Bully
Sleeping dogs (on Olyy suggestion)

Think I will give RE7 a miss.....

The psn Jan sales this year have been pretty good
Rise of the tomb raider
The Warriors
Bully
Sleeping dogs (on Olyy suggestion)

Shock horror games really bug me these days. I'm more of a fan of Silent Hill, Fatal Frame etc where the fear is pervasive and doesnt rely on something jumping out at you.

For Monster Hunter fans, Toukiden 2 just got a March release date on PS4 and PC. (Also Vita but who the **** even owns one)

Last edited:
Just got my For honor Beta.

Shock horror games really bug me these days. I'm more of a fan of Silent Hill, Fatal Frame etc where the fear is pervasive and doesnt rely on something jumping out at you.

For Monster Hunter fans, Toukiden 2 just got a March release date on PS4 and PC. (Also Vita but who the **** even owns one)

Watching RE7 I think it might be up your street.

There are almost certainly going to be jump-scares, but I don't think it'll lean too heavily on them.

The demo seemed very promising to me, and I think it could be argued there wasn't a single proper jump-scare in it.

Thoughts on for honor?

I like the concept BUT I just can't see myself playing it too often and also wonder how big the community will be in it.

What has been Ubisofts problem? 10 or so years ago they where producing great games.
Now they just seems to be creating great concept games with little backbone on the whole. (The division had so much potential)

Last edited:
They copypasta huge chunks of mechanics in their games - you know when you're playing an UBI game.

I finished Blood & Wine DLC for Witcher 3 last night, one of the best storylines in a game that I've played in the past 10 years.

Brilliant!

Yiss... the entire Witcher series is exceptional.

Really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

Thoughts on for honor?

I like the concept BUT I just can't see myself playing it too often and also wonder how big the community will be in it.

What has been Ubisofts problem? 10 or so years ago they where producing great games.
Now they just seems to be creating great concept games with little backbone on the whole
. (The division had so much potential)
About right. They're just cashing in on their big ***les like Assassin's Creed, Far Cry etc and churning out crappy unfinished games. Like you say a lot of their concepts are well formed, but the games themselves are like lakes with the depth of a puddle on release (((((Watchdogs))))). Add to that crappy DRM, microtransactions, ****ty bundles and really misleading gameplay footage, and they're getting to the lofty heights of EA crap.

Yiss... the entire Witcher series is exceptional.

Really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.
I think the first two are 'average' for a good RPG, I for instance wouldn't rate them higher than most Bioware offering from the Mass Effect or Dragon Age series which I find a lot better.

Witcher 3 on the other hand is exceptional and pretty much threw the gauntlet down to anything being made since. I'm very interested to see what Bioware do with Andromeda as whilst Dragon Age:Inquisition was not poor is pales in comparison to Witcher 3 which took that style of RPG to a new level.
I struggle to think of a game that blew me away as much Witcher 3 did since probably the first Mass Effect.

I think the first two are 'average' for a good RPG, I for instance wouldn't rate them higher than most Bioware offering from the Mass Effect or Dragon Age series which I find a lot better.

Witcher 3 on the other hand is exceptional and pretty much threw the gauntlet down to anything being made since. I'm very interested to see what Bioware do with Andromeda as whilst Dragon Age:Inquisition was not poor is pales in comparison to Witcher 3 which took that style of RPG to a new level.
I struggle to think of a game that blew me away as much Witcher 3 did since probably the first Mass Effect.

Agreed, I liked the atmosphere of the first two games but the gameplay wasn't that great. Much better gameplay and even better story during Witcher 3.

Bloody hell it felt like a book epilogue when I finished it. All the feels! (it also helps that I recently got a 1070 so could play it on such amazing graphics)

I was a big fan of first Dragon Age, the others were very 'meh' to me. Mass Effect 2 was a masterpiece though.

About right. They're just cashing in on their big ***les like Assassin's Creed, Far Cry etc and churning out crappy unfinished games. Like you say a lot of their concepts are well formed, but the games themselves are like lakes with the depth of a puddle on release (((((Watchdogs))))). Add to that crappy DRM, microtransactions, ****ty bundles and really misleading gameplay footage, and they're getting to the lofty heights of EA crap.

Basically I Ubisoft hay day was the PS2/Xbox really, with odd games like AC 2/Brotherhood and South Park being recent favourites. They do a Goosen with the E3 footage etc also raising hype to a level they can never reach.
Division, WD and Seige being the main examples so much hype and then so much hate.

As a company they really **** me off. (Damn French Canadians ;) )

Witcher 3 is how a modern game should be.

Main game as a complete game.
Free micro DLC
Expansion packs that actually have a proper story line and reasonably priced.

On top of it being an amazing storyline.

As opposed to
Main game as half a complete game.
£ for micro DLC
Expansion packs are used to complete game as opposed to adding to it.

I hate the practice of creating a full game and chopping stuff off it to add later under the disguise of expansion packs.

I quite like For Honor.
Only played about 10mins, mind, so not sure how samey it'll get, but I love a good hack and slack and I like the angled combat - hopefully we see that coming into Elder Scrolls games. Mount & Blade style sword fighting + Elder Scrolls would be tip top.

Mass Effect had a great story with pretty decent gameplay, but the roleplaying aspects of it were pretty poor. The dialogue tree presented the illusion of choice rather than actual choice; although there were a few options, there was nearly always a 'right' option (the paragon/renegade options). You were forced down the "good" or "evil" path because maxing one of those paths led to desirable outcomes. Also, few decisions in the game had meaningful repercussions; a decision made earlier in the game rarely changed things later in the game. Apparently Mass Effect: Andromeda is moving away from the paragon/renegade system which will make the series much better.

The Witcher series, on the other hand (I haven't played Witcher 3, but I'm assuming it will follow the other two), is about as good as I have ever seen a game at the roleplaying aspect of an RPG.

People saying Witcher 2 isn't phenomenal are weirdos.

I'm hoping ME:A harks back to KOTOR more.

Last edited:
I quite like For Honor.
Only played about 10mins, mind, so not sure how samey it'll get, but I love a good hack and slack and I like the angled combat - hopefully we see that coming into Elder Scrolls games. Mount & Blade style sword fighting + Elder Scrolls would be tip top.

And on that note, I am really quite looking forward to Bannerlord getting its release date and coming out this year. For Honor does look quite good, but it just feels a bit shallow to me.

Snagged This War of Mine on ps plus. Great little game, although combat is frustrating as hell if you get outgunned.

Latest posts