• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Top Gun: Maverick

I think I've only watched the original Top Gun twice which I consider a perfectly fun servicable film my wife is actually the real fan. This film however......was ******* brilliant. A real show that if you go in with good intent to make money but actually consider how characters might have spent the intervening years you can do a pretty good job.

Loved the original Top Gun, so looking forward to seeing the sequel at some point.

Went to see the Bob's Burgers movie this morning,

I'm a big fan of the show so I can't judge how well it stands up as a movie on its own, but I thought it was fantastic

Tickets booked to see Jurassic World: Dominion.

Reviews are not very good for the film though, ranging from 1* to 3*

Tickets booked to see Jurassic World: Dominion.

Reviews are not very good for the film though, ranging from 1* to 3*
Not really surprised Jurassic Park is an absolute classic but even Spielberg himself couldn't make a sequel.

Jurassic World was the only one worth watching and that's more for the scenes of "what would the park be like if it ever got running".

I thought the trailers for it look interesting enough - have heard bad things about it, too, but I guess it depends what you go in expecting
Are you expecting an all time classic like the original JP or are you wanting a popcorn action flick that you can enjoy for 90mins and then that's it?
Saw someone describe the franchise as turning into Fast and Furious but with Dinosaurs

I love the first movie, still remember how did I hide under the table while watching it:D the rest of films were so so,tbh (maybe only Jurassic world 2015 was good). I loved much more "Walking with dinosaurs" series I remember

Loved that movie growing up - anything with Pete Postlethwaite in is a winner, really
Watching Pete Postlewaite in the name of the father, Inception, The Town (when I think he was really ill at that point) reminded me what a great actor he was.

Top Gun: Maverick

I think I've only watched the original Top Gun twice which I consider a perfectly fun servicable film my wife is actually the real fan. This film however......was ******* brilliant. A real show that if you go in with good intent to make money but actually consider how characters might have spent the intervening years you can do a pretty good job.
Saw it last night and i agree, its awesome, by far the best/most enjoyable film i have seen in years

im sure there are faults....but i was enjoying it too much to notice or remember them

Also bought this "oh!..ah!..top gun Maverick! " and watched it. Very disappointed. A very weak,flat film. American flag is literally on every second there, just annoying.
P.S. I was on the "enemy-country" side in the end, all the heroes annoyed me that much :D

im sure there are faults....
Yeah, the scene on the "enemy country" base was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing. :D curious how do military men watch such films (as they can see more mistakes,I guess)

Surprisingly, pretty liked the new Jurassic world. Despite all the bad opinions, at least it was.. entertaining.

Also bought this "oh!..ah!..top gun Maverick! " and watched it. Very disappointed. A very weak,flat film. American flag is literally on every second there, just annoying.
P.S. I was on the "enemy-country" side in the end, all the heroes annoyed me that much :D

Yeah, the scene on the "enemy country" base was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing. :D curious how do military men watch such films (as they can see more mistakes,I guess)

Surprisingly, pretty liked the new Jurassic world. Despite all the bad opinions, at least it was.. entertaining.
a few former military people i know loved it, knowing it was filmed in actual planes so the actors were experiencing actual G forces etc

as for the american flag on everything...that's america, thats one of the way they show their patriotism...might seem over the top of some of us but form what ive seen its not exaggerated that much

did you like the original, almost identical vibe so id be surprised if there were many people that like the first and not the second, if anything for me it a surprise they conceded their planes weren't as good

Elvis.

Austin Butlin is excellent as the King of Rock n'roll. Film is a bit overlong though and drags in parts.

looking forward to

murder drama with Wes Anderson type vibes

I think it's more of a return to the original; should be a good laugh