• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Phone to Get

G

getofmeland

Well its that time of the year for me, its the end of my contract and time for me to get a new phone, I have had no problems on my current network Orange, but need to move away from them as I get no signal at work...

I am not too bothered by a high powered camera because I do have a top of the range digital camera which I can't wait getting a chance to use at the next TRF Meetup and Rugby Match...

I am looking at potentially getting a Smart Phone, and would like to have WiFi available on the phone...

Current Choices include:

Nokia N95 8GB Black
9098003a8mn.jpg
90970013ath.jpg

Blackberry Pearl 8120

bbpearl8120.jpg

Those are my current two that I am looking at... Does anyone have any other suggestions.... This is a very serious matter...

([blink]joke alert![/blink]) Moderator Preswick says:
Neeeerds.jpg

My upgrade is due in March. I will be watching this thread very closely indeed.

Neeeerds.jpg

you guys probably dont have it over there but the LG Envy is my phone of choice (the one i own):

VX9900openH4Web.jpg

the-lg-envy-86582.jpg

if you have any alternatives like it in england i highly reccomend it. great for texting/email with the keyboard, and it closes so it is a regular phone on the outside with a remarkable camera. plus if you dont feel like flipping it open to text you can text on the front which is always a good alternative to keyboard texting!

or maybe you guys do have it??

Neeeerds.jpg

I strongly suggest the Nokia N95.

Years ago when I was 12, I started with Nokia. Then I moved on to Motorola, then Sony Ericsson, and i've always missed the Nokias...so simple yet sophisticated...hard to explain really.

I'm in the market for a N95, however the 72 seems more in my price range...I think ill splurge out and get the 95...

GET THE N95!!! We can be phone buddiesssss...
026_lucky_nerd.jpg

Yay phone buddies

Neeeerds.jpg

You might want to check out a website called Mobile Gazette Charlie. They tend to be quite good with reviews.

I'm treating this with the contempt it deserves...[blink]NEEERRRRRRDS![/blink]

N95 is a great phone, but the battery is pathetic. This is based on my flatties experience and almost every review Ive read about it. The new 8 gig N95 may be better battery wise, but if you already have a great camera, why the need for a 5MP phone? Although handy for nights out when you dont want to risk your nice camera.

Another to consider which is due out soon is the Sony Ericsson W960i which you can check out on their web site. Probably what I will go with next.

Happy hunting!!

Well I have gone for the Nokia N82...

Have only read good things about it... Just letting it charge now then will play...

Its bloody nice mate... so far I am very pleased with it, superb camera on it, and the music side of it is nice, comes with 2 GB Memory and I am on £30 a month tariff and got it free...

Latest posts