• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What happens in South Africa with the white population?

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
South Africa is the rape capitol of the world, true. But there are 50 million people (or close to that) living in SA. Of course bad things happen, but the people talking about white genocide and reverse Apartheid are exaggerating a bit.

There are certain laws like BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) which give blacks more chances of getting certain jobs but overall, it's a great country to live in, even when you're white.

It's a tough topic, Conrad.

Crime is rampant and violent crime at that but white people aren't the only targets. Yes, there is a disproportional ratio of crime against white farm owners and I am sure that a big part of it is in fact hate crime but personally I think a large part of it is that they are soft targets in that they are very isolated and with the government not allowing them to effectively defend themselves (the komando system being outlawed and de-arming to some degree being sweet cake for conspiracy theorists) they are left for the wolves. In saying that gang violence in the Cape townships and tribal violence in the more rural black communities are rife with violent crime as well. Violence against women is a great concern but it's not only white women who are the targets there again. I am not sure of the numbers though.

As for a concept of 'reverse apartheid'... I don't know. I believe that affirmative action laws and black economic empowerment along with the land reforms are only hurting SA and these have impacted me personally but ironically loopholes in these systems work against the aims of uplifting the black population and what you see is a handful of black people get very rich while the poor just get poorer while job creation seems stemmied by these laws. A lot of time black companies get tenders but get in white people as consultants and the white people actually make more money as private consultants than as employees. The net effecct is that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Ther is no more a middle class for either race.

Overall, if you are smart and opportunistic or work for small companies that don't need to adhere to reform laws there is no reason why you can't prosper. WRT crime.. you just need to know what places to avoid, take care and hope and work towards a safer life for all. I myself have been burgled just about once every year and have had 2 cars stolen but you learn to deal with it.

My major concern for SA is dropping standards in education.

Yup to what both Zeke and Stormer has said.

The killing of white people are mostly farmers who's farms are close or nearby a rural township. I had a case study about this last year about land reformation and the alienation of immovable property for one of my law subjects. The case study was a hypothetical one where they discussed that the farm killings was a way for the Government to get the white people off the farms so that the Government can give it back to the black people without compensation. Needless to say, this is not true. And since 2012 land reformation has been downscaled tremendously. There is also a tendency now where the White farmer gives a small portion of his farm to his black workers for them to prosper, and he even builds them nice living quarters to strengthen the bond between employer and employee.

The murder and rape stats are very disconcerting, but most of these acts happen in the rural areas where there isn't a high count of educated people, and it's also where the most jobless people as well as illegal immigrants live.

In my hometown, Polokwane, which is the biggest city closest to the Zimbabwe and Botswana borders, most crimes are committed by Zimbabwean illegal immigrants.

I'm with Stormer on the big concern of education. As this is the backbone of decreasing crimes and increasing jobs and making the country a better place.

- omg omg this thread is so racist, you're all so racist, omg omg. Homophobic, sexist, backwards and racist. Racism and such racist things, race.

- but we're talking facts...

- racism and racist things racial race ist, ism ism, what is this the Middle Ages ? OK Adolf Hitler, whatever talk to the hand, fascist totalitarianism. And the racisms too, also.

Conrad, check your links. Spearhead is a racist magazine from BNP members, the second link... Well, the web address says it all. Both sites have an agenda, and it is quite obvious the way things are skewed there. Find an actual legitimate source and we can talk.

Out of curiosity it took a look at jobs in my field in South Africa. Only positions open were for "previously disadvantaged individuals". Guess my training doesn't matter, eh? No problem getting a job in Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania for me, by the looks of it.

Well White South Africans are fleeing the country. I think that tells you all you need to know.

Well White South Africans are fleeing the country. I think that tells you all you need to know.

hah. I like that. Short n sweet. But could Saffas back this up ?
Also screw you and your team, please, thank you very much.

Last year, when the Pumas played in Soweto against Boks, an Argentine journalist said several people had warned them of the danger of the place for white people. Then, they were all together in a caravan to the stadium. Argentine journalists and supporters, with The Pumas bus and many cops. Is it really so dangerous that area for white people or is it an exaggeration?

South Africa is the rape capitol of the world, true. But there are 50 million people (or close to that) living in SA. Of course bad things happen, but the people talking about white genocide and reverse Apartheid are exaggerating a bit.

There are certain laws like BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) which give blacks more chances of getting certain jobs but overall, it's a great country to live in, even when you're white.

Where do you live? Netherlands or SA?

