• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

Anyone played Conan exiles?

I was just googling open world games and thought it looked interested but got very mixed reviews.
I only played like half hour of it but really really hated it.
In it's defence, though, I didn't really give it a fair shot (it was a free ps+ game) and I've seen a lot of people really enjoy it

Have my Nintendo Switch ordered.

Perfect timing - I've been wanting one for a while but put off by the cost of the games. Was considering biting the bullet on payday so had a quick look around and they're sold out everywhere and they're going for £400+ on Game's marketplace.
There's a few Lites knocking about but I'd rather the full console (for the local multiplayer).

I only played like half hour of it but really really hated it.
In it's defence, though, I didn't really give it a fair shot (it was a free ps+ game) and I've seen a lot of people really enjoy it

Perfect timing - I've been wanting one for a while but put off by the cost of the games. Was considering biting the bullet on payday so had a quick look around and they're sold out everywhere and they're going for £400+ on Game's marketplace.
There's a few Lites knocking about but I'd rather the full console (for the local multiplayer).
I ordered mine from Curry's, was the best deal I could find here as all the shops were sold out. Got here in a few days. You're right to hold out for the real deal, it's seriously good.

Was considering biting the bullet on payday so had a quick look around and they're sold out everywhere and they're going for £400+ on Game's marketplace.

Same. Made my peace with pulling the trigger last night but couldn't find one for anywhere near RRP. It seems daft to get a Lite for the sake of £100. Tempted to pre-order one on Amazon so that I'm at least in the queue.

As it is, my gaming options are a mid range Android phone, an RPI 3 and an old laptop. :( I'm currently in the process of setting up RetroArch on the old laptop.

Shogun 2 is probably your best bet for an older one, plus the 2 big expansions gives you 3 campaigns.
Yeah I was thinking of that one being the best bet for my PC, probably my least favourite time period available though. I have a few other things to get through before I need to decide anyway!

Finished FF7, now onto FF8 god the junction system sucks donkey balls.

Been playing a bunch more of the Yakuza remaster - really enjoying it, solid RPG with fun fight mechanics. Will likely pick up the next one (I believe they've remastered all the ones that aren't available on current gen?) one when I've completed this.

Played a few rounds of COD: Warzone - decent enough but nothing really sets it apart from any other battle royale game.

Sniper Elite 4 - way better than I expected. Basically open world - you're dropped into a decent sized map area with a list of objectives and it's up to you how to complete them. The slow-mo/x-ray sniper shots are worth a play alone.

Got DBZ: Kakarot arrived in the next few days and the weeb in me is very excited for that.

Was having a look through my PS+ back catalogue and I've accumulated a ton of games that I've not played yet - Uncharted Trilogy (with rumours that 4 is next months free game), Last of Us, Shaow of the Colossus, Bioshock Collection (some of my faves ever), Arkham Knight, Nioh, Bloodborne. I wouldn't mind downloading/playing Mad Max again as well - really fun game up until the late game where it gets very repetitive (each map zone is basically just a reskin, all the same objectives etc. so by the third area it's a bit boring).
Should see me through lockdown nicely (though saying that I'll inevitably just play NFL20 and Rocket League).

Mount and Blade 2 came out yesterday in early access. Haven't been able to play a huge amount into it due to work, but it's looking good as a sequel.

Mount and Blade 2 came out yesterday in early access. Haven't been able to play a huge amount into it due to work, but it's looking good as a sequel.

Have you seen the Spiffing Brit exploiting the living bejeezus out of that game?

I've just started Jedi Fallen Order. Visuals are stunning and the combat is already the most uncompromising I've played. I died twice just in the "tutorial" part of the game. All graphics on epic makes my computer run a wee bit hotter than normal. The intro mission was kinda OTT last minute surviving certain death stuff that doesn't really do it for me but it looked pretty incredible.

I recommend Octopath Traveller if you want to get your JRPG on.

