• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Suspiria (2018)... WOW, this movie is super-weird... but I love me some weird so yeah I enjoyed. Plus, always worth watching any film Tilda Swinton is in... and she plays three different characters in this.

Probably just a cash-in and because of that... even as a life-long fan of the original, I struggled to 'feel' anything for this ... until they started to drip-feed the score in this trailer!

I am now fully on board... and here is to ego's once again writing cheques that bodies can't cash! :cool:

It: Chapter 2 looks awesome

That's actually the movie I'm most looking forward to this year (now that Endgame has already been and gone)... I'm avoiding the trailers though as I want to go in knowing as little as possible.

just saw the Top Gun trailer.....im in...as weird as tom cruise is in real life...him movies are fun to watch...even the bad ones

just saw the Top Gun trailer.....im in...as weird as tom cruise is in real life...him movies are fun to watch...even the bad ones

Yeah, but it won't be released until June 2020. Hollywood really running out of ideas now and cashing in on 80s Nostalgia.

It: Chapter 2 looks awesome
I'm super super hyped for this,
"It" is one of my favourite books and I loved the first film (as in the first chapter - the Tim Curry film was.....ok)

Went to a midnight screening for the first chapter but don't think I'm gonna be able to for this one, unfortunately :(

Seen a few films this week last Saturday I saw Yesterday, Wednesday I saw Toy Story 4 & tonight seeing The Lion King.

That trailer got me in the mood... so the mrs and I (careful :cool:) are sitting down to a Top Gun & Days of Thunder double bill!

So I don't know if any of y'all have been following Comic Con but there's been some pretty big drops over there if you're a Marvel (MCU) fan (& who the frikk isn't these days anyway?).

1. Endgame has passed Avatar as the biggest earner of all time.
2. Mahershala Ali has been cast as Blade!
3. MCU Fantastic 4 has been green-lit.
4. 'Some' Phase 4 movies have been announced (up until the end of 2021)... Doctor Strange & the Madness of the Multiverse, Shang Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings, Thor: Love & Thunder & The Eternals
5. The Disney+ shows are also considered 'Phase 4' (on the topic of which, Zemo is back for the WS&F show and the Hawkeye show based on the Matt Fraction run has been officially announced).

What a time to be a geek!

Edit. Feige also confirmed Black Panther 2, GotG3 and Captain Marvel 2 but there are no dates for them.

Last edited:
it was a big day for announcements, and they didn't pull any punches with spoilers, new thor, and introducing everyone and which characters they would play, both good and bad guys

"Alpha"

More than just a "boy and his dog" story. Cinematically outstanding, and a good, watchable and engaging story line. It has something really positive going for it too - it is not a sequel, or a prequel or a remake or a spin off, or part one of a multi part movie franchise.... it was a powerful, well told, stand alone drama!

WARNING: THERE BE SPOILERS HERE
The domestication of dogs had a powerful influence on the history of humanity. No-one knows for sure exactly how this came to happen. There will almost certainly be many different stories, scenarios and circumstances that lead to this taking place. A story like this, while fictional, could well have been among the many that have been lost on the mists of time.

Saw Toy Story 4, it's one of the few series that has been able to successfully have this many sequels without the quality dropping. Very impressive and it's amazing comparing the quality of the animation now to the first one.

Latest posts