Conrad, check your links. Spearhead is a racist magazine from BNP members, the second link... Well, the web address says it all. Both sites have an agenda, and it is quite obvious the way things are skewed there. Find an actual legitimate source and we can talk.

Out of curiosity it took a look at jobs in my field in South Africa. Only positions open were for "previously disadvantaged individuals". Guess my training doesn't matter, eh? No problem getting a job in Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania for me, by the looks of it.

Sorry, I have little information on the subject. So the situation of: "Boer Genocide" in SA is an exaggeration of Far-right groups?

Yeah, I heard something like: "The New Great Trek". Many Afrikaners go to countries like: UK, Canada, USA, Australia and others. I heard that many doctors in UK are afrikaners, nearly two million whites left SA because of the high crime rate and the policy of positive discrimination in favor of blacks. Then, SA has less white and this is increasingly being reduced. Before SA had 5 million whites, now some say it even hasn't 3 million whites. This is true?

Last edited:
hah. I like that. Short n sweet. But could Saffas back this up ?
Also screw you and your team, please, thank you very much.

I think that has stagnated a bit.

In the late 1990's and early 2000's a lot of people were fleeing, as profitius put it. But now, I think it has dampened down a bit. You still get people that does immigrate to other countries for the purpose of getting away of crime. but how is that different from people fleeing other countries like Zimbabwe, Somalia and Nigeria to our shores? it's a bit of an African theme nowadays.

I think the majority who does leave now, is because of work related issues. My brother for instance is a Chartered Accountant at PWC, and he has the opportunity to pick between Canada, USA and England to go and work for around 3 years if he wants to.

What people are not thinking about is that our Tertiary institutions are still top-class, while our secondary and primary schools are decreasing in quality. for instance, with my Law degree, when I graduate, I can go and work in Canada, UK, Australia and even New Zealand, as our justice systems are based on nearly the same principles.

In my brother's case, he just has to learn the other countries tax laws to work there.

Many of our Engineers gets work abroad, and a lot of them are based in the UAE.

This thread is going to be absolutely zero craic.

I made some questions. I'm still waiting for answers:

Last year, when the Pumas played in Soweto against Boks, an Argentine journalist said several people had warned them of the danger of the place for white people. Then, they were all together in a caravan to the stadium. Argentine journalists and supporters, with The Pumas bus and many cops. Is it really so dangerous that area for white people or is it an exaggeration?

So the situation of: "Boer Genocide" in SA is an exaggeration of Far-right groups?

I heard something like: "The New Great Trek". Many Afrikaners go to countries like: UK, Canada, USA, Australia and others. I heard that many doctors in UK are afrikaners, nearly two million whites left SA because of the high crime rate and the policy of positive discrimination in favor of blacks. Then, SA has less white and this is increasingly being reduced. Before SA had 5 million whites, now some say it even hasn't 3 million whites. This is true?

I think that has stagnated a bit.

In the late 1990's and early 2000's a lot of people were fleeing, as profitius put it. But now, I think it has dampened down a bit. You still get people that does immigrate to other countries for the purpose of getting away of crime. but how is that different from people fleeing other countries like Zimbabwe, Somalia and Nigeria to our shores? it's a bit of an African theme nowadays.

I think the majority who does leave now, is because of work related issues. My brother for instance is a Chartered Accountant at PWC, and he has the opportunity to pick between Canada, USA and England to go and work for around 3 years if he wants to.

What people are not thinking about is that our Tertiary institutions are still top-class, while our secondary and primary schools are decreasing in quality. for instance, with my Law degree, when I graduate, I can go and work in Canada, UK, Australia and even New Zealand, as our justice systems are based on nearly the same principles.

In my brother's case, he just has to learn the other countries tax laws to work there.

Many of our Engineers gets work abroad, and a lot of them are based in the UAE.

Alright. But I must say I'm very, very offended by the fact that of all those strange choices for capital letters in there you would put a capital 'E' to "engineers". Like, they're cut from a different cloth or smt ?? huh ? HUH ??!! Us artistic kinds don't deserve a capital letter, do we ??!!!

Alright. But I must say I'm very, very offended by the fact that of all those strange choices for capital letters in there you would put a capital 'E' to "engineers". Like, they're cut from a different cloth or smt ?? huh ? HUH ??!! Us artistic kinds don't deserve a capital letter, do we ??!!!

As someone who is sitting his engineering finals, I very much look forward to my capital E.

Latest posts