving Private Ryan, which was a shoe in lost out to Shakespeare in love.

Spiderman - no way home

every single rumour you might have heard is true....i can be a real nerd but those bloody nerds on the internet that analysed every frame release to work out **** pretty much ruined it

every cool reveal i was waiting for, we have 3 spidermen and loads of jakes about that which is fun, we have all the villains from the previous spidermen and they go in depth into the continuity, so doc oc knows that norman osborne is dead because his film was the second one, we also have matt murdock/daredevil from the TV series as spidies lawyer. We also have chat about toby's spiderman not needing web slingers and making it webs in his body, we even get andrew garfield saving MJ from falling and getting to do what he couldn't do for qwen in his universe

It is the most fan serviesy movie i have ever watched

they have effectively brought the previous series and the netflix tv shows all into the MCU

but i was left quite disappointed as that had all been rumored for months. so on its merits its great....but in the greater scheme of things...super complicated for little payoff

Latest posts