• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What happened to these guys....

rugbywriter

Academy Player
Gavin Henson? Is he still injured or what?

Ben Atiga? He was such a promising player. Where's he dissapeared to?

Andy Sheridan and Phil Vickery. Have these guys retired?

Michalak? Haven't heard of him in a while.

Damien Traille?

Cedric Heymans?

Yannick Nyanga?

Henson had some pretty bad injuries yes, but it seems that it's mainly a mental problem with Gav. Now that him and the missus have broken it off perhaps we'll see him back or perhaps he'll go the other way. An enigma of the highest order.

Sheridan has had alot of injury problems yes. He's still not back playing as far as I know. Olyys the man to ask, he's at his club after all. Vickery on the other hand is too crap to allow back into the international arena.

I think Michalakis still at Toulouse but is injured or something.

Traille and Heymans are still around the French team but what with the immense pool of talent available to Marc Lievermont, neither is certain of starting.

Nyanga... well you have stumped.I presume he's injured but haven't heard anything out of him since about 2008. Anyway, Thierry Dusautoir is a far superior player.

Henson is on unpaid leave to fully recover from troublesome groin/ankle injuries. Possibility of him returning next season, although that's all gone quiet again now.

Sheridan dislocated his shoudler a number of months ago. Was a bad injury, but should be back soon enough.

Michalak was playing in the Super 14 last season. Playing more scrum half nowerdays.

Traille has been a majour part of Biarritz's team this season, but was injured in the game against the Ospreys in the HC quarter final.

Hesn't Heymans retired from international rugby? Still a big player at club level.

Not sure about Nyanga either. One of the French posters will have to confirm what's happened to him.

Yeah Sheridan really badly dislocated his shoulder. Isntead of popping out it smashed through the bone, then when he had surgery on it they realised he had to have surgery on the other one as well. He's back in "light training" now and expected to take part in preseason games

Didn't Vickery injure his neck recently, requiring surgery? I vaguely remember something along those lines. Wouldn't be surprised if he retired this summer to be honest, his forms been slipping, and he's been picking up a lot of injuries recently

Apparently he retired in 2007 to start a business, but resigned for Aukland/Blues in April

Henson is on unpaid leave to fully recover from troublesome groin/ankle injuries. Possibility of him returning next season, although that's all gone quiet again now.

Sheridan dislocated his shoudler a number of months ago. Was a bad injury, but should be back soon enough.

Michalak was playing in the Super 14 last season. Playing more scrum half nowerdays.

Traille has been a majour part of Biarritz's team this season, but was injured in the game against the Ospreys in the HC quarter final.

Hesn't Heymans retired from international rugby? Still a big player at club level.

Not sure about Nyanga either. One of the French posters will have to confirm what's happened to him.

Heymans is still playing for Toulouse and has not retired from Test Rugby but he's no more as sharp as he used to be and Lièvremont prefers calling other players. Heymans is in the Baabaa side whicjh played England last Sunday and will play Ireland next week-end. He should retire after the RWC if he manages to get called.

Michalak and Nyanga crushed their knee ligaments and should be back next season.

No one knows what ever happened to Atiga?

Yeah Atiga went straight from high school to professional rugby and just got sick of it. He never really got to live a life.
So he just threw rugby in all together and got a job, i think hes coming back to play NPC rugby though.

Yeah Atiga went straight from high school to professional rugby and just got sick of it. He never really got to live a life.
So he just threw rugby in all together and got a job, i think hes coming back to play NPC rugby though.

I heard a rumor he was a possibly being picked up by the Osprays a while back. He played in this years NPC.

Latest posts