Breath of the Wild and Mario Oddesy are good shouts as well

good shouts, Mario kart obviously too

as mentioned earlier, still going with Witcher 3, Final Fantasy 7 remake out and is supposed to be awesome

Have my Nintendo Switch ordered. Supposed to come tomorrow or Friday. Honestly don't understand it that well, but looking forward to playing some of the games they have on it. Got Pokemon with the thing. Separated from my XBOX as she's down in Cork and I'm in Dublin but we'll be together again soon. I would tear armies down to be with you babe, us against the world. Ahem anyway hoping to play some COD Warzone when I have the XBOX back. Looks pretty fun, if very frustrating BR.
Played some Town of Salem with mates the other night. Good craic for a few hours.

what games did you pick up?

good shouts, Mario kart obviously too

as mentioned earlier, still going with Witcher 3, Final Fantasy 7 remake out and is supposed to be awesome

what games did you pick up?
Currently just Pokemon which I finished (pretty poor compared to the other ones) and animal crossing. Will probably buy Zelda later as that's the main reason I got the switch! Never owned a Nintendo console before so it's all new!

Currently just Pokemon which I finished (pretty poor compared to the other ones) and animal crossing. Will probably buy Zelda later as that's the main reason I got the switch! Never owned a Nintendo console before so it's all new!
So you've never played Zelda? It's a good one! Have to get Mario kart too then

Zelda is incredible and definitely the best game on the Switch.

I have Animal Crossing, but find it a slog and grind. It's very laid back and feel I should be smoking pot when playing it.

Don't forget there are two dlcs for Zelda if they didn't come automatically with it

Honestly I've sunk so many hours into DBZ: Kakarot it's crazy,
If you ever watched DBZ as a kid then I'd really recommend playing it, blends RPG and combat perfectly

Other than that I've been smashing rocket league and UFC 3 (online) quite a bit.
Few rounds of COD warzone here and there but (as before) it doesn't grip me as much as, say, a Battlefield game does. I think it's the 1 and done nature of battle royale games that doesn't interest me as much these days.
I still love Counterstrike but the repeated respwans of the battlefield franchise has spoiled FPS multiplayer for me

I got ghost recon breakpoint. I used to love ghost recon games but it seems they are doing all in their power to destroy what was good about them.

I feel that these days maybe I'm getting old but why does no game these days have a tutorial, so many things I've had to google which aren't explained at all.

Immersive mode has improved it but the game is confused as to what it is, a shooter, a stealth an RPG.

Not overly impressed so far.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla throws players axe-first into ninth-century England, an age of warring kingdoms and Viking conquest. As Eivor, a fierce Viking raider, you'll lead your clan to build a new home amid England's fractured dominions. Launching Holiday 2020 on PS5 and Xbox Series X, as well as PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia, Assassin's Creed Valhalla will let you raid, conquer, and fight for glory in a mysterious, brutal new land.

In Assassin's Creed Valhalla, nearly every decision you make will have lasting effects throughout the world. Violence won't be your only tactic for getting what you want; a silver tongue can be as effective as a steel sword when it comes to finding a home for your people. Shifting England's balance of power and expanding your influence through diplomacy will likely make you more friends than brute force. Every political alliance you build, combat strategy you employ, and dialogue choice you make will alter your journey.

You wouldn't be a Viking raider without raids, and Assassin's Creed Valhalla lets you lead surprise longship attacks to pillage enemy territories for much-needed resources, or launch massive assaults against rival Saxon strongholds. Raids will be more action-packed and brutal than anything Assassin's Creed has seen before, thanks to a visceral new combat system that lets you bash, dismember, and decapitate your foes. Eivor will be able to dual-wield axes, swords, and even shields against the greatest variety of enemy types ever seen in Assassin's Creed. And if you want to mix it up, the return of the Hidden Blade allows Eivor to assassinate targets with deadly precision.

Playable as female or male, Eivor leads a clan of Norse people across the icy North Sea to flee Norway's endless war and dwindling resources. If they hope to survive, they'll have to build a new home in the hostile lands of England. There, you'll provide for yourself and your people by constructing, customizing, and upgrading your settlement with new buildings like barracks, blacksmiths, and tattoo parlors, all while recruiting new members to grow your clan.

Oh ****, sounds incredible.

Latest posts