• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What is the most serious injury you have suffered?

broke my chin 3 times while playing football (lol), and fractured my forehead about a month ago during training... can't wait to go back to the pitch :D

compared to some here this is nothing but ive broken a bone in my hand and dislocated the same one at the knuckle and dislocated the bone next to it.. thats about it :/

Concussion, bruised most of the ribs on my left side (hardest hit I've ever received), right ankle is shot, left MCL, 11 stitches in face and glued shut once, broke 3rd metacarpal (i think that's what it's called) in my right hand, hyperextended right elbow, some sort of dislocation in my right shoulder (I don't trust doctors much so I don't have most things checked out), did the same thing to the other shoulder, but that's because I was really drunk and smashed into a parked car. At least 4 fingers don't really work as well as I would like without pain. Nothing too extremely serious, but all of it together kinda makes it hard to get out of bed the day after a match...

P.S. For who was asking about shoes, I don't know about where you're from but here there are specialty running shops that only sell shoes and stuff for runners. They put you on a treadmill and watch how your ankle and feet work and recommend shoes accordingly. I don't know if it's a scam or not but I loved the shoes I got there. Good place to start.

P.S. For who was asking about shoes, I don't know about where you're from but here there are specialty running shops that only sell shoes and stuff for runners. They put you on a treadmill and watch how your ankle and feet work and recommend shoes accordingly. I don't know if it's a scam or not but I loved the shoes I got there. Good place to start.

That sounds good mate, don't think we have anything like that where I live like what you have in America to my knowledge. I live in Wales. What was the name of the running shop/s? Maybe we have something similar that I could check on the internet or if the running shop/s is an international company we may have one.
Cheers

I have broken and dislocated my thumb at the same time while playing for school. while i was in the hospital for that I overheard the guy next to me (he had injured his leg) telling the doctor that he was flying out to Ireland for Leinster trials on the weekend. the doctor simply said "no your not" to him, I felt sorry for he lad, he could have been the best rugby player the island had ever produced (doubt it though). Also fracture a few toes after jumping out a tree, but thats anouther story.

That sounds good mate, don't think we have anything like that where I live like what you have in America to my knowledge. I live in Wales. What was the name of the running shop/s? Maybe we have something similar that I could check on the internet or if the running shop/s is an international company we may have one.
Cheers

The place is called Fleet's Feet (I have no clue as to why), and I never heard of it until recently when a mate of mine mentioned it after I complained of running pain. If there are any running or fitness clubs (that organize marathons, memorial runs, 5k's, or any other fitness oriented events) you could possibly contact someone there and see if there's something similar to that who sponsor events or just hang around. Like I said, I had no idea a place like that existed until I randomly was told about it. Now I know they do training for long-distance running, marathons, triathlons, etc. Perhaps some research will uncover some good results. Good luck to you.

Not sure where abouts in SW you are Michael, but I just googled "running shoe analysis south wales" and there's a few down there
e.g "Up and Running" in Swansea and "Run and Become" in Cardiff (bound to be a few more dotted around, those are just the top two)

Boxing: Fractured eye socket. 100% full recovery, very lucky I was told by doc. 1 month off

Rugby: Rolled ankle. 3 weeks off.

League: Rolled ankle. 3 weeks off.

13 years of Rugby and League and I have only had those 6 weeks off due to injury. I've played every other game, even with the flu and a hangover.

Train hard.

Not sure where abouts in SW you are Michael, but I just googled "running shoe analysis south wales" and there's a few down there
e.g "Up and Running" in Swansea and "Run and Become" in Cardiff (bound to be a few more dotted around, those are just the top two)

I'm in Cwmbran mate so thats quite handy and well worth having a look at. Cardiffs only 40 minute drive away and Swansea only an hour so thats ideal. I'll google it myself now and have a look.

Cheers but

Mine would either be my assortment of broken fingers, or the torn ligaments in my thumb. If I'd done my ankle as badly as I could've, then it would've been that, but fortunately I went to the doctor before the wear and tear led to my Achilles tendon completely letting go. Woke up to myself for a while after that.

Guess tonight added a new one to my list.. picked up the ball ran went to go low to push up caught a knee right ot the sholder where the padding is the thinest insantly felt it go, couldnt move it for around 20 mins and now it hurts like hell when moving it..

Latest posts