• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What if we made an Anzac Team to take on the British Isles Lions? I'd watch!

hotstop_kid

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Chiefs
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore (vc)
3. Owen Franks
4. Brodie Retallick
5. Rob Simmons
6. David Pocock
7. Matt Todd
8. Kieran Read (c)
9. Aaron Smith
10. Beauden Barrett
11. Dane Haylett-Petty
12. Bernard Foley
13. Israel Falou
14. Israel Dagg
15. Ben Smith

16. Sekope kepu
17. Dane Coles
18. Charlie Faumuina
19. Michael Hooper
20. Scott Fardy
21. Will Genia
22. Aaron Cruden

Having both Stephen Moore and Kieran on at the same time will inspire all the men. Bernard Foley covers the kicking duties. Scott Sio and O Franks powerhouses at the front. David and Matt both are great at the breakdowns. DHP got some gas for the left wing, with good friends izzy falou and dagg combining magic on the right side, ben cool calm player at the back, then beaudy and A. smith with options all over the field as both distributor and first receiver

Last edited:
1. Scott Sio
2. Dane Coles
3. Owen Franks
4. Brodie Retallick
5. Sam Whitelock
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Sam Cane
8. Kieran Read (c)
9. Aaron Smith
10. Beauden Barrett
11. Waisake Naholo
12. Ryan Crotty
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Israel Folau
15. Ben Smith

16. Nathan Harris
17. Joe Moody
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Patrick Tuipulotu
20. Ardie Savea
21. TJ Perenara
22. Aaron Cruden
23. George Moala

1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore (vc)
3. Owen Franks
4. Brodie Retallick
5. Rob Simmons
6. David Pocock
7. Matt Todd
8. Kieran Read (c)
9. Aaron Smith
10. Beauden Barrett
11. Dane Haylett-Petty
12. Bernard Foley
13. Israel Falou
14. Israel Dagg
15. Ben Smith

16. Sekope kepu
17. Dane Coles
18. Charlie Faumuina
19. Michael Hooper
20. Scott Fardy
21. Will Genia
22. Aaron Cruden

Having both Stephen Moore and Kieran on at the same time will inspire all the men. Bernard Foley covers the kicking duties. Scott Sio and O Franks powerhouses at the front. David and Matt both are great at the breakdowns. DHP got some gas for the left wing, with good friends izzy falou and dagg combining magic on the right side, ben cool calm player at the back, then beaudy and A. smith with options all over the field as both distributor and first receiver

The Lions would probably beat that team.

Haylett-Petty? I don't like the Foley and Falou midfield much either. Both fine players, but you'd have to bench them in favour of B.Smith and ALB. Falou could start with Crotty in the midfield though

I think only Sio, Pocock and Falou would make the cut. There's no way Moore goes ahead of Coles, same for Simmons over Whitelock.

I guess they can if you want to be charitable and slightly more balanced towards the Australian representation out of respect sake, but if you had to pick a side from Aussie/All Blacks only Falou, Pocock and Sio realistically break in. Even then on forms sake I'd rather take a few of our other loose forwards over Pocock.

is Dane coles not the best hooker ever. does his job as a hooker and carries like a back row forward. he'd start IMO

is Dane coles not the best hooker ever. does his job as a hooker and carries like a back row forward. he'd start IMO

Would be hard to argue against this though one hooker that comes to mind who never really got the international opportunities would be Uli Schmidt.

Tough as nails, hard to bring down, could read the game well and would always pop up as a loosie making good yards & getting well over the advantage line.

Lions side at the end of a tour versus a BaaBaas style ANZAC side, the Lions win IMO. I agree that not many Aussies make the cut on merit, but in a representative side, politics comes into things. Similarly, I think that the Lions best shot would be to take the strongest home nations side and stick them in a red shirt.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be hard to argue against this though one hooker that comes to mind who never really got the international opportunities would be Uli Schmidt.

Tough as nails, hard to bring down, could read the game well and would always pop up as a loosie making good yards & getting well over the advantage line.

I've posted recently about how hard it is to compare ears and suggested that all you can base an assessment on fairly is how players got on against their peers. Keith Wood was the inaugural IRB (at the time) player of the year. I agree that in time, we'll probably talk about Coles as the best of all time.

Latest posts