• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I might have to watch it again at some point - probably after a while so I've forgotten a bunch of it.
I definitely wasn't in the right frame of mind for a slow burner (sleep deprivation + long haul flight =/= strong attention span).
I'm, generally, a big fan of Tarantino ('s films) so I should probably give it a fair shot.

After I learned he has a massive foot fetish all the shots of women's bare feet seem reeaallllyyyy tacked on though - like it got to the point I was laughing every time a girl showed her soles to the camera for generally no reason.

Just watched Prisoners, absolutely fantastic film, so ****** up and gripping til the end!

Prisoners is great love Gyllenhaal in it. He was on a brilliant run then. Thinking about it it really had an excellent cast and Villenvue was a really good director getting his shot. Should check out Sicario if you haven't seen it.

Just saw anchorman 2 on E4, the whole "the bat is the chicken of the cave" thing is slightly unfortunate at the moment...

Expecting trump to read and understand 2hrs of subtitles is asking way too much of him

Guarantee he's not seen it either way, he just wants to appeal to the racists in the crowd and also the north Korean government

Expecting Trump to read anything is asking too much. A reporter once asked him if he likes to read and he said no. He wings everything which is evident in his poor speech.

I don't know who is in charge of our local Netflix content, but this weekend they added the following movies to their list:

Outbreak
The Flu
World War Z

I don't know who is in charge of our local Netflix content, but this weekend they added the following movies to their list:

Outbreak
The Flu
World War Z

Pandemic is still trending top 10 in the UK!

I'm hitting the streaming services at the moment so a couple of random things I came across / caught up with:

Wild Rose. I half fancied it when I saw a cinema trailer for it. About a Weegie from the wrong sides of the tracks with aspirations of becomming a country singer. Well acted with enjoyable music, but a bit thin on plot. A pleasant enough way to spend 100 minutes with a wife with different tastes in cinema to me.

Supersize Me 2. Morgan Spurlock sets up his own chicken takeaway. Didn't enjoy it as much as the original, but it was still a good watch. The focus is a bit different this time, there's still coverage of the tricks of the restaurant trade, but also of the chicken farming industry in the states (Big Chicken) which won't come as too much of a surprise to anyone who watched the Rotten episode on chicken farming.

Just watched Prisoners, absolutely fantastic film, so ****** up and gripping til the end!
Prisoners is great love Gyllenhaal in it. He was on a brilliant run then. Thinking about it it really had an excellent cast and Villenvue was a really good director getting his shot. Should check out Sicario if you haven't seen it.
His great work IMO is Arrival but I also love 2049 and Sicario. Really interested to see what does with Dune.

His great work IMO is Arrival but I also love 2049 and Sicario. Really interested to see what does with Dune.

Yeah, I think Arrival is really good. Wasn't as mad on Blade Runner, thought it was good but it didn't meet the hype for me. Really looking forward to Dune, finished the book a while ago, and while it was somewhat underwhelming, I think there's good scope for a modern film from it. Especially with such a great cast.

I, Tonya. Reminded me in some ways of the Fighter. Both very good.

A bunch of Ghibli films have gone up on Netflix so I rewatched Spirited Away

I'm a huge Ghibli fan but I think it's comfortably their best and arguably my favourite animated film of all time.

Contagion. Strangely Prescient.
I'd always avoided this because disease-related films used to freak me out a bit, but I watched it when it was on ITV2 the other week and really enjoyed it.
Crazy how similar it is to what's happening now - right down to the bat origin.

I just watched COOL HAND LUKE. It's an American classic starring Paul Newman who plays inmate (Luke Jackson) in a Florida prison working on a chain gang before he escapes. "What we have here is a failure to communicate" is a famous line from the movie by Strother Martin who plays the warden.

MV5BOWFlNzZhYmYtYTI5YS00MDQyLWIyNTUtNTRjMWUwNTEzNjA0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
The Darkest Hour. Superb performance from Gary Oldman as Churchill.

Thinking of watching "The Disaster Artist" a film about the making of "The Room". If you don't know about the room, look it up. An artistic masterpiece for the times. The director and star actor Tommy Wiseau has created another treasure, see here:

The Darkest Hour. Superb performance from Gary Oldman as Churchill.
Opinion on the 'tube scene'? It seams to be a separation point between those who felt Oldman aside the film was balderdash and those who loved it.

I'm on the Balderdash side of the debate but I'm always interested in dissenting opinions.

---

Blinded by the Light - Its great even with subtle imagery after a race fight of a Thatcher relection poster with the words 'United Britain, Vote Conservative'.....still would of bee remiss not make some point of it considering the setting. Still its a great movie about discovering music and how it envelopes your world especially at the 16/17 age bracket.

Maze - Does well not to glorify/villainise either side of the troubles but it's very bland considering the material it had to work with. Without any background knowledge of the H-Blocks it's hardly worth the time.

Just Mercy - Class and utterly depressing.

Opinion on the 'tube scene'? It seams to be a separation point between those who felt Oldman aside the film was balderdash and those who loved it.

I'm on the Balderdash side of the debate but I'm always interested in dissenting opinions.

---

I didn't buy it and doubt it was true. But happy to be proven wrong if Churchill did ride on the London Underground.

I didn't buy it and doubt it was true. But happy to be proven wrong if Churchill did ride on the London Underground.
Oh it's it's absolutely 100% did not happen in the context of the movie.

Churchill did apparently go AWOL now and again and be found talking to the general public. So it's based on some truth.

Latest posts