• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What if we had a British and Irish Lions tour now?? Whats your best XV

The guy who was lucky not to be suspended for the Aus game! Waaaay to indiciplined for my liking. Also, not really fair to critisize Rees' throwing, then put Hartley's name forward, he's no better atall. And I thought this thread was asking for opinions based on current form, and Rees' throwing has been impeccable this AI's....

Haha, very good Cyril.

Edit: when I said indiciplined, I actually mean't dirty fu**er!!!

Last edited:
Seen and raised
ford-gouge_1598100c.jpg

on the contary not seen unless you are accusing dan Cole??

Hartley's good, Thompson's good, Ford's good, Flannery's good if he's ever fit again, Cronin's good and Best is good if he's not having a yips day.

Granted they all have their weaknesses, but then so does Rees.

Hartley's good, Thompson's good, Ford's good, Flannery's good if he's ever fit again, Cronin's good and Best is good if he's not having a yips day.

Granted they all have their weaknesses, but then so does Rees.

Varly is the best Irish hooker at the moment. Streets ahead of Best anyway!

The guy who was lucky not to be suspended for the Aus game! Waaaay to indiciplined for my liking. Also, not really fair to critisize Rees' throwing, then put Hartley's name forward, he's no better atall. And I thought this thread was asking for opinions based on current form, and Rees' throwing has been impeccable this AI's....

Haha, very good Cyril.

Edit: when I said indiciplined, I actually mean't dirty fu**er!!!
I dont think ive ever critizised rees throwing

Varly is the best Irish hooker at the moment. Streets ahead of Best anyway!

Waiting for him to (be given a chance to) prove it on the international level.

That said, I wouldn't swap Best for him or any of the names I mentioned. Leaving his odd wobbly day with the darts aside (and he's been very good with Muller after a few teething problems) and his scrummaging ability and the amount of work he does in the loose is invaluable. And he's done it at international level too.

edit: And Rees is a good thrower who unfortunately often goes missing when you really need him to step up throwing wise. You'll notice where he is in my Lions 22 though...

Latest posts