• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Position Do You/ Did You Play?

Black Heart

Bench Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
Just wondering what position(s) you've played. Who are the fatties and who are the players on this site?

I'll start: Blindside/ Number 8

What positions have I played? The honest truth. I'm 18 at the moment and will put the ages in brackets after the positions.

Loosehead Prop (15), Hooker (15/16), Tighthead Prop(15), Blindside Flanker (12), Openside Flanker(13-16), Number 8(13-18), Inside Center(14), Wing and Full Back currently.

4/5 years ago I used to be one of the biggest guys in the team hence why I was playing front row but I was never a fatty was just naturally a bit stronger than the other lads and I was manouverable. But as I started getting 'older' everyone else grew and got bigger whilst I stayed exactly the same hence why I've slowly moved outwards since 13/14. I played the majority of my youth at 7 for my school team and then 8 for my club side. Now I'm playing adult rugby there is absolutely no chance I'd survive in the forward so have moved out even further to full back and winger which I really enjoy too.

For the first 3 years of my rugby playing career I was a second row (from the ages of 12 to 15). I failed to grow at an appropriate rate for the senior cycle however so I swapped to the backrow. I played at 6 mostly.

Well my frist years i was a prop and then I moved to second row when I got to big for prop (as in tall). then I had to move back to prop for a year or two because we had nobody who could do it. After that I went back to 2nd row and and few games at 8. and of corse there was the on game at 14 :p

I'm normally lumped on the Wing because we've got good players in the first team in other positons, but I prefer Fullback or Outside Centre. However, I played 10 for the second half in our last game of the season, which went suprisingly well, so I may play there more often, but I'd still rather a bit further out. They tried to move me to Scrum-Half at the start of last season as well, but that backfired before the first game was played.

Wing and fullback in union. Five-eighth, hooker, winger, fullback in league.

Well although im "officially retired" my primary position back in in the day was loose head prop. In my prime i was 18 stone and could run 100 metres in 14 ish seconds (pretty quick for someone that size). But after 3 knee dislocations and 2 knee ops, i decided 2 years ago to call it a day. After finishing, i went down to 12 stone, but now im a healthy 14 1/2 stone, and the ladies love it ;D

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

I've played all 15 positions. Currently I'm playing 12 and 9.

I had pretty much the same as Ollie Holden above (though mostly a second rower in school), and then after playing a couple of seasons in the back three, I started moving to the inside again.
And there was one season where I was first choice 10, but that speaks more of the lack of players the club had (mostly beginners) than of my ability at that position.

I am currently playing as a blindside flanker ..resigned as openside as I have gotten a bit lazy :p

Actually want another pop in the backline next year as I spent this year developing a pretty ridiculous sidestep , decent boot and a good brain so would be up for trying 10 , 12 , 13 ....probably will forget about all that though....responsibility ..sigh** :p

Started at Inside centre when I was 8, but have played 9 for 6 years now. Potentially moving to the flankers/centres/fulback next season

Started second row at 7.. played there till around 12 where I played flanker for a season.. stopped playing now currently playing second row again

Started at Second Row/8 when I was younger, progressed to solely back row now (not heavy enough any more).

When worst comes to worst I'll play wing (tend to be the fastest forward on the pitch), but my positioning is truly appalling. Still... Can't kill the dream of being number 11 :lol:

Inside center last year, currently blindside or second row when we run out of substitutes.

Fullback, winger, 1st centre, 2nd centre, outhalf, scrumhalf and no.8. Currently play either centre

Played 9 from age 12-15; Fullback/wing age 15-16 ; Age 17- to now i have been playing Centre and cover wing if required. Have played hooker before; but 4 Sevens, did not enjoy scrumming against 15 a side props. Ha Ha.

obviously i play prop usually tighthead although prefer loosehead have also played second row and number 8 because coach said i have "great leg strength" also on one memorable occaision was named at out half unfortunately the match was cancelled

Latest posts