• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What is the most serious injury you have suffered?

There are two bones either side of each other in your lower leg, the Fibula is the smaller and more brittle one on the outside of the leg.

i feel like a lucky lucky man iv only broke my fingers ( well fractured all of them at diffrent times) but i did a double tackle while playing for my school and we slipped a guys disc in his back he had a full on spasm was scary stuff

One broken rib, two cracked and all of them on that side heavily bruised. Wasn't a fun month or two that.

Arm, ankle and wrist. I think I've done my thumb once ore twice, hurt like hell for about a month. Didn't bother to get it checked though.

Torn ACL ligaments on my right knee with still float about when I bend and flex my knee, great party trick.

I have dislocated my left shoulder which has never been put pack properly so that catches too, another good trick to freak people out.

And a couple of broken toes

I've broken my arm and I've had a fractured thumb. very very very sore. The arm was trapped at the bottom of a collapsed maul and I couldn't get it out and was losing the head.

Pulled all the ligaments in my ankle, shattered one of the joints on my little finger, and plenty of concussions and knockouts :(

eh only 2 that made me come off fractured ribs from a cowardly **** who kicked me full swing into the side when i was on my knees getting up after making a hit...the guys face is stuck in my head and someday im going to find the ******* ..

and the concussion i got a few weeks back...which apparently i played rather well after it until i collapsed off side of a scrum..not that i remember it :p

then the little annoying injuries broken all my fingers bar my pinky on right hand ..few chipped teeth (GAA ) dislocated thumb a few times ...

but as a rule i do more damage than i take :p touch wood

Broken radius is prob the worst, and while it didnt really happen to me at once (more slowly built up) my spine was way out of whack for ages, resulting in pretty bad neck and back pain which is thankfully now nearly all sorted out.

eh only 2 that made me come off fractured ribs from a cowardly **** who kicked me full swing into the side when i was on my knees getting up after making a hit...the guys face is stuck in my head and someday im going to find the ******* ..

and the concussion i got a few weeks back...which apparently i played rather well after it until i collapsed off side of a scrum..not that i remember it :p

then the little annoying injuries broken all my fingers bar my pinky on right hand ..few chipped teeth (GAA ) dislocated thumb a few times ...

but as a rule i do more damage than i take :p touch wood

Same with me mate. The image of that blokes face who kicked me when he'd run me over is still in my head, I'd love to bump into the coward one day, he wouldn't have been brave enough to put the boot in if he hadn't broken my leg I doubt.

Dislocated my ankle playing rugby on the beach. three fractures still got a limp 5 months later and totally efd uped my training. my right leg looks like a stick must of lost 10 kg of muscle on my body. Feels like i've lost a years worth of gyming.

I had an open leg fracture when I was 12, broke my noise when I was 8 and that's all for the moment.

Went to the hospital yesterday for an x-ray on the leg I broke hoping for some good news... the x-ray revealed it is fully healed now after 13 months. I've still got the 10mm rod going from knee to ankle but my consultant said I'm allowed to gradually get back into rugby! My only concern is although my consultant says that the leg is fully healed it still feels week to me when o walk on it. i was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction, I'm looking for some runnig shoes, but some special ones that take some of the impact and pressure when my leg hits the ground while walking/running, perhaps with softish bottoms, can anybody give me some advice on where I can get some running shoes similar to what I've described or point me in the right direction? I'm not going to get straight back into it but first going to start to go out running and build my fitness back up as in the 13 months its been broken I've piled on about 6 stone, I was 11 stone, now more or less 17, so I have to shed a few stone because I'm a winger, or was a winger lol!.
Any help would be great cheers :D

I know Nike do a lot of shoes with a load of cushioning (think it's the "Nike Air" series)
These are their "cushioning" range:
http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_GB/commerce/men?hf=787^791^4294967155^4294967250^4294966139#?p=PWP&t=Men%27s%20Cushioning%20Running%20Shoes&ll=en_GB&ct=GB
I'd reccomend looking at www.sportsdirect.com for shoes, so find the ones you like the look of/the range, then look on SportsDirect, their prices are usually a lot lower, as they often have the previous years models, or have various sales and the such on
You could always try just running on grass rather than roads. Might be boring but running round a playing field or somethign will avoid the impacts from the tarmac

That's great news as well, btw!

Last edited:
Yeah thanks, its been a long time, consultant said he may look to take metal rod out of my leg in 6 months time or might just leave it. will have a look at those trainers now, cheers butt

Broken wrist skating, both ankles while slightly intoxicated and jumping off things, few concussions and numerous broken fingers and thumbs etc playing rugby, cracked a collar bone which still isnt quite right now when someone dropped a knee on me at the back of a maul. And im currently resting my leg after an ACL replacent, did it by catcking a stud in the ground going for a tackle beggining of last season. Cant wait to get back. Probably be next season now though.

It will feel weak for some time, believe me. The best thing to do is biking and getting more muscle strength to that leg. I would aim at the second part of the season before entering the rugbypitch again.

Cheers, ive got no intentions of rushing back or doing anything that my physio doesn't advise me to do anyway. Got to get myself a bike as im not driving atm. Just RICEing it a lot to bring the swelling down for now and doing the basic exercises i was given. It wasnt so bad while season was off but now its underway again, especially the heineken cup im seriously missing rugby dammit!

Latest posts