• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I think they should have left Colin Farrell, but in his penguin make-up with tonnes of gratuitous nudity.

I've booked in to see the multiverse of madness with my son but just read the reviews that it's kind of a horror marvel film.

Facepalm moment.

I've booked in to see the multiverse of madness with my son but just read the reviews that it's kind of a horror marvel film.

Facepalm moment.
Yeah it's kinda been said since they hired Sam Raimi. I'm sure it will relatively fine its still a 12A and sure it isn't trying to jolt you like Woman in Black (the play is way scarier).

We're watching it on Thursday

Facepalm moment.
I think it's definitely going to have more in the way of horror elements than any other marvel film, but it IS still a Marvel film. I don't think there will be anything significantly more scary than some of Endgame and Infinity War

FYI my son is 7 though, he's watched all the other marvel films though (apart from black widow).

FYI my son is 7 though, he's watched all the other marvel films though (apart from black widow).
Please note with what I'm about to say ultimately Your kid, Your decisions, Every children is different and I don't have children so please don't take this a judgement on yourself , I'm just trying to impart some knowledge with a little opinion.

The BBFC usually judge a 12A certificate at the lower barrier of 8+ (this is what use to be said they no longer say anything on their website) there is also a fundamental difference between home viewing and cinema viewing which is the ability to pause and talk to a child that may have seen something either they or the parent wish to give context to. All films given a classification have detailed notes on the BBFC website of what the actual film contains to help better inform the audience https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/doct...verse-of-madness-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc0xmdaynzc2 I use this for 18 rated horror films a genre that after watching the US remake of The Grudge and proceeded to walk alone to home at night I do because it scared me witless. Hopefully this will help in future but may lead to spoilers for yourself.

On a personal note I bloody hate the 12A rating, had more than one showing of a film where parents have taken kids who were not okay with it (usually this a long ass 'boring' film so the kid start mis behaving). Should note poor behaviour isn't limited to kids had way more issues with over 60's giving running commentaries of films over the years. It also purely exists from a financial gain much like PG-13 in America (although that has further issues with puritanical nature over the R rating) so as to reach the biggest audience film are either cut down to meet it. The previous mentioned Woman in Black was a particularly egregious affair as it contained Daniel Radcliffe just after HP and was cut so it was no longer a 15 to get a 12A certificate as a bear minimum. This meant parents took kids who were too young for it and scared shitless. Films which should also be made for a more family audience get made with little regard for younger members even though there's no real reason they should be. Many Marvel films could be PG films and they would make little to no difference to story wanting to be told. I don't think the 12A rating has helped cinema at all apart from to allow kids to see Spider-Man (1st Sam Raimi) because the public complain. Superhero films are always the problem....12 was originally created because of Batman....

Plus its removed a rite of passage of sneaking into a film you shouldn't ;)

I went to see dr strange and the MOM and it's an ok it not brilliant film. Felt they could have done more with the fighting (to make it more fun) as there was a lot of dialogue.

Overall it's solid but not amazing.

I took my son in the end after speaking to a mate who went. It is not really a minor horror at all and all the bits that are supposed to be scary arnt. My son loved those bits.

I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore!

1652509061952.png

Last edited:
The Three Stooges in Three Little Pigskins - a short comedy film from 1934, featuring a young Lucille Ball.

Last edited:
Was thinking of Brewster's millions (1980s) film after that couple won £184m on the euromillions. Still, an absolute classic for me. Of course they have told people now ( I wouldn't have) and they don't need to spend £30m of it in 30 days and not have any assets to show for it. Still makes me wonder what it would be like to win that amount. 🤔

Latest posts