• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Just watched it for the first time since it came out in 1981. It's 39 years later and I was once again amazed by this great movie. I'm a runner, so it has special meaning.

Chariots_of_fire.jpg

RIP Ennio Morricone. He wrote the wonderful scores to Cinema Paradiso, Once Upon a time in America, The Mission, the Good, the bad and the Ugly. One of the great Film Music composers.

Great movie, great cast. All I knew of Rian Johnson was Star Wars really, which was awful, but excited to see what he does next now.
He also did Looper which is pretty good even if the second time around it starts having issues with its logic if you think about too much.

PS The Last Jedi wasn't awful unlike Rise of Skywalker which honestly is a tyre fire, no I'm not getting into it again.

Watched this yesterday; Impractical Jokers: The Movie. Loved the TV show, mixed about the film, the storyline itself was pretty poor but the jokes played were excellent.

I watched this movie from 1964 on TV the other night. It's about a plague that kills everyone on Earth except Vincent Price. It's makes one wonder during this Covid-19 era were living in. The people that die from the plague turn into vampires, except they act more like zombies (slow speaking & slow moving). They have to be staked and burned to really die.

1597758244193.png

Seen these two in the last 24 hours:

21 Bridges:

Chadwick Boseman is hrust into a citywide manhunt for a pair of cop killers, a disgraced NYPD detective (Boseman) uncovers a massive conspiracy resulting in closure of Manhattan's all 21 bridges to prevent any entry or exit from the iconic island. Really enjoyed it. Saw it advertised a lot on the web. Didn't disappoint. Solid film.

Project Power

Wasn't 100% sold on this. All about a former soldier who teams up with a cop to find the source behind a dangerous pill that provides temporary superpowers. . Watched it as Casey Neistat had talked about it in one of his YouTube videos. Worth a possible watch.

Watched this yesterday; Impractical Jokers: The Movie. Loved the TV show, mixed about the film, the storyline itself was pretty poor but the jokes played were excellent.

I'm a long time fan of the show, but I wasn't impressed with the movie.

Tenet

Sadly a dud, think the people who think it's complicated are overthinking it too much it's just not that interesting visually or plotwise. Everything else is good but without an interesting plot it's hard to hook into anything else.

Tenet

Sadly a dud, think the people who think it's complicated are overthinking it too much it's just not that interesting visually or plotwise. Everything else is good but without an interesting plot it's hard to hook into anything else.
That's disappointing, I've been looking forward to it for quite a while now.

Will still definitely be watching it though.

That's disappointing, I've been looking forward to it for quite a while now.

Will still definitely be watching it though.
It has blown some people away even I'm little unsure why. The same way as I was baffled that anyone thought RoS was anything but badly edited nightmare of a film.

It has blown some people away even I'm little unsure why. The same way as I was baffled that anyone thought RoS was anything but badly edited nightmare of a film.

the Graund had two reviews on it. One gave is 5/5 stars and the other gave is 2/5 stars. Not seen it myself yet, but probably sums up the split. I will still watch it because I do like Nolan's films. But yeh temper my expectation now.

Latest posts