• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Irish Team Would you like to see....

Jockstap

First XV
TRF Legend
With the Summer Internationals just around the corner what 22 would you like Kidney to start against the NZ and Aus. Considering injuries, here's mine

1 Court
2 Flannery
3 Buckley
4 DOC
5 Cullen
6 Wallace
7 Jennings
8 Heaslip
9 O'Leary
10 Sexton
11 Trimble
12 BOD
13 Earls
14 Bowe
15 Kearney

16 Cronin
17 Hayes
18 Toner
19 O'Brien
20 Reddan
21 ROG
22 Murphy

Court is probably the best scrummaging LH who's getting game time in Ireland at the moment and with Buckley not great in the Scrum Court gets in ahead of Healy for me.

BOD is another who looks well off the pace lately but I think if he moved to 12 like he did for the Welsh match in the six nations the backline looks far more threatening. I think an Earls/BOD partnership could be lethal.

Your thoughts?

im not to sure about mixing it up all to much for NZ/AUS but thats the team i would like to see for the Barbarains game. A question about your 2nd rows is O'Conell out for summer? If so i agree with you on those choices if not i have to say Cullen and POC.

My team for NZ/AUS
1.Court, maby Horan
2.Flannery
3.Buckley
4.Cullen
5.POC
6.Ferris
7.Wallace
8.Heaslip
9.TOL
10. Sexton
11.Earls
12.D'arcy
13. BOD
14.Bowe
15.Keaney

For the Barbarians i would go with tour team.

Assuming Ferris and Fitzgerald aren't touring;

1. Healy
2. Flannery
3. Buckley
4. POC
5. DOC
6. McLaughlin
7. O'Brien
8. Heaslip
9. O'Leary
10. Sexton
11. Trimble
12. Earls
13. BOD
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

Replacements; Court, Cronin, Cullen, Wallace, Reddan, O'Gara, Murphy

I know it's unrealistic (particularly Wally not starting) but I wanna see a bit of a build up to the world cup and Wally is seriously getting on in years

Assuming Ferris and Fitzgerald aren't touring;

1. Healy
2. Flannery
3. Buckley
4. POC
5. DOC
6. McLaughlin
7. O'Brien
8. Heaslip
9. O'Leary
10. Sexton
11. Trimble
12. Earls
13. BOD
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

Replacements; Court, Cronin, Cullen, Wallace, Reddan, O'Gara, Murphy

I know it's unrealistic (particularly Wally not starting) but I wanna see a bit of a build up to the world cup and Wally is seriously getting on in years

D'Arcy's not even in your 22 King, have you lost the faith?

The way things are looking at the moment POC, Ferris, Fitz, Best, MOD will be out for the summer tour. Also I think Toner might still b injured along with Donncha Ryan(jeez we'd be screwed if Cullen or DOC got injured).

I don't think Earls would make a good International 12, imo he doesn't have the rugby brain for it, Drico on the other hand could be excellent, he has everything you need at 12 in his arsenal excellent rugby brain, can make breaks, great distribution, decent kicker, create space etc.

I don't think McLaughlin is international quality, Wallace can play blindside and is too good a player to leave out, however way Kidney plays it though the Irish backrow looks seriously underpowered without Ferris or Leamy.

I'm all for experimenting in the Barbarians and Aus games, but I want our strongest possible team to play against NZ it's about time we got that massive monkey off our back(plus I'll be at the game).

we should just throw out an expement for the Barbarains and then see what works. Ohh i know shaggy at 12
not

Yeah I see your point with BOD at 12 but it just seems like we'd be moving the best 13 in the world out of his prime position... Why fix what isn't broken? Ah I don't think you can leave McLaughlin out of the tour. He's been so solid for Leinster this season. He'll never be of Ferris' quality but I'd definitely put him 2nd choice 6 at the moment.
If POC is injured that's a massive pain in the ass.
yeah I'm being realistic when it comes to D'Arcy... he probably won't be in the world cup. He may not be our number 12 in 2011 but he'll always be number 1 in my heart.

Yeah I see your point with BOD at 12 but it just seems like we'd be moving the best 13 in the world out of his prime position... Why fix what isn't broken? Ah I don't think you can leave McLaughlin out of the tour. He's been so solid for Leinster this season. He'll never be of Ferris' quality but I'd definitely put him 2nd choice 6 at the moment.
If POC is injured that's a massive pain in the ass.
yeah I'm being realistic when it comes to D'Arcy... he probably won't be in the world cup. He may not be our number 12 in 2011 but he'll always be number 1 in my heart.

While I think BOD is the best player to ever wear the 13 jersey in rugby, today, although it pains me to say it because I have an irrational dislike to the man, Jacque Fourie is the best 13 in the world. POC is rumoured to be out for the rest of the season with a groin injury.

Squad I'd like to see

Prop
Buckley, Court, Healy, Hagan, Horan, Hayes

Hooker
Flannery, Cronin, Varley

Lock(A bit of a Lock crisis at the mo)
DOC, Cullen, O'Kelly, O'Donohoe, Touhy

Flanker
Heaslip, Wallace, Jennings, O'Brien, McLaughlin

Scrum Half
O'Leary, Reddan, Boss

Outhalf
Sexton, ROG

Centre
BOD, Earls, D'Arcy, McFadden

Wing
Bowe, Trimble, Carr,

Fullback
Kearney, Murphy

Do you think there's any chance that Kidney might take a long shot and throw in some of the exceptional youngsters like Conway, Ruddock, Zebo. Unlikely I know but would be good to see.

this tour will be important. if we are putting ourselves in contention for the world cup we need to prove we can beat the southern hemisphere giants plus the wallabies are in our group.

if we were playing tomorrow and taking ferris and POC is injured my 22 would be

1)court
2)flannery
3)Buckley
4)O'callaghan
5)Cullen
6)Mclaughlin
7)wallace
8)heaslip
9)O'leary
10)sexton
11)Trimble
12)BOD
13)Earls
14)Bowe
15)kearney

16)Healy
17)Cronin
18)O'donohue
19)Jennings
20)Redden
21)ROG
22)wallace

Last edited:
caldwell mabey or recall bob casey mabey we need to start to develop devin toner aswell

Latest posts