• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

The Irishman (2019)

MV5BMGUyM2ZiZmUtMWY0OC00NTQ4LThkOGUtNjY2NjkzMDJiMWMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,682,1000_AL_.jpg

Really good film. Was not impressed by Pacino. He played himself again. However, Pesci was wonderful. DeNiro always delivers.

The Irishman as well. I thought it was very good as well, but about half an hour too long. Great to see Scorsese, De Niro, Pesci and Al Pacino team up again.

IT (1990)

MV5BYjg1YTRkNzQtODgyYi00MTQ5LThiMDYtNDJjMWRjNTdjZDZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

This was a re-watch, but it's still awesome. Tim Curry was amazing.

51X1b%2Bjx8GL.jpg

Quite low budget yet surprisingly large number of big name actors. I wish they'd do more Discworld movies, ideally the town watch movies.

51X1b%2Bjx8GL.jpg

Quite low budget yet surprisingly large number of big name actors. I wish they'd do more Discworld movies, ideally the town watch movies.
Talk about low budget, that looks like a poster for a panto!

Saw Lion last night. A true story about an Indian boy who was accidentally separated from his mother aged 5, taken to an orphanage and then adopted by an Australian family, and his adult attempts to find his birth mother. Really moving film, I never cry at films but was bawling my eyes out, I'm about to be a father so I think the vulnerable child aspect touched a bit of a raw nerve...

Unfortunately - looks like it's going to hell in a handbasket.
Sir Ptery's daughter has already severed all ties, having initially been an executive producer :(
Unsure about that,

Rhianna hasn't been involved in years apparently. https://twitter.com/rhipratchett/status/1160201596950765572?lang=en

The 'official' twitter account appears on the face to still be on board.
https://twitter.com/terryandrob/status/1199301665284935680

Remains to be seen if its any good but most fans I know are 'trepid' but still okay with it.

Talk about low budget, that looks like a poster for a panto!

Saw Lion last night. A true story about an Indian boy who was accidentally separated from his mother aged 5, taken to an orphanage and then adopted by an Australian family, and his adult attempts to find his birth mother. Really moving film, I never cry at films but was bawling my eyes out, I'm about to be a father so I think the vulnerable child aspect touched a bit of a raw nerve...

Don't worry fella, not ashamed to admit that I also shed a few manly tears at the end. #manly tears.

Latest posts