• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

That Michael Leitch is a dead ringer. When I saw him flipping the tyre I thought they'd actually gotten him to be in the film.

Raging Bull (1980)
https://www.imdb.com/***le/tt0081398/

Brilliant film. For me, Scorsese's best. De Niro was marvelous. And Pesci was also great.

Le Mans 66. Very good and enjoyed it after getting a free ticket.

Watched "On the basis of sex" last night. Great movie about Associate Justice Ginsberg's battle for gender equality in the USA.
ginsburg doesn't get called out enough for her selfishness. She easily could have retired during the Obama administration and have been replaced by an equally progressive woman. She took a huge chance on democrats winning 2016 and now she's trying to outlive Republican administrations. Her work as a lawyer and judge is some of the most important in american history but she should have retired years ago.

Once upon a time in Hollywood... was 'slightly' on the fence about it with like 25 minutes to go (which surprised me as a fan of everything Tarantino has ever done) but the last 25 sealed the deal and I loved it. Brad Pitt's 'Clint' is up there with Tyler Durden as his best characters.

IT (2017)

MV5BZDVkZmI0YzAtNzdjYi00ZjhhLWE1ODEtMWMzMWMzNDA0NmQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzYzODM3Mzg@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

It was good. Some things i didn't like about it. But a good watch.

I.T. Chapter Two (2019)

MV5BYTJlNjlkZTktNjEwOS00NzI5LTlkNDAtZmEwZDFmYmM2MjU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

It was good, except the last 30 minutes were terrible. Nice ending though.

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood [2019]

MV5BOTg4ZTNkZmUtMzNlZi00YmFjLTk1MmUtNWQwNTM0YjcyNTNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

It was good in parts. That is all i will say.

So not seen the documentry on Netflix but Joe Rogan has a Paleo nutritionists on his show, talking about very interesting granted it's also biased in that both joe and Chris make money of meat stuff.

But it is interesting some of the claims Vegans make about performance and the term Vegan Honeymoon is interesting as when I see or hear people talking about how Veganism has made them feel so much better it is usually after a week to 6 months on the diet.

So not seen the documentry on Netflix but Joe Rogan has a Paleo nutritionists on his show, talking about very interesting granted it's also biased in that both joe and Chris make money of meat stuff.

But it is interesting some of the claims Vegans make about performance and the term Vegan Honeymoon is interesting as when I see or hear people talking about how Veganism has made them feel so much better it is usually after a week to 6 months on the diet.

You mean Game Changers? This podcast:https://open.spotify.com/episode/0AGLPtTL8XHIhCc3g4tk2i?si=iJx41czjT_CLIFm2lPx8QQ does a good discussion on it around 20 minutes in I think. Neither with any massive...steak...in terms of financial benefit either way. Short summary though, there's a number of decent to good reasons to go vegan. Most of the reasons presented in the documentary are not. If you're eating for athletic performance it's not the best diet either, even if there are outliers like Clarence Kennedy and Nate Diaz.

They also mention one of the reasons people tend to feel better is because those switching to vegan diets are mostly doing so from the average diet, which is crap. So it's not unexpected people who start eating healthier feel better.

Edit: Discussion starts at 26:40.

Last edited:
You mean Game Changers? This podcast:https://open.spotify.com/episode/0AGLPtTL8XHIhCc3g4tk2i?si=iJx41czjT_CLIFm2lPx8QQ does a good discussion on it around 20 minutes in I think. Neither with any massive...steak...in terms of financial benefit either way. Short summary though, there's a number of decent to good reasons to go vegan. Most of the reasons presented in the documentary are not. If you're eating for athletic performance it's not the best diet either, even if there are outliers like Clarence Kennedy and Nate Diaz.

They also mention one of the reasons people tend to feel better is because those switching to vegan diets are mostly doing so from the average diet, which is crap. So it's not unexpected people who start eating healthier feel better.

Edit: Discussion starts at 26:40.

Very good listen.
Also funny how James Cameron owns the $120 million worth of shares in the largest Pea Protein company...

I saw this film yesterday and it was great. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys good storytelling. And you don't have to be an auto racing fan to enjoy it. :cool:

ford-v-ferrari-onesheet-1-1559568904.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this film yesterday and it was great. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys good storytelling. And you don't have to be an auto racing fan to enjoy it. :cool:

ford-v-ferrari-onesheet-1-1559568904.jpg

Yeah it's called Le Mans 66 over here in the UK. Yeah I saw it after a work colleague got some free Preview tickets. Very good I thought.

Saw Knives Out. Was a pretty enjoyable ride. The end felt pretty underwhelming to me, but definitely give it a watch. In terms of a whodunnit it starts out super engaging and then tails away a bit towards the end. I won't get into details because it would be a huge spoiler, but it's set up that you know a twist is coming and it's more of a mild meander. I actually texted the person I saw it with my theory and it was no where near as convoluted as that in the end.
Daniel Craig is great in it as the gentleman detective as is Chris Evans as the black sheep, and Ana de Armas the main female lead is really good as well.
Loved the setting, acting, and tone of the whole movie. Some of it was really funny too. Not a bad effort from Johnson at all, and I'd love to see more movies in this vain made.

Latest posts