• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What position should I play?

Come on England

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
14 years of age, 5 foot 7/8 and weigh just less than 9 stone. I have decent pace, not ridiculously quick, but have great evasive skills and a pretty decent passing game. My defence isn't great, but it's an area I want to improve.

Thanks.

How good are you under the high ball?

Sounds like you're going to end up in the back line somewhere (although you're fairly big for a 14 year old). Given how young you are it's worth thinking about where you WANT to end up more than anything else. You're probably a little too small to be in the tight 5, and a little too big to be a 9 but apart from that you've got plenty of options. I'd say 12 or 15 but really that's a wild guess.

Play hooker its the best position in the world, will keep you warm on a cold winters afternoon!

Cheers for you answers - thanks a lot.My kicking out of hand is pretty good, and I am pretty inconsistent under the high ball. I will take a few, but am prone to the occasional error.Thanks again.

I'd say 12, but you're young enough that it's not going to make an enormous difference. It'll really force you to improve your defence though

I'd agree with 12, you'll have to get your defence down right, but you can use your feet and size to best advantage there and the passing will come in handy too.

With your size and attributes, you could play anywhere in the back line - maybe even in the backrow.

If I had to say, I think either 10 or 12 would be good for you, but if you practise and improve under the high ball, 15 would be ideal IMO.

Latest posts