• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

Did wonder about that,
It's Skyrim I've more got my eye on - though I begrudge paying £25 for something so old/that I already own on PC (and that was in their Black Friday sale)

I'd completely forgotten about BotW - I think probably because i've never played a Zelda game before (we were a Sega household, so Megadrive/Dreamcast and then Playstation instead of SNES/N64/Gamecube)

Literally heard nothing but good things about it, though, so sounds like my next purchase
Keep an eye on eBay discount codes. I'm a massive nit about finding the best price for things, so was gutted to find out that I could have got 10% or 15% off the £45ish that I took from the Curry's/PC World eBay store on Friday night. At least I'll have a happy step-son on Christmas Day!

Edit: couldn't get the 15% one to work and the 10% one was for Cyber Monday only. You could try and set up a Hot UK Deals alert and try and jump on a bargain, failing that the Curry's eBay price of £45 is the best I'm aware of.

I think Skyrim is the only game of theirs I've played (the last time I played Doom, it was iD Software's). Given the size of the game, I can understand there being bugs at release time, but the fact that they were still there when I played it 10 years later, it suggests that there's not a lot of appetite for fixing them (unless the Anniversary Edition mods make an attempt). I could understand as a business decision leaving it to third parties to fix, but if this was the case, surely a way could be found to avoid mods breaking the achievements (without messing with other achievements).

Based on the above and on Cyberpunk 2077, it seems like there's a case for adding Rockstar and CD Projekt Red to the list of developers to beware of.
I played on the switch so a re release years after the original release and went looking for some of the more funny glitches...almost all were fixed, i just think there is little appetite to fix some for players that have already bought it...because they dont get any more money so i do get it

I played on the switch so a re release years after the original release and went looking for some of the more funny glitches...almost all were fixed, i just think there is little appetite to fix some for players that have already bought it...because they dont get any more money so i do get it
That's interesting. I was playing the Special Edition, which was only released a year or so before the Switch edition. Maybe they did a bit more bug fixing for the Switch, knowing that users wouldn't have mods available to them. Or maybe I encountered more because my playthrough was IRO 250 hours (thanks for the good times lockdown 3). IIRC everything I encountered and Googled had a wiki documenting it, but maybe they were lesser known bugs. I don't remember any of them having a significant effect on my enjoyment other than the frustration of alt-tabbing out to check I wasn't being an idiot and find a work around.

Witcher runs ok on the Switch, but there is no greater joy than playing it whilst on the toilet.

I'd definitely recommend getting into Breath of the Wild before the sequel which is released next year.

I love playing Mario Kart online against others, especially when I'm slightly intoxicated, as I seem to race better.

There should definitely be a Rugby Forum Mario Kart 8 Deluxe league

@Gavin agreed, switch has been a great little machine and they have done a pretty good job releasing "old" games on ti to keep the interest up, witcher was pretty much faultless but BotW 2 cant come soon enough though

easily had +200 hours each on skyrim, witcher, BotW and even Kotor is going to take me longer than i thought

@Gavin agreed, switch has been a great little machine and they have done a pretty good job releasing "old" games on ti to keep the interest up, witcher was pretty much faultless but BotW 2 cant come soon enough though

easily had +200 hours each on skyrim, witcher, BotW and even Kotor is going to take me longer than i thought
GOG tells me Iv'e logged 333 hours in Witcher 3, and I still only have 60% of the achievements. I don't know if it counts time that I was alt-tabbed out of the game though, so that may be overselling it. I think I might go for another playthrough and try and tick off some of the remaining 40%. I might even brave Death March.

GOG tells me Iv'e logged 333 hours in Witcher 3, and I still only have 60% of the achievements. I don't know if it counts time that I was alt-tabbed out of the game though, so that may be overselling it. I think I might go for another playthrough and try and tick off some of the remaining 40%. I might even brave Death March.
i dont think it does, i think it is only time in game ;) i didn't do all the chest in skelige.....just couldn;t be bother sailing around and by that point in the story i had better gear and more money than i was going to find in chests

have you done the DLC's too? Blood and wine is like a whole nother game

qwent? do you play? thats the only outstanding quest i have

i dont think it does, i think it is only time in game ;) i didn't do all the chest in skelige.....just couldn;t be bother sailing around and by that point in the story i had better gear and more money than i was going to find in chests

have you done the DLC's too? Blood and wine is like a whole nother game

qwent? do you play? thats the only outstanding quest i have
Apparently not! I remember starting it, but couldn't remember if I finished or not. It turns out that I still had it installed (I've always had it in mind to have another playthrough), so just checked. I remember the amount of sailing being tedious, I don't think I ever consciously decided not to bother, it's just that they were still outstanding when my enthusiasm fizzled out. Some of the islands are completely cleared, so I must have started wirking my way through it.

When I play it next (after I tire of RDR2) I'm definately going to start a new playthrough. A quick look around made me realise that I've forgotten almost everything about the game's mechanics in the year or so since I last played it! On that basis, I think a Death March playthrough will have to go on ice.

I bought the GOTY edition during one of our lockdowns, so got the DLC too. Somehow the graphics in Blood and Wine seemed better and I was amazed how much content it contained. I couldn't shake a bit of an "after the Lord Mayor's show" feel to it, but it was still a pleasant surprise having found Heart of Stone a bit meh. FWIW, I've just started the RDR2 epilogue. I know it's not DLC, but could easily have been and I really like the way if works like a new game with the same mechanics in the same world, with callbacks to the main game, rather than trying to bring an already completed game back to life.

IIRC I've had about one and a third playthroughs of W3, because I restarted my first playthrough when I realised how many stupid things I'd done. One of which was ignoring Gwent. I took it pretty seriously on my main playthrough, but still have four Gwent achievments left outstanding (get all Skellige cards, win with 187+ deck, win the tournament and get all cards in the base version). I'll be taking it super seriously in my next playthrough and trying to tick these four off my outstanding list.

E6811A7A-A2BE-43FD-8C85-F886311CC46C.jpegWas in town earlier today in CEX and these are the current PS5 second hand prices.:eek: Still way above a brand new one. IIRC it was around 850 a year ago.

Still, is it worth it especially as most of the games out there for PS5 are still limited and almost all the games CEX were selling were PS4 games.

Personally, I am willing to wait until I can buy and play on a 55inch plus 4K HDR tv.

I've accepted I won't be buying a ps5 until next summer at earliest, doesn't make that much of a difference for the games I play.

I finally bought a racing wheel so I've been playing asseto corsa, f1 2021, and project cars 2. Riders republic is the only controller game I've been playing and it's a blast, just exploring through mountain biking and skiing.

That's why I'm happy I don't buy sports games anymore. Paying $60 every year for multiple ***les was a bit much.

That's why I'm happy I don't buy sports games anymore. Paying $60 every year for multiple ***les was a bit much.
An EA Play subscription has been worth its weight in gold for me, for that

Get last years FIFA/Madden/NFL/NBA games (plus a bunch more) for about £20 a year
Bargain IMO

I've accepted I won't be buying a ps5 until next summer at earliest, doesn't make that much of a difference for the games I play.

I finally bought a racing wheel so I've been playing asseto corsa, f1 2021, and project cars 2. Riders republic is the only controller game I've been playing and it's a blast, just exploring through mountain biking and skiing.
I bought an Oculus Quest 2 last year and a wheel and pedals. Playing Dirt rally in VR is amazing, properly knackering and you finish a stage feeling like you've been in a fight.

The depth perception into the corners is a massive game changer.

I bought an Oculus Quest 2 last year and a wheel and pedals. Playing Dirt rally in VR is amazing, properly knackering and you finish a stage feeling like you've been in a fight.

Vr is way down on my wishlist for now but maybe one day.

I can't drive rally in any game to save my life. Which sucks cause I'd like to give dirt track when my buddy takes a race week off. Carting makes the muscles in my fingers burn cause of the constant turning but yeah my back is knackered after a 100% race in almost any series.

Do you get any motion sickness?

Not really, but I've never suffered from motion sickness in cars or boats either.

Sitting down it's fine, but if you're stood up and the image starts to wander it can make you feel a bit dizzy and queazy.

Been playing Mafia Definitive Edition and it is superb,
Not played the original since I was about 13, so it feels like a whole new game

Such a shame Rockstar cheaper out and remastered, rather than remade, the GTA trilogy for their Definitive Editions,
Guess it leaves the door open for them to release remakes in a few years time and bleed more money from the fanbase, the money hungry bar stewards
Started Mafia 2 definitive today, just as good

Even though I already have the original Mafia 3 I'll inevitably end up getting the definitive too - it's got all the DLC (which I've not played) and it means if I ever get my hands on a PS5 I can play the upscaled version(s) on that (all three are upscaled for next gen, I believe)

Latest